It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statue of Confederate General R.E.Lee Removed.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hundreds of thousands of Americans died under that man's command, and they tear down his memorial. This is no different than grave desecration as far as i'm concerned.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Nothing even remotely racist. You know several of the event organizers are black. Hard to call the flag racist when a person of color waves it. People focused on race relations are the ones doing all the damage to it. At the end of the day there is no good reason to remove a historical monument. Those statues had been there for well over 100 years and only just now some limp wristed git gets offended? Ohh bloody well, guess what in the real world things offend people, but guess what we don't go around tearing things down just to save "feelings". Why because we are thick enough skinned to not have to get our panties in a wad over every little thing.

Dio Vindice!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

The union did and does represent UNIVERSAL FREEDOM, whereas the confederates represented RESTRICTED FREEDOM to only caucasian males. Not only that, the ideology of thee confederacy, and still the ideology of many southern states today is the the individual is more important than the whole... which is a thought process that destroys the idea of a unified country.

If that were true northern states would have welcomed black people with open arms, but instead northern states were oppressive to black people the same, if not more than the southern states. Many northern states had laws against black people finding jobs, housing, and if they were runaways they would ship them back. Northern states also participated in the shipment and sale of slaves as well.
edit on 5/22/2017 by AnonymousMoose because: derp

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Erase history again and repeat it all over again.Some People never learn.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: User1138
Hundreds of thousands of Americans died under that man's command, and they tear down his memorial. This is no different than grave desecration as far as i'm concerned.

The American Taliban in Memphis want to do just that.

www.theamericanmirror.com...

A group of anti-Confederate protesters aren’t happy enough with the declaration by the city of Memphis that it wants to dig up and move the remains of Confederate general Nathan Bedford Forrest.

They want it done now.

A group surrounded a shovel Wednesday and ceremoniously removed a chunk of grass and soil.

“We are going to bring the back hoe, the tractors and the men with the equipment to raise Bedford Forrest from the soil of Memphis,” Isaac Richmond said.
edit on 22-5-2017 by The3murph because: Stupid is as stupid does.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I think it is time to take down the Statue of Liberty. It has fulfilled it's purpose. It has given this nation it's poor and tired, and now the nation is poor and tired. Anything can be justified.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: strongfp

The bible also supports slavery. Can we do away with it as well?

I already did..although it got some interesting mythology and book mark-able quotes.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Let put it this way, in their special little world, taking down a statue is going to help somebody somewhere feel better about history. Fine I say remove the statues of MLK also.

Dio Vindice!

Maybe it will maybe it won't comparing MLK statue to the Robert E Lee's statue is apples and oranges, even though Lee explicitly told people not to do stuff like what "they" not him did on one of the statues. he in fact said this.

He also ordered the confederate flag to be put away, but "they" bought it back out when the efforts to end Jim crow started to spike..look, don't destroy the statues themselves but put it in a museum with historical context.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: The3murph
Those statues were not hidden. The comparison to the nazis is a non-starter and only used by the historically ignorant. The South was right.

So it's okay to honor rebels that killed tons of Americans to preserve their racist way of life. Whatever you say.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

And how many people did THEY kill under his command. I mean, #, while we're at it lets build a memorial to Hussain and other American enemies of the past. Tons died under Hussain's command or Hitler's command lol.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It is a missed opportunity by the education system in that area, there is a very good reason German children are taken to the death camps, having something tangible to touch and look at might actually drive the point the educator is trying to make home... rather than keep them in their overcrowded classrooms demanding they memorize dates that have no real meaning attached to them.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Those statues were not hidden. The comparison to the nazis is a non-starter and only used by the historically ignorant. The South was right.

So it's okay to honor rebels that killed tons of Americans to preserve their racist way of life. Whatever you say.

One could say the exact same thing about the "Rebels of 1776".

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

And how many people did THEY kill under his command.
I mean, #, while we're at it lets build a memorial to Hussain and other American enemies of the past. Tons died under Hussain's command or Hitler's command lol.

1. NOT NEARLY ENOUGH.

2, Those people were not Americans.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
It is a missed opportunity by the education system in that area, there is a very good reason German children are taken to the death camps, having something tangible to touch and look at might actually drive the point the educator is trying to make home... rather than keep them in their overcrowded classrooms demanding they memorize dates that have no real meaning attached to them.

Your comparison to the nazis is a non starter. Please point out the death camps the Confederate States of America set up for non white people. I am pretty fluent on this subject and just must have missed those.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: sycomix
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Let put it this way, in their special little world, taking down a statue is going to help somebody somewhere feel better about history. Fine I say remove the statues of MLK also.

Dio Vindice!

Maybe it will maybe it won't comparing MLK statue to the Robert E Lee's statue is apples and oranges, even though Lee explicitly told people not to do stuff like what "they" not him did on one of the statues. he in fact said this.

He also ordered the confederate flag to be put away, but "they" bought it back out when the efforts to end Jim crow started to spike..look, don't destroy the statues themselves but put it in a museum with historical context.

General Lee said and did what was necessary to keep the fighting from breaking out again. In his view we had fought them hard and fought them well and God denied us the victory. God did give us a GLORIOUS heritage to pass down to posterity.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

They seem to be judging these men on today's political correctness, which is not right, because back in those days all they thought and did was politically and socially correct. So...what?...erasing history?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

They seem to be judging these men on today's political correctness, which is not right, because back in those days all they thought and did was politically and socially correct. So...what?...erasing history?

Correct! One ought not to judge people of the past by the standard of today. Or else you have to change the 5 dollar bill too.

There is a natural disgust in the minds of nearly all white people to the idea of indiscriminate amalgamation of the white and black races ... A separation of the races is the only perfect preventive of amalgamation, but as an immediate separation is impossible, the next best thing is to keep them apart where they are not already together. If white and black people never get together in Kansas, they will never mix blood in Kansas ..
Abraham Lincoln

I have no purpose to introduce political and social equality between the white and black races. There is physical difference between the two which, in my judgment, will probably forever forbid their living together upon the footing of perfect equality, and inasmuch as it becomes a necessity that there must be a difference, I, as well as Judge Douglas, am in favor of the race to which I belong having the superior position.
Abraham Lincoln

Our republican system was meant for a homogeneous people. As long as blacks continue to live with the whites they constitute a threat to the national life. Family life may also collapse and the increase of mixed breed bastards may some day challenge the supremacy of the white man.
Abraham Lincoln

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: The3murph

Way to focus on a word and miss the point...

A tangible thing can help drive the point of a lesson home..

Talking to my nieces though I guess a field trip is a thing of the past as well.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

1. NOT NEARLY ENOUGH.

2, Those people were not Americans.

The second the confederacy tried to break off and decided to go to war with the PRESIDENT of the US over slavery, they were no longer Americans, and why does that make a difference? Bad actions are bad, I don't care what land mass you were born on. Slavery is wrong. The revolutionary war was not about slavery. It was about England imposing unfair tariffs and not giving the colonists representation in the government.

And to act like African American slaves weren't mistreated or executed for disobedience is straight up laughable. Yeah they didn't have mass executions and death camps, because that doesn't make sense when slaves are part of the economy and made their lives easier. They aren't just going to kill them all, they kept them in fear for their lives so they wouldn't try to escape.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

The Globalist cultural cleansing of the South.

Wasn't there a statue of Cecil Rhodes taken down in the UK -- not that long ago?

Was it in Oxford?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join