It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GREAT AGAIN: Unlike Obama, Trump doesn’t bow to Saudi king

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Rather than worry about bowing isn't anyone concerned about the billion dollar arms deal that was made??

That seems like the more important thing.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
"In 1973, a deal was struck between Saudi Arabia and the United States in which every barrel of oil purchased from the Saudis would be denominated in U.S. dollars. Under this new arrangement, any country that sought to purchase oil from Saudi Arabia would be required to first exchange their own national currency for U.S. dollars. In exchange for Saudi Arabia's willingness to denominate their oil sales exclusively in U.S. dollars, the United States offered weapons and protection of their oil fields from neighboring nations, including Israel. By 1975, all of the OPEC nations had agreed to price their own oil supplies exclusively in U.S. dollars in exchange for weapons and military protection."

The only reason the US is still a superpower is because of the petrodollar. I know many here on ATS want to see the US collapse, but the consequences would be devastating. Selling the Saudis weapons in order to maintain stability is a small price to pay. Imagine waking up tomorrow not being able to pay your phone bill, not being able to access the internet, that's what we would be looking at if we backed away from the Saudis.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: mOjOm

Not new info, try to keep up.

Well, I'm caught up now.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

Obama bowed down and kissed the kings hand.

No he bowed down to kiss his belly.

link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Isn't there something else we could trade??

Why is it always weapons???

We have only ourselves to blame for all the violence everywhere. Well, not just ourselves, but we're a major part of it.

link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: mOjOm

LOL..Oh he bowed alright, but not out of respect for the King! He bowed to more easily attain that shiny gold necklace! HAHA! I wonder if he realizes that he can't keep it, that it's a gift to American People.

that bling is going to go good with all his gold plated # like lion statues and toilet seats

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

a reply to: Gothmog

Obama bowed down and kissed the kings hand.

No he bowed down to kiss his belly.

you sure it was his belly??

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Isn't there something else we could trade??

Why is it always weapons???

We have only ourselves to blame for all the violence everywhere. Well, not just ourselves, but we're a major part of it.

No, there is nothing even close in value to what the Saudis are doing for us, other than weapons. There has always been violence everywhere, it's what the world has been built on. If the US didn't exist, the world would be just as, if not more violent than it is now. China would be rampaging through Asia, Russia through Eastern Europe, the ME would still be at war etc. It would be nice if we didn't have to do it, but we do, or face a complete meltdown.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

What about the Hilton's?

No he earned it by defrauding banks, running con schemes and suckering people into thinking that just because they paid him to put his name on their cheap crap somehow makes it better.

I bet atleast 95% of billionaires didn't take the morally righteous road to it. I would argue that it's probably a prerequisite to reach it, that's how difficult it is. Sounds like you are bitter of his success more than anything.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
In Obama's defence, there was absolutely nothing wrong with bowing and it doesn't make him a coward at all.

But that still doesn't change the fact that Trump didn't.

Just two different types of characters and demeanors.

He didn't bow, the king threw a fiver on the floor just to see if he'd pick it up.

Him and the princes had a bet.

Glad Melania didn't wear a hijab, that'd be worse than bowing. Cultural appropriation.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenEars123

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: BlueAjah

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: seasonal

I guess you didn't see him bow down to receive the medal from the Saudi King?

Geez. He stooped a little so that the king could reach over his head.

a real man would have made that bitch ass king get a stool

Real men don't need medals.

Hang on, so everyone that's earned a Victoria cross or purple heart isn't a real man???

You didn't think that through very well did you? : - |

Did they need a medal in order to find the courage to do what they did?

No. They did what they did because they had the courage in their heart. The medal is secondary to what is in their heart.

They didn't need that medal before they made the choices they made. They were men before the medal became an issue and not one of them asked for it.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

True, petro dollar is very important to the US and to her allies. What happens with the death of the gasoline cars?

Or is it a pipe dream of an idea to have a viable non gas car either by design or by force?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This thread is literally about the physical act of bowing vs hand shaking? Thread title is definitely misleading because he certainly did a lot more the bowing when he sold them all the weapons and helicopters.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
This thread is literally about the physical act of bowing vs hand shaking? Thread title is definitely misleading because he certainly did a lot more the bowing when he sold them all the weapons and helicopters.

It's a distraction of what Trump just did. And putting all the focus on Obama which some people have pointed out did the same "deals".

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

It's a distraction of what Trump just did. And putting all the focus on Obama which some people have pointed out did the same "deals".

That'a insane...I can't believe how "Facebook" ATS has become...it's awful...I can't believe there is no conspiracy theory thread on the largest US arms deal ever. Or is this that thread? Pathetic.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

(start one)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Hilarious.. don't trip over yourselves trying to line up to kiss Trump's butt due to his meeting of a foreign dignitary.

He has about as much foreign diplomacy knowledge and acumen as a poodle. Simply amazing how people ignore his utter lack of knowledge in foreign policy, leaders in political circles or key groups, etc. before the election.. but now, he is a bloody genius!

It's as if you are simply trying to latch onto anything that doesn't make him look like an idiot to try and redeem him.

I will say he has ego.. and it probably does make him react like that in many situations. Problem is that he will always react like that.. no matter who it is. Which is stupid. But it won't stop him, because his ego is massive.

Yes, Trump has no foreign policy ex. Look at what happens when the experienced people are in charge, my God do they do a bang up job.
Nice try, experience does not mean they will or won't do a good job.

Why is the defense of Trump always pointing to how others have screwed up? How does anyone's previous failures or successes have to do with Trump's presidency? Oh yea.. it doesn't. Whenever Trump screws up, oddly the first thing I hear is "Hillary," as if that somehow relieves Trump of the burden of being a dumbass.

He isn't learning to sell jeans in Kmart.. he is the supposed leader of the free world. BIG difference. OJT isn't something you applaud for President of the United States. How about this - tell me why if he was serious about being President when he first considered it in 1988, why didn't he start actually leaning what it would take? He mulled running President several times. I'd bet he has never read the constitution, let alone done even base research into what it would really take to be a GOOD President.

Trump is a living minefield of diplomacy. I said before he took office, I just hoped his administration could keep him out of the most serious trouble due to his ignorant blunders. He certainly has kept them busy! Doesn't seem like he provides them with info before his biggest social outbursts. I seriously feel bad for his staff.

I am trying to think of another person who took office with little experience, has a big ego, expect everyone to simply bow to him.. who... oh yea! Leader of NK. Similarities there.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

He probably bowed his head to make is easier for the King to put that necklace around his neck. Certainly he didn't bow out of respect.

You're right. But our domestically based terrorist MSM network (CNN) intentionally showed a somewhat fuzzy image of that photo on the front page cnn.com most of the morning. To the uniformed, it looks like President Trump is bending over to receive a royal blessing.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

He probably bowed his head to make is easier for the King to put that necklace around his neck. Certainly he didn't bow out of respect.

You're right. But our domestically based terrorist MSM network (CNN) intentionally showed a somewhat fuzzy image of that photo on the front page cnn.com most of the morning. To the uniformed, it looks like President Trump is bending over to receive a royal blessing.

Interesting that you deliberately ignored the part when he "curtsied" to the King.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Interesting that you deliberately ignored the part when he "curtsied" to the King.

You can't tell from that image if the President "curtsied". I'm referring to the photo and nothing but the photo.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join