It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachers Instructed to Use Math to Indoctrinate Kids in Social Justice

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

That's exactly how they want you to feel.

If everyone was 'outraged' they wouldn't be getting away with it.

Nothing to see here, all part of regular schedule programming...

Just take a look at society and what's going on right now in the world and there is your answer.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Math is / was the one subject that always appealed to me simply because there was a right answer. Numbers don't misinterpret or oppress or lie...until now.

Stop the world I want to get off.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: TinySickTears

Teaching about Race and Imprisonment Rates in the United States is from the devil?

no man
being sarcastic....i dont see the big deal out of this....

After i read your other replies I realized you were being sarcastic but I left my reply because it needs to be said again.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I honestly believe the goal is to ensure only the offspring of the upper echelon of society can have a decent or rather practical education.

STEM was the only subject area from from SJW nonsense, and where lower class kids could still study their way into better paying jobs via skills rather than social connections.

Believe you me, that is what they wish to kill off - the ability for anyone to get a decent job on talent and hard work alone, rather than being born into the right family or growing up in the right neighbourhood.

I am horrified at what friends of mine with school age kids are telling me about what they are being taught or not being taught. In one school, kids have one class (grade 7) where they are spending an entire year putting together a complete Facebook page. Worse, kids are unable to read and yet are still moved forward a grade each year.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annagramma

I am horrified at what friends of mine with school age kids are telling me about what they are being taught or not being taught. In one school, kids have one class (grade 7) where they are spending an entire year putting together a complete Facebook page. Worse, kids are unable to read and yet are still moved forward a grade each year.

yeah that # is not happening.
my daughter starts kindergarten in august...
i want her to go to public school but i am keeping ECOT in my back pocket.

the bullying starts happening or the lesson of the semester is instagram then she is out.
thats all there is to it.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

The problem is how they define equality and these days, it is primarily through the lens of group identity politics of an odd "progressive" (as in anti-Western) strain that I suspect will turn out to be an inversion of the classic book 'How to Lie With Statistics".

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Teaching how to think versus teaching what to think.

Seeing the numbers behind everything is being taught how to think. With proper education, you see reality as if it's the walls in the matrix.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Math is / was the one subject that always appealed to me simply because there was a right answer. Numbers don't misinterpret or oppress or lie...until now.

Stop the world I want to get off.

There's a right answer, but in more difficult math, the process to that answer is long and diffifult. Look up NPHard problems. They're problems that we're simply not smart enough to answer.

Sometimes even the solution to a problem doesn't come to mind. The Problem of Longitude took 400 years to solve... the greatest mathematical contest in history.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annagramma

This isn't a horrible thing to be taught. Did you know that todays 20 somethings have the lowest tech skills of any group in the past 40 years? Additionally, to go along with these poor concepts of what data is, and how to use it, they're the group that overwhelmingly puts all their own info out for everyone to see. Lessons about facebook, what to share, etc... could be pretty useful.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

teachers are thus encouraged to think of ways that math can be used to advocate for marginalized populations 

Teachers are encouraged to "think of ways..." ?
That is extremely vague. Oh well. What could go wrong?

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

and we are teaching our children to be cannibals
dont forget that

Yup, it is all part of the babylonian satanic new world order.
THEY ARE TEACHING US TO EAT EACH OTHER (2017)

Katy Perry - Bon Appétit EXPOSED!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

shame they cant use maths to show us just how crooked the banking system is

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Its long overdue to start home schooling our children. The education system has become and indoctrination process and those on the left are well aware of it. They created it. This along with the slanted media were two of their biggest weapons. The media is the immediate weapon while the schools are the long term weapon.

But who didn't know this?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Wow..... What is this now, Harrison Bergeron in the real world??? This is madness. Kids already struggling with math are supposed to now be told that's someone else's fault, so they can have less time to learn the math, and have new reasons to be angry?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join