It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minnesota (public) High School yearbook: Behead Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Oh from the mouth of babes.
With the unveiled threats on Trumps life, it is amazing the public high school has not made a bigger deal out of this. And who didn't inspect the year book and let it get into the students hands? They are letting personal political feelings get in the way of being adults.

I have some bad news for the kids at Brainerd High School in Minnesota – your 2017 yearbook is not so much a celebration of you as it is an anti-Trump propaganda book.
The 2017 edition of the yearbook included a section titled, “Trump 2k17-2k20? How do you feel about him?” And let’s just say I’m surprised the Secret Service hasn’t paid a courtesy call to the campus.

“I would like to behead him,” one student declared. “I do not like him.

“I feel like Donald is very racist and sexist and doesn’t care to give people a chance before knowing them,” another student lamented.

www.foxnews.com...

The school district has no idea how the page got published. Same BS, it was a decision made by a leftist that abused their power and let this stuff slide. And now the school is circling the wagons and they are hiding behind their faceless bureaucracy.
Imagine if this were the former pres.

“The district does not support or otherwise endorse any disrespectful or politically based statements that are in the yearbook and apologizes for the statements that were included,” the statement reads.

The district went on to express its deep regrets and said they are investigating how the page came to be published in the yearbook.

edit on 19-5-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So now students can't say what they want about politics???

I get confused now when people like free speech and don't like it.

That goes for both sides. The left supports it when they agree and the Right supports it when they agree, but neither of them support it when they disagree. Can't really get behind either side when that is their attitude about it. At some point we're either going to have to be ok with people saying stuff we don't like or we'll have to just kill everyone. I suggest the first one.

That doesn't mean everyone has to be a dick about or anything. There is a time and a place for pissing people off with your speech I think. I don't see why a YB is thought to be some sacred thing that you can't ask students honest opinions though. What's the harm there???

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I don't see any problem with this.

Really, we should not stifle free speech.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Probably might want to edit out the death threats as I think that may be illegal. But other than that I totally agree.

I mean if that is the question being asked are they not supposed to answer honestly??

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Sort of applies

www.avvo.com...
Penal Code 422, criminal threats, is a "wobbler" that can be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony. As a felony, is carries up to three years in state prison, and a misdemeanor has a maximum of a year. A felony 422 conviction is also a "strike" under the Three Strikes law, which can increase the punishment for any future conviction.

However, since he is seventeen, his case would most likely be handled in juvenile court. The juvenile courts focus on rehabilitation, not punishment, and he would probably receive counseling and supervision. There is a possibility he could be sent to a group home.

To convict someone of Penal Code 422, the prosecution must show the defendant:

1. Made a statement, intended as a threat;
2. To kill or seriously injure the victim or a member of their immediate family;
3. Causing the victim to fear for his or her safety.

These are (supposedly minors) minors who are making these threats. No one proof read this year book. BS, someone let this happen.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

The death threat is the thing that should be edited.
But somehow it got through the various levels of editing that any adult would say hold it we got to edit this.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I haven't got any problem with the question or the answers...I am just curious as to why the one kid said s/he'd like to behead him. It's Minnesota and s/he's in high school. I am curious as to where such a strong & violent feeling is coming from.

If any statement was worth a follow up question..that one was!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

The death threat is the thing that should be edited.
But somehow it got through the various levels of editing that any adult would say hold it we got to edit this.

That should be dealt with for sure. You're school shouldn't be allowing it's students to commit felonies that's for sure. Someone is going to be in lots of trouble. Maybe many people.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Is wanting someone dead, an actual death threat?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

What is significant there, as you mention, is that this is from Minnesota. That's pretty harsh coming from Minnesota isn't it??? I mean aren't they like a big red state and stuff??? Isn't that part of Trumps base???

The fact that she said cutting of his head doesn't mean anything really. That seems pretty common now a days I think. I mean we keep hearing about ISIS lopping off heads in the news and stuff. Not to mention "Off with the Heads" is a well known phrase. I imagine the student said that specifically because of the reference to ISIS for those smart enough to pick it up.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
One school refuses to publish their yearbook because a kid has a comment that says "Build the Wall" but this one allows them to say "Behead Trump."

Nah, there's no bias at work.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Minnesota is not a big red state. If they were, they wouldn't have a Democrat governor, Al Franken and Amy Klobuchar as Senators and the state went to Hillary, but please continue to entertain your belief.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

That's where it gets tricky. I guess it's in how they say it. "I wish someone dead." and "I'm gonna kill that person" aren't the same thing so it's hard to say.

People say stuff like that all the time. When it's the POTUS I suppose that is why they investigate it, to find out how serious the person meant what they said.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Minnesota is not a big red state. If they were, they wouldn't have a Democrat governor, Al Franken and Amy Klobuchar as Senators and the state went to Hillary, but please continue to entertain your belief.

I was asking, I wasn't saying. I don't know what side of the fence Minnesota is on. But thanks for clearