It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachers Instructed to Use Math to Indoctrinate Kids in Social Justice

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

The problem is too much and too deep for me to explain it to you here.

If you truly want to know, you owe it to yourself to find out. I could really care less wether you do or not though.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

The problem is too much and too deep for me to explain it to you here.

If you truly want to know, you owe it to yourself to find out. I could really care less wether you do or not though.

yeah i dont care that much

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Which was already clear to me, and explains to me why you think the way you do on certain topics.

Nothing personal.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Which was already clear to me, and explains to me why you think the way you do on certain topics.

Nothing personal.

word

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The alt-left already mutilated science education with faux social justice.

Look at Bill Nye.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The freakin' social issues!

Not everyone seeks "unpaid work hours by gender" as a social issue.

Why would that be? Do caregivers who live at home and either take care of loved ones or children now need to become paid state workers?

But we are hammering that home. What happens when little Johnny comes home and tells mommy that if she's not bringing home a so-called living wage, that she's crap and if she doesn't think she should be getting paid she's crap? Thanks, teach! Now I have to unindoctrinate my kid.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

how is a 6 hour math class formulating math in a different context hammering anything home?

i guess i just dont see the big deal but then again i am not looking for one either

“Teaching Social Justice through Secondary Mathematics” is a six-week online course designed by Teach for America and offered through EdX

how do you have to unindoctrinate your kid exactly?

edit on 20-5-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

i fail to see how a short class that is offered online equals indoctrination and hammering anything home..

i guess people see what they want

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Yeah, I guess you wouldn't have an issue if they calculated days until detection of fetal heartbeat or anything like that in the context of a pro-life message ...

Here's the thing: You can teach math and place it in a real world context without setting it in social issues. If you must use a social issues context, then you partner with a social studies teacher for a joint unit where you teach the relevant math, the social studies teacher talks about current events, the students pick the issues they want to do a project on and then the subjects are combined.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I can't see how Mathematics ie. say adding 2 to another 2 and equaling 4 could be turned into any social justice teaching.
It can only be done by adding unwanted information into the lesson. ie. instead of saying add 2 to 2 the teacher would say add 2 evil people to 2 more evil people!!!!!
Mathematics is pure numbers not any social connotations at all.
Now if they really wanted to add something to the math curriculum don't teach the kids "what is 5% of $100" teach them that banks want to get you into massive debt, with their confusing loans and such, so they can own you. And it starts with student debt.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

its not a must use
it is a short online class that is offered
nobody has to do this

i guess if you look for things to be outraged by you will find them

outrage is a strange phenomenon to me though.
i can not think of the last time i was outraged by anything.
cant think of the last time i was offended by something

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I can't see how Mathematics ie. say adding 2 to another 2 and equaling 4 could be turned into any social justice teaching.
It can only be done by adding unwanted information into the lesson. ie. instead of saying add 2 to 2 the teacher would say add 2 evil people to 2 more evil people!!!!!
Mathematics is pure numbers not any social connotations at all.
Now if they really wanted to add something to the math curriculum don't teach the kids "what is 5% of $100" teach them that banks want to get you into massive debt, with their confusing loans and such, so they can own you. And it starts with student debt.

i think it is just putting it into a different context. thats how im reading it...

whats the difference of saying add 2 evil people to 2 more evil people
or
add 2 apples and 2 apples

i just dont see the problem

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Teaching about Race and Imprisonment Rates in the United States is from the devil?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This level of white racism being supported in our schools is ATROCIOUS.

I'M GETTING REALLY SICK OF IT.

I wish the GOP would focus long-term and implement some conservative values into our classrooms fast, or we'll have lost already.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Why feel the need to teach teachers how to inject this stuff into math class at all?

If a teacher is going to go that far around the bend, then the teacher will find a way. The idea that they create a formal class in it gives it authority as though they're saying, "Hey, this is a good thing! So good we're giving you professional development credits to learn how!"

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Oh joy.

"So zoys and zees, if a Saudi man has 2 wives, and he buys another 2 women to marry, how many oppressed women are there?"

"Zero Ziss?"

"That's right! Now turn to page 17 where we will learn how not to use coins at the candy store since money is cisgendered patriarchal oppression"

This is just nonsense.

I also know for an absolute fact that your typical leftwinger does not agree with nonsensical gibberish. This is an extreme minority, a very, very vocal one at that, that has basically usurped power in numerous public and private institutions. Education, the Media, etc.

They will be their own downfall soon enough. Mark my words.
edit on -050003pm5kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Teaching about Race and Imprisonment Rates in the United States is from the devil?

no man
being sarcastic....i dont see the big deal out of this....

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Why feel the need to teach teachers how to inject this stuff into math class at all?

If a teacher is going to go that far around the bend, then the teacher will find a way. The idea that they create a formal class in it gives it authority as though they're saying, "Hey, this is a good thing! So good we're giving you professional development credits to learn how!"

i dont feel the need
i just dont see what the big deal is...
seems like some people just try to find things to get upset over and blow it out or proportion

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Dont give them ideas!

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i dont feel the need
seems like some people just try to find things to get upset over and blow it out or proportion

Because GASP! it's a vast big bad liberal indoctrination agenda! The ENTIRE left is in on it! We are out to get you and brainwash you with crybaby SJW snowflake nonsense!!!!
Run away while you can!!!!!

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i dont feel the need

Because GASP! it's a vast big bad liberal indoctrination agenda! The ENTIRE left is in on it! We are out to get you and brainwash you with crybaby SJW snowflake nonsense!!!!
Run away while you can!!!!!

and we are teaching our children to be cannibals
dont forget that

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join