It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statue of Confederate General R.E.Lee Removed.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks for the typo fix (I'm typically bad with that), and yes I figured you would be one of the few to know the name.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
From what I understand, the workers were very well taken care of. Not slaves by any stretch of the definition.

They were.

The irony of complaining that history is being destroyed while inventing anecdotes about said history is delicious.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ketsuko
They are the single largest monuments to slave labor on the planet.

Stop making things up, the pyramids were built by a dedicated paid workforce of Egyptians.

Those are big stones. I think the work was contracted out to a super race of star men.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
Thanks for the typo fix (I'm typically bad with that), and yes I figured you would be one of the few to know the name.

No worries. He's an interesting fellow, his views on Davis' actions were highly critical and show what a poor President the man was.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Those are big stones. I think the work was contracted out to a super race of star men.

Duh.

They obviously needed somewhere to store their space grain and recharge their antigravity batteries.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89

No worries. He's an interesting fellow, his views on Davis' actions were highly critical and show what a poor President the man was.

He also bought the wife of his slave from a neighbor so they could live together and later paid for their son to go to law school. Quite an interesting fellow.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

The irony of complaining that history is being destroyed while inventing anecdotes about said history is delicious.

Indeed.

Perhaps more people need to be more interested in learning about history, instead of knee-jerking over these symbols of history.

The history will always be there, statue or not.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The other thing that I find ironic is many of the same people bitch about participation trophies. These statues are the biggest participation trophies of all time.

I'm in sales, we give out prizes for having the most sales. The guy that comes in first gets a Cadillac Eldorado. The guy that comes in second, or as we call it, first loser, gets something else...

You will not forget history once the Robert E. Lee participation trophy steak knife statue is moved elsewhere. Trust me, I'm a Mason.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Kali74

Where were the monuments to slave rebellions, to the slaves that died fighting for their freedom? What about black southern history and culture?

Right! Lets remove and bury statues of white Southern heros and erect monuments to black Southern heros!

Only problem with that is.........whites are still the majority population in the South, southern black history is irrelevant to the white population. But that doesnt matter. Because this isnt about history at all............its about subjugation. And with that comes oppression.

Is it really?? or only made to seem like it is, and heroes white and southern ,John Brown and sons, Newton Knight?? and others like southern whites who helped run and maintained the underground rail road.they were rebels and what did ppl like them did???.. they went against convention, they saw a wrong they took arms to correct it, Newton Knight was even in Gray uniform for awhile, that to me is Southern pride and heritage worth celebrating in public places, as they tried to live up to the creed that all men are created equal and took up arms to defend that premise , some paid with their lives.
edit on 20-5-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

That's a sweet set of knives.

It's good to be the first loser.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Third place is 'you're fired'.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Third place is 'you're fired'.

I'm not surprised. You masons are big meanies.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Attempting to erase history.......so sad to see this.....

Whats the difference between this and what ISIS is doing? Trying to get rid of things that make people uncomfortable......

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat that.........remember that when you try to wipe it clean......
Oh pshaw...those statues are not meant as admonitions against rebellion, they are meant to glorify the confederacy..."the South Shall Rise Again" and all that. Here's your message to the future, also in NOLA: the Tomb of the Unknown Slave. Bit of a different vibe, I'd say!

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I demand the nations railroads be removed immediately!, because to me it represents the enslavement and abuse of migrant European and Asian workers.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
I demand enslavement and abuse .

I had to remove some words from your post that I found offensive.

Now anyone can go look to your original post if they want to see it before I found offensive.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Stay on Topic!!!!

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--
Please do no derail the thread with off topic remarks.....You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Railroads are functioning necessities - they aren't monuments.

Now, if you want a monument dedicated to all the migrants who built them - I'm all for that.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I said it first on ATS.
trademark and copyright.
1:24pm on May 20, 2017.

Social War.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
They should have left all the confederate monuments standing and painted them red to remind people that the South was built with the blood and sweat of slaves.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join