It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favourite Alien or Conspiracy Movies?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I remember being equally impressed and confused by The Ninth Gate by Roman Polanski. A lot of red wine was involved but there is a definite atmosphere about that movie that had me questioning things about the occult and the way 'seekers' are drawn to it. I need to give it another watch.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Some (short) tv-series or movies are worth watching.

The Andromeda strain..the 1971 movie and the 2008 tv-series
The crazies (1973 and 2010 remake).
The Mist is an other great movie ..a new version will be released this or next year.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: PolyCottonBlend
"skeleton key". you can really only watch it once, then it's kinda spoiled. but..."skeleton key".

I agree. It's a great movie, but it loses some appeal when you know the ending.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Well i have got to watch that one, a bit like 6th sense then eh, there is a great twist in Dark City also but i have watched that a few times, i highly recommend that one... Quite excited by loads of these, Big thanks to everyone involved

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Shutter Island and Wag the Dog i should have included. not space related but the first one was MK Ultra like and the second one speaks for itself

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Pandorum

Moon(not alien but well worth a watch if you like scifi)

Europa Report

The last days on Mars

Interstellar

2001 Space Odyssey

The Signal

Prometheus

Event horizon

They are my personal favourite.

edit on 21-5-2017 by fatpastyhead because: Added a movie

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
My first suggestion is a mini series called Taken which is directed by Steven Spielberg. It's about Aliens and it's amazing.

Then there's these!

Another Earth
Take Shelter
Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
Super 8
Contact
Paul

All time suggestion is the miniseries Taken. Hope you like it!

edit on 21-5-2017 by Qudrelth because: Edit

edit on 21-5-2017 by Qudrelth because: edit

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Qudrelth

Taken!! why haven't i heard of that one. that is being downloaded now cheers

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

That's great! It's like 10 mini movies all wrapped into an absolutely fascinatingly amazing story! Cheers!

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

A personal favorite, and a scary possible future!

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

a few more, not alien, space Conspiracy. but they have apocalyptic themes.

A Boy And His Dog,

so bad you gotta love it,

this ones kinda deep, full movie.

this movie inspired Metallica song One,

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
Well i have got to watch that one, a bit like 6th sense then eh, there is a great twist in Dark City also but i have watched that a few times, i highly recommend that one...

So do I, although of a different style I think it's better than the "Skeleton Key".

I have watched both more than once, but usually I do not watch "Skeleton Key" in full, while I watch Dark City in full.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I pressed the wrong button!

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
If you're looking for an end of the world type movie that's hilarious and depressing at the same time, 'It's A Disaster' is hilariously depressing.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruptedstructure
Shutter Island and Wag the Dog i should have included. not space related but the first one was MK Ultra like and the second one speaks for itself

wag the dog, absolutely yes. and by the same standards, Argo is pretty darn good too. (sorta kinda)

dark city was one of the first "creepy" movies I watched alone. took allot to process, but I totally get it now. but it's kinda like Moses or Roots...I can only watch it every couple of years because it takes a bit of attention to enjoy.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Fire in the Sky

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I posted my previous choice before reading the rest of the thread. Other posters I agree with are ones who mentioned; "They Live" with Roddy Piper, first "MIB" and "Contact".

Others that come to mind are "Man in the Iron Mask" with Leonardo DiCaprio, "Manchurian Candidate" with Denzel Washington and "Philadelphia Experiment".

Does "Moonraker" count because Dolly's not wearing braces anymore?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: firesnake

The ninth gate. Was that the Johnny Depp movie? Before he became a parody of himself? A great movie. I think I was inebriated as well when I watched it. So maybe it isn't that good. Who knows.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The Ninth gate is definitely a good movie. Frank Langella really fit the role as the occult collector.

As far as Alien/Conspiracy movies:

- Alien & Aliens
- Fire in the sky
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Alien is a masterpiece. It's easily in the top 3 space movies of all time if you ask me.

edit on 22 5 2017 by Skeletonized because: Missing text

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
1;Communion - Basically just for the fact i was fascinated by Stribers accounts of his encounters with beings he thought were from another dimension.

2;Fire In the SKY - Travis Walton has always came across as a someone who experienced something quite extraordinary and off the scale of scientific acceptability.

3;Europa Report- The fact that we are entering a hole new ball game in regards to the possibility of some kind of life forms on icy moons.

4;Race to Witch Mountain , again the ET intelligence concept and those that wish to keep it hidden.

5; K-Pax-Prott .Just for the sheer piss take on those that think we know all there is to know about everything in regards to science and this physical dimension we occupy.
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join