It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog arrested and sentenced to death for biting a child

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Yeah you read that right.

Link

Dog on death row..

A dog has been sentenced to death in Pakistan's Punjab province for biting a child.

The sentence was given by Assistant Commissioner Raja Saleem in Bhakkar's Klor vicinity in Punjab province, Geo TV reported. The dog was even imprisoned for a week for injuring the child.

No commissioner Saleem, you should

Assistant Commissioner Saleem's argument was that, "The dog injured the child, hence, it should be killed."
An official was also instructed to check the dog's registration.

I still can't believe this is real

The owner of the dog, Jamil, has filed an appeal with the Additional Deputy Commissioner.

"The affected child's family registered a case against my dog, following which it completed a one-week prison sentence. Any further punishment for it would be unfair," he said.

Bad pigeon!

This is not the first of time an animal has been arrested. In 2015, officials in India arrested a pigeon they suspected was a spy.

The bird's body was stamped with a message written partly in Urdu and what appeared to be a phone number. It had landed in a village close to the country's shared border with Pakistan, near the Kashmir region.

The officials took the bird to a veterinary hospital to conduct an X-ray examination to find any evidence of foreign foul play. They kept the bird in custody, recording it as a "suspected spy" in their police diary.

I mean it's Pakistan, so I'm not surprised, but really?? I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope they release this poor dog from prison.

#Freethedog

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Dont you think the owner of the dog who trained it should be held responsible?

Poor pup

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Makes ya wonder if they arrest mosquitoes also?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Hmm, what is so shocking..my little brother had a German Sheppard bite him in the face unprovoked, required some surgery, came close to losing his eye.
Had the owner not had the dog put down my dad would of shot it.
I would be curious to know how bad the child was bitten..if it was a nip than the penalty is probably undeserved..if its bad then why not?
I guess the arrest is different..here the dog is confiscated and put in the pound..pretty much the same deal.
edit on 20-5-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

In the West, if you have a dog that bites someone more than 3 times, it's automatically put to sleep by the City Vet. This story is being over sensationalized.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I have put down dogs for biting Atpeople. I have put down dogs for killing the neighbors chickens. I have shot dozens of coy dogs and coyotes. If i saw a dog bite near a child i would insist it be taken to the nearest facility and put down. It may not be the dog's fault, but if he does it again, it is def the fault of whomever showed it mercy. The world is not a shiny happy place, where everything works out in the end and you can just chill out and enjoy the ride. You have to be proactive about threats or else they overwhelm you. but getting rid of dangerous things makes it a little better right?

What would you prescribe for a human who has hurt children?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

It's ok.

All dogs go to heaven.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

So when a dog bites at a child who has been pulling it's ears, grabbing it's tail, and otherwise doing things a parent should be teaching them not to, but you don't know this, do you still get all trigger happy?

If it's a savage dog, I tend to agree. But in general that is either due to mistreatment or survival instinct.

What about humans who set dogs on fire, beat them with bats, cut their ears off, etc, just for their sick joyllies.. can we shoot them too?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: RisenMessiah

And don't forget that an estimated 6.5 million pets/companion animals are sent to animal shelters to be put down every year in the US (HERE). And that includes more than 3 million dogs.

We also shoot different types of wild animals if they've attacked humans or are suspected of having attacked humans. And that doesn't count the various other animals we can legally shoot with hunting licenses. The selective outrage about this is laughable.
edit on 20-5-2017 by enlightenedservant because: lol "estimated" sounds better than "approximated"

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

That is commonplace right here in the USA. If a dog bites someone, the dog is seized and kenneled while an investigation is done. If the owner is found guilty of anything, that's a separate charge, but the owner is fined and has to appear before the judge to get the dog back. But if the dog attacked unprovoked or has a bite history, the judge can order the dog to be destroyed.

Everybody here knows, if you care about your dog, keep it on a leash or behind a fence. Even if someone walks up to your animal, you are responsible for keeping the animal in check. If your dog is a biter, muzzle it when its outside around other people. Be smart.

Most people just let the ACO kill the dog. The reason for that is, once your dog has been seized and returned, you are required to carry insurance on the animal, register the animal with the state, and for the rest of its life, any time it is outside the home...even in its own yard...it must be muzzled and leashed. One violation and the dog is gone.

