It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now heres a reason why Trump won the election and why I voted for him

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Invention, entrepreneurship, and diversity are necessary, yes... but so's a well educated and well-trained workforce. It can start at home but we've got to stop thinking of these businesses as lynchpins for towns and communities.

True! But how does one stop thinking of businesses as their lynchpins? Who wants to live in a community with no prospects? Historically a healthy community has been mostly based on it's ability to thrive and prosper, I'm not exactly sure how one would stop using business as a gauge of that, unless I'm misunderstanding you.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: Annee

They say "bring back our jobs" -- while standing in a Walmart checkout line.

There's a lot of truth to that unfortunately. Though mine is not necessarily a position of 'bring our jobs back', but is more in line with ensure for the good of the people and families that become affected by it that they don't bleed away.

You're right though, not many similar mindsets out there....

Well, I'm actually a Progressive. Progress or die.

People wanting to live the same lives their father's and grandfather's before them lived - - trap themselves.

Coal mining has been dying for years - - yet they still want to hang on. Grow up! It's a clean energy world today.

Ever heard of evolution? It takes many forms.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Absolutely, it takes many forms. I agree.

Likewise though, so does progress and it doesn't always mean moving forward. Sometimes it means moving sideways. What I mean is, that not everything has the ability to be improved upon. For instance the wheel; the basic shape and its functionality has not and likely will not change, because it's perfect for what it does. Or a gear, while the engineering of them and placement of them have changed, their structure and 'job' remains what they always were.

Progress is not always good and one doesn't have to be trapped simply because a way of life (so long as it can be sustained) remains at a moderate and constant level. I'm not even close to saying that progress shouldn't happen, merely that not always is it beneficial. You speak of clean air and coal, well there would be plenty of clean air if progress hadn't been made on industrialization, as an example.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Satire:

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

For instance the wheel; the basic shape and its functionality has not and likely will not change, because it's perfect for what it does.

However, the road they drive on may change. Wooden wheels with metal bands meets freeway

I do understand the other side too. But, its about who/why the vote. Voting for what makes your "ears" feel good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join