It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia inks $110 billion arms deal with United States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I am outraged, how about you? A new, huge, $110 billion arms deal is awarded to Saudi Arabia.

Huge Saudi Arms Deal

Behind the atrocities going on in Yemen, and the way woman are treated in general, I am outraged by my US government getting further "into bed" with the largest state sponser of terrorism. We have learned so much in the last year. These two points especially.

1. Saudi Arabia officials, highly placed officials, funded portions of 9/11 ("missing 28 pages").

2. Wikileaks disclosures proved that the US Government knew Saudi Arabia was supporting ISIS, and turned a blind eye with record military deals.

If you haven't yet, let this deal serve as a wakeup call. It is impossible to look the other way any longer.
edit on 20-5-2017 by Jchristopher5 because: Misspelled word

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Jchristopher5

Saudi owns your bollox. No one can f*ck with them. Not even tramp. Wahhabi a'holes.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

If only all those weapons were booby trapped.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I guess Trump forgot that it was Saudis that flew the planes into the world trade center and killed 3000 Americans.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Must be something here i don't understand-just who does Trump think they are gonna use these weapons against? Are they that powerful still? What are we gaining in this deal? Keeping them away from China and Russia? So, our US-weapon manufacturers
are happy? So much I'm missing about this. So weapons for good oil deals?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Its far more than running guns. ( I have a lot of personnel experience in doing that.)
Our nation for the most part is broke, and this creates thousands of jobs for eleven major U.S. companies.

Oil giant Saudi Aramco said it signed 16 accords with 11 companies valued at about $50 billion. One initial deal -- worth $15 billion -- was signed with General Electric Co. across the power, healthcare, oil, gas and mining industries. The U.S. and Saudi Ministry of Defense also negotiated a package totaling about $110 billion, according to a White House transcript on Friday. “I can’t imagine another business day that’s been as good for the United States or for the kingdom,” U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said in the Saudi capital, dismissing concern that controversy engulfing Trump’s administration at home would impact his first overseas trip as president. Honeywell International Inc., Nabros Industries Ltd., Exxon Mobil Corp. and Lockheed Martin were among other U.S. firms to sign accords Saturday after American corporate titans met local business heads in Riyadh. The deals come as the Trump administration is promising to improve relations with Saudi Arabia, the world’s biggest crude exporter, that were strained under President Barack Obama.

www.bloomberg.com...

Buck

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I don't claim to be an expert of US-Saudi relations. Obviously the genesis of this was oil and money. Saudi Arabia has something like 40-50 percent of the known oil reserves. That is obviuolsy why we are in bed with them.

But, the most disturbing thing is that our government knows well whom Saudi Arabia is. They kept the 28 pages hidden for more then a decade. There has been no comment to the Wikileaks finding that HRC and the Obama administration knew that SA was supporting ISIS.

They weren't rebuked. No sanctions. Now a record military deal.

If it wasn't obvious before, it should be now. The US government aids terrorist states, while claiming to battle terrorism. It's all a big fat lie. There is no war on terror.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Its far more than running guns. ( I have a lot of personnel experience in doing that.) Our nation for the most part is broke, and this creates thousands of jobs for eleven major U.S. companies.

And that's worth taking the risk that those arms wind up in the hands of ISIS? And getting members of the American military killed, as well as perhaps American citizens!

edit on 20-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

We can be outraged but there is no one to stop him. He has a republican congress that will approve it. Especially since it means billions for Lockheed, GE, and Raytheon.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Short answer: yes indeed.
Shadow World, give it a watch:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion
Watching it now. I am probably not unfamiliar with much of what I will hear. I have had my "eyes opened" for a couple of years now.

new topics

top topics

join