It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light beam over Georgia car crash could be Stairway to Heaven

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
A horrible car crash claimed the lives of a young mother, her infant daughter and best friend. A passerby snapped this photo of the accident scene which shows a beam of light. She didn't notice the beam of light until later after she took the shot.

Georgia Crash beam of light, a Stairway to Heaven?

The long beam of light reaches down from the top of the photo directly into the wreck site. It looks similar to a crepuscular ray, which sometimes occur as beams of sunlight shine through holes in cloud cover.

But a meteorologist for the Weather Channel doesn't think it is a crepuscular ray because if you notice in the background, it appears to be clear conditions in the sky.

Also, note the clearly visible orb inside the beam and possibly another orb.

An amazing photo nonetheless. Could it really be a Stairway to Heaven?

“I don’t believe in coincidences, especially the two ‘lights’ inside that bigger light,” she told Today. “It brought the families peace, whether it’s a glare or not. It’s indescribable, basically, and it does look like them leaving.”

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Or, it could be a reflection in a car windshield.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

It's taken from inside a car.

She didn't see it until she saw the photo later on.

It's a reflection inside the car.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

It doesn't say anywhere in there that she was inside the car when she took photo. I see no other signs of the photo being taken from behind a window either.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
would've been believable had the photographer took off the flash

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I see no evidence of god either..

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I think it is caused by the cell phone camera. I take alot of photos with my Samsung Galaxy 7 in the parks and out in nature. Several times after I snap the photo and look at it afterwards, I see shafts of light coming down that weren't visible when I was looking through the viewer.

I would like to believe it was otherworldly and a sign for those poor relatives of these people, but I don't think it was. Anyone else notice this with their Samsung 7?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
a reply to: Chadwickus

It doesn't say anywhere in there that she was inside the car when she took photo. I see no other signs of the photo being taken from behind a window either.

If you asked a photographic analyst for evidence that she was inside a car, he would probably point to the reflection.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
There are lots of these light beam stories online. AFter reading a few, it seems the common consensus is iphone artifact problem. These light beams are allegedly not seen until the photographer views the pictures making it seem more likely to be a camera phone problem, even more so when many of these beams of light are also accompanied by lightening and the camera can't keep up with the flash & brightness.
Mayan Light Beam
Rolling Shutter Explanation

I don't know enough about cameras and camera phones to say whether or not rolling shutter is a valid explanation or not but I'm sure someone here will advise

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I thought heaven was above....that looks like it is northeast.
Is that the scenic route??

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Or, it could be a reflection in a car windshield.

The light coming through the tree over the car the picture was taken from created that effect on the windshield, the orb is a helium balloon some kid lost.

Yeah, I could see it.

It seems that that is taken by fire trucks, possibly there are particulates in the air and there could be a cloud overhead with a hole in it and the rays coming through right there are illuminating the haze.

Could be a lot of reasons for this picture.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I like your response best Rickymouse, because you admit their could be lots of causes, rather than coming in with your explanation and acting as if you are dead certain, when in actuality... no one can be certain what it is.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Will this never stop? Guardian Angel photos on planes and now this? People are so desperate to prove a deity-or some hope of a special God who protects them-just sad to see people duped by a camera.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I like your response best Rickymouse, because you admit their could be lots of causes, rather than coming in with your explanation and acting as if you are dead certain, when in actuality... no one can be certain what it is.

I'm with you, it's probably God shining down his stairway so the souls of the departed can have a way to climb into the promised land.

I wonder why he doesn't do this for more tragedies?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Did anyone else see this light beam?

Any of the half a dozen or so rescue crew there looking directly at the wrecked car?

Also, what's this?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Lens flare or a reflection off the inside of the window in my opinion. Occam's razor.

I wouldn't be surprised if the person who took the picture knows what it is and is simply using the photo as a way to gain attention. In today's world where people post on social media simply for attention I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Clear conditions in the distance. The photo does not show the sky overhead. And the orb is the sun low in the sky behind the trees.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

I see no evidence of god either..

Lmfao you're a troll bro. Come on.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Will this never stop? Guardian Angel photos on planes and now this? People are so desperate to prove a deity-or some hope of a special God who protects them-just sad to see people duped by a camera.

Is Desperate to prove as bad or annoying as those desperate to disprove, like you?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm with you, it's probably God shining down his stairway so the souls of the departed can have a way to climb into the promised land.

I wonder why he doesn't do this for more tragedies?

I wonder where he was ten minutes before the accident?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join