It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review....Alien: Covenant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I think I've seen most of R. Scotts movies and this one started out with an intriguing concept, good characterization, fantastic cgi, that drug you into the Ridley world with great expectations. But alas the space opera cued up with lots of groovy profanity and hip reparte. Perfect for leading up to the dripping goo toothy familiar aliens we have grown to love. Throw in a cute little plot twist and a little to obvious suspenseful horror moments and you got yourself a 2 hr squeal.

It wasn't really a bad movie and I thought it was worth the time spent for the beautiful cinematography, cgi, high tech film making.

Needs the big screen to get the full effect that Ridley created.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
So was this remotely close to being a sequel of Prometheus?

Please say yes, please say yes...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Close

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Vector99

Close

Teasers are not allowed on ATS. That is a rule I just made up.

Will I be disappointed if I go see this in the theater? Keep in mind the last time I "went to the movies" Bush was still president.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Will I be disappointed if I go see this in the theater? Keep in mind the last time I "went to the movies" Bush was still president.

Which one?? Please say senior...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I just saw the movie, and I think it was a little above average. The beginning was quite strong, however, there were too many cast members and most of them were meant for dying rather than character development. The (second) captain could have developed into a strong character in the second half of the movie if he overcame his faults instead of dying.

It had some good twists, even so, the second half of the movie was a bit predictable and the aliens weren't as strong this time around. Some of the characters had pretty good characterization even if most of them didn't.
edit on 19pmFri, 19 May 2017 23:43:17 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charlyboy

Which one?? Please say senior...

Star Wars episode 3.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Prometheus sequel? Yes and no. I found AC severely lacking despite its gorgeous cinematography. Prometheus was all about big questions and expanding the Alien universe and mythology. AC is very obviously fan service to those who disliked Prometheus and just wanted to re-experience the familiar elements of Alien(s).

For me Prometheus was right up there with the first two movies Alien and Aliens. Yes it had annoyingly stupid scientists but to me that pales in comparison to the amazing and intriguing world building. AC on the other hand I would rank lower than Alien Resurrection and the first AVP. The only films of the franchise I like less are Alien3 and AVP Requiem.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Straight sequel to Prometheus with many questions answered about the conniving David.

I'm sure most of the plot went over peoples head.

Like how David used Shaw's eggs to create the facehugger.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Saw it. If Prometheus was an "A" movie, this was a "B". Still worth seeing for guys, not a date movie though.

I guess there will be one more prequel set on LB 427 before the orig Alien film

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: wutang717

Read a lot of reviews before I posted,

Basically this film to me was a plot filler of sorts leading to the 3rd story of the Trilogy,

Sir Ridley has certainly spun his magic wand and cast his spell off allurement for PROMETHEUS and Ancient Aliens Fans Alike.

You seriously have to see Prometheus Blu-ray edition to dot the dots,

Ridley in his way has certainly proved he is a Genius when making his films
I'm hooked line and sinker as they say,

I think a lot of the critics reviews is underserved as like me he (Sir Ridley) Plays the long game and set up The Aliens/Engineers/ Space jockey, Story for Ancient Alien fans to dissect and decipher for them selves and indeed has infused the Newest generation of are species (Human) with enough spirit to reboot the whole Ancient Alien Theory.

This is my own opinion.

Concept picture from artist, oil painter, teacher, Wayne Haag< Sydney Australia. artstation.com.

Fox

edit on 29 5 2017 by foxhound2459 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29 5 2017 by foxhound2459 because: Topsecret

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I think I've seen most of R. Scotts movies and this one started out with an intriguing concept, good characterization, fantastic cgi, that drug you into the Ridley world with great expectations

Seriously ?

After 30 years of corporations are evil. Bad robot, and everyone dying.

What's left to be expected?

Same story told over and over again. Different actors. Different FX.

new topics

top topics

join