Like it or not, a dog bite can be fatal, especially when it's a kid. If I personally had a dog that I knew was a biter, that dog would never be around children. But there are a lot of stupid dog owners out there who set their animal up for failure by putting it in a situation that is overwhelming. And the dog pays for their stupidity with its life. This happens every day in this city. Once in a while, one will make the news. It's sad.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Your post described the issue in far better detail than mine did.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Yes, the rate of animals both Canines and Felines being put down on a weekly basis is significant. People over breed, and then let their pets run wild to fend for themselves. I agree with the outrage over this being laughable, people anger easily but seldom offer a viable solution.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Here in the west they just take and exterminate your dog if it bites. No arrest or trial.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
a reply to: Woodcarver

So when a dog bites at a child who has been pulling it's ears, grabbing it's tail, and otherwise doing things a parent should be teaching them not to, but you don't know this, do you still get all trigger happy?
i don't shoot dogs. I have them put down. It is actually the law here. Shooting dogs is animal abuse unless they are wild or coy dogs where i live. And yes, even if the dog is being provoked. If it bites a person, it gets put down.

If it's a savage dog, I tend to agree. But in general that is either due to mistreatment or survival instinct.

What about humans who set dogs on fire, beat them with bats, cut their ears off, etc, just for their sick joyllies.. can we shoot them too?
nope. You can't. That is murder. You take them to the authorities just like you would a dog that is dangerous.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Not always the case, the dog that mauled my brother was a pet of one of his friends, was familiar with him and not mistreated or teased, no apparent reason for the attack.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

In Western Australia dogs that are of certain breeds that attack and maim humans get a death sentence and the owner can be potentially liable for Manslaughter. Whats the big deal?

#Freethedog

#HumansMatter

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

You are right. We kill anywhere from 50- 500 dogs a month on average here. And people keep letting their dogs have more puppies, like it's no big thing. Backyard breeders making money hand over fist, and 90% of those cute puppies are in the shelter lined up like cattle outside the kill room before they even reach six months of age. Entire litters of puppies are aborted and left in the amniotic sac to suffocate. Full term puppies, OK?

We slaughter animals seven days a week in San Antonio, but you'll never hear about it because it's the dirty little secret that everybody knows, but pretends is myth so they can sleep soundly at night. We kill them on Christmas, Easter...we even kill them every year on Just One Day day. Just one day for every shelter across the country to stand down the kill room. San Antonio kills dogs on that day just to spite the rescue effort. We've tried everything to get help for this city because the corruption is so impenetrable in that particular city office. I've contacted the White House personally, several times. I stopped when they started killing dogs who were supposed to be on a stray hold, just to make a point. This is absolutely factual information. Despicable.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
There are groups and factions of society that are hell bent on equating humans with animals which is a complete farce. Humans have been domesticating animals beyond the millennias.

Get the F# over it.

Go ahead and compare yourself with every freaking microbe on Earth, but WE as humans are the top of the food chain on land.....On land mind you.

Again.... GET THE F# OVER IT.

Some people are not responsible enough to handle animals and to train them properly with care and compassion.

WE GET IT ALREADY.

STOP MAKING IT SEEM LIKE HUMANS ARE INEPT AND EVERYTHING SHOULD SIMPLY ROAM FREE TO EXPLORE ITS OWN WILL...

PIE IN THE SKY WILL ALWAYS SPIT IN YOUR EYE.

edit on E31America/ChicagoSat, 20 May 2017 02:12:27 -05005amSaturdayth02am by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

We slaughter animals seven days a week in San Antonio, but you'll never hear about it because it's the dirty little secret that everybody knows

Where does all that meat go ?, with all the talk of a failing food supply ,after reading your post I will have to ignore the possibility that meat ends up in the food supply.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Yes. Of course. It's sad and unfair, but if a dog has turned from abuse, it needs to be put down.

If your dog isn't well trained enough to handle a little boisterous interaction without mauling a child's face off, it also needs to be put down. You should be preparing your dog to be able to handle that scenario.

The blame is always going to the owner if their dog bites someone. Even if that someone 'pulls it's ears'.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join