It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Falcon Lake incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Some of you may have heard about one of Canada's most infamous UFO encounters that took place May 20th 1967.
An amateur geologist named Stefan Michalak was in northern Manitoba inspecting a quartz vein when he was startled by a flock of geese nearby. When he looked up he witnessed 2 cigar shaped crafts .
He sketched one of them for half an hour, that landed nearby after the other flew off.
The door on the landed craft was open and he could hear muffled voices coming from within.

Thinking that what he was witnessing was a secret military craft, he approached the object and offered to assist in any mechanical repairs that may be needed.
But when he approached the door, he couldn't see anyone inside.
He said he seen many panels inside with beams of lights, before the door he was looking through closed in front of him.
When he touched the craft, the finger tips of his gloves melted.
The craft then turned and he seen a grid with a large pattern of holes.
Suddenly a blast came out of the holes and hit him in the torso, catching his shirt and hat on fire.

As he peeled the burning clothing off, the craft rose and took off.

Stefan made his way back home and became really ill along the way.
He was then treated for burns in the hospital.

Take a look at the full article, it goes into more detail.

Full article

His symptoms reminded me of what is described as radiation poisoning. The burn pattern is pretty interesting as well.

His burns

His sketch

And a bonus pic

edit on 20-5-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
your timing is fantastic. I was just reading an article about this on a ufo posting website! This was a fascinating incident. That year 1967 was also the same year of the famous Shag Harbour incident in Canada as well. In some ways this sighting reminds me a lot of the Cash Landrum sighting/incident which was in Texas, as in both cases witnesses became sick shortly after the encounter. Great post.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Thanks Data!
It really is mind boggling as to what happened out there that day.

I wonder if he attempted any hypnotic regression to see if anything else had happened.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Nice that you've brought up one of Canada's best known cases. I've got the official files on this somewhere and the story is not quite as straightforward as it seems at first glance. Michalak actually acted rather oddly at times. Especially with the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police). Investigations carried on through the summer of 1967.

I'll try and dig them out and come back to the thread tomorrow when I've refreshed my memory.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Heck let's do one better, if you can find them, please post them to this thread!
Then we can discuss both sides of the story or at least see what both sides are saying

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Those are interesting burn marks - definitely something like flames coming from a grate. Stealth aircraft used baffles to streamline the airflow to reduce turbulence and noise.

The most recent case I read about was about a train crashing into a UFO back in 2002:

www.ufointernationalproject.com...

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Cool! The more info the better. I love UFO cases!

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

And we love you, night star!

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

OK then. Here is a a link to a pdf containing the RCMP files on the case all in one place (11mb in size) : Link

If you want to browse them individually they are archived on the Canadian Library and Archives site here : Link

Note that you need to scroll right down to the bottom of that page for the links

There is also an interesting pdf by Chris Rutkowski : Link

Also the relevant coverage in the Condon Report (although it is careful to not reveal the witnesses name) : Link

Michalak's behaviour was rather odd in the way he dealt with the police officer immediately after fleeing the UFO telling him he had been irradiated by a spaceship and to keep away from him. Then the forest ranger on duty at the time of the incident did not recall any landing or flight of anything in the forest or the smoke from the burning moss Michalak reported after he threw down his burning shirt.

Michalak also could not locate the site when he went back with official investigators. But when he returned with a friend a while later he was able to find his burnt shirt and a tape measure he'd left behind. Both were found to have traces of radioactivity when tested. (Although Michalak had already removed them from the scene and returned home with them before they were tested).

Whiteshell Nuclear Research Establishment tested Michalak who showed no radiation above normal background. The burns on Michalak's abdomen were diagnosed as thermal in origin.....

It seems rather incredible for Michalak to have tried to hoax a story like this the way it panned out. But it still needs further analysis.

edit on 21/5/17 by mirageman because: edit

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Alright! Thanks a lot mirageman,
Looks like I have some reading to do today.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Been digging around this morning. I read the 54 page report from the RCMP as well as some other stuff.

On June 30th Stefan and a man name Gerald Hart were able to locate the site. Hart was familiar with the area.
Here is a copy and paste of their findings:

They found a ring of debris, thought to have been made when the object lifted off. In addition, they found bits of Michalak's shirt and his tape measure which he had left behind. When they returned to Winnipeg, they informed the RCAF of their findings.

On July 2, RCMP, RCAF and CAPRO investigators accompanied Michalak to the site, gathering samples and taking photographs. The RCMP analyses of the samples showed significantly high radiation readings. On their recommendation, consideration was given to cordoning off the area due to a possible health hazard.

This was noted in an Incident Report from an inspector with the RCMP Crime Laboratory in Ottawa, the result of tests on some samples sent by the RCMP to the Department of National Health and Welfare. They found:

. . . a radiation value of .3 micro curies in the soil sample . . . the radiation is from a radium source and is a possible serious health hazard. [RCMP 1967]
Samples taken from the site by Michalak and Hart were eventually tested by the Radiation Protection Division of the Canadian Department of National Health and Welfare. They examined samples of "soil, burned shirt and steel tape for possible radioactive contamination." The initial gamma analysis showed significant levels of "Ra 226 or its equivalent."

report that the copy and paste was taken from- pg 6:

This case is an odd one. It seems that the RCMP officer was hell bent on finding inconsistencies and choose alcohol consumption to be the main focus.
The bartender whom gave the report also admitted that he may be wrong in the identification of Stefan. Due to it being a busy night in the hotel bar. According to him Stefan had 3 beers the night before the incident, left the bar for a couple hours, returned to have another beer before bed. Even though he denied drinking at the bar, the rcmp officer pushed the fact that mr michalak was indeed experiencing hallucinations the next day due to the supposed 5 beers that may or may not of been drank the day previous.

Well, I know Canadians love to drink, but jeez, what would have been in those 5 beers to cause hallucinations? Antifreeze? Lol

edit on 21-5-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I haven't had the time this weekend to do any more than point people to where the information is. That and mention a few things from memory. I suspect a lot of people are probably interested in this case but also don't have the hours to look into the fine detail.

Yeh the reliability of the bartender's testimony is somewhat flaky and Michalak claimed to have not been drinking. Even if he had would 5 bottles of beer the night before trigger hallucinations the next day? His injuries are a bit of a mystery and also his behaviour with the authorities was a little puzzling too. If I get time next week I'll come back to the thread. But until then let's hope it doesn't die away completely.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Interesting case. Finding the radiation on the ground where the UFO landed is an indication that it was there in my opinion. And yeah, 5 beers don't make you hallucinate. LOL

Some people will do anything in their power to cover up an intriguing UFO case.

top topics

join