It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favourite Alien or Conspiracy Movies?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The arrival featuring Sheen has been mentioned but "Arrival" from 2016 is a different film. Just watched it a few weeks ago and enjoyed. Not sure if it's an all time favorite for me but i can recommend watching.

"When twelve mysterious spacecraft appear around the world, linguistics professor Louise Banks is tasked with interpreting the language of the apparent alien visitors."

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The Thirteenth Floor
smilla's sense of snow
Cube
Gattaca
The Host
Solaris
Stalker
Logan's Run
Black Mirror tv series: "Fifteen Million Merits" (must watch) and "Men Against Fire"

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
"Last Starfighter". It was probably my first conspiracy type movie that I remember where it got me thinking if theres a lot we dont know about or not told.
edit on 23-5-2017 by wickd_waze because: ASU

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I've always liked Close Encounters, The Fifth Element, and The Arrival. The Day the Earth Stood Still is also good.

For TV I liked Falling Skies a lot. And of course, V.

For conspiracies I think Mercury Rising was pretty good.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: alomaha

Logan's Run

Mostly for Jenny Agutter.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charlyboy
a reply to: Davg80

What can I say apart from "The Man Who Fell To Earth" David Bowie.

Best ending ever.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If we aren't just talking movies then "Dark Skies" was a fine piece of 90s TV set against a 1960s background and the premise that history was a lie..That the aliens were here and had been interfering since 1947...Meant to run for 4/5 seasons with each one set in a different decade. Finally leading up to the millennium.

It was cancelled after one 20 epsiode season. Despite some great production values and it's conspiratorial twist on the real events that shaped the 1960s...

This clip sums up the whole, sadly short lived, series ....If you've never heard of this series then you really should watch this clip. It just about covers everything it was about in around 10 mins.

edit on 23/5/17 by mirageman because: edit

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Here a couple of older TV series as well

UFO

And "The Invaders" - 1960s version.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So many great movies that I love in this thread!

- I can always, at any time, watch the Alien or Predator movies.
- The remake of the War of the Worlds.
- Signs
- Dark Skies
- And always Independence Day!
- I also liked Cowboys and Aliens and Battleship.

Unacknowledged is one I really want to see, but will likely have to wait until DVD.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Qudrelth

If you liked take shelter then I would definitely recommend Midnight Special.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

another one that was cancelled after 1 season was "theevent" the last episode was absolutely brilliant, left you buzzing for the new series.......... then they cancelled it, to close to the truth maybe!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

you didnt see my OP on the day it came out i see.....

enjoy, i would put it 5 mins forward if you dont like shock TV
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Of recent vintage would be Arrival. That mighta been my favorite movie if 2016. Otherwise, I might have to go with the first X-Files movie. The first 2/3 was exactly how I wanted the topic of government conspiracy on aliens/UFOs to be treated. It got a liitle broad in the third act, but it was fine.

There really is a great alien/UFO/government conspiracy movie waiting to be made though. There's so much drama if they just rooted it in reality. Just the machinations of a government trying to keep secrets and figure out what to do.

Instead, it's alien invasions blowing stuff up, aliens eating people, resistance fighters, etc. The topic isn't treated with the seriousness I would prefer.
edit on 24-5-2017 by jordan77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: mirageman

another one that was cancelled after 1 season was "theevent" the last episode was absolutely brilliant, left you buzzing for the new series.......... then they cancelled it, to close to the truth maybe!

en.wikipedia.org...

I think I bailed on that show early because I knew it was gonna get canceled. Didn't wanna get hooked anymore than I already was.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I loved mork and mindy.
a Human living with a alien.
and the problems they have with different cultures.
very funny to

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

nano nano buddy......... loved it, and i watched an ep recently, still funny as fcuk

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jordan77

honestly bud that's exactly what happened, i got hooked on it then the ending was mind blowing, the new series was going to be brilliant, so many possibilities... so they cancelled it lol

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The Abyss

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
"They Live" was also a film I thought was completely crap while watching it one night on TV until the moment they find the 'magic' sunglasses. After that it suddenly becomes a great conspiracy thriller for a B-movie.

Yes! They Live is the perfect intersection of ET/UFO and conspiracy material!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
KPAX

ONE OF THE BEST EVER!!!

Amazing film

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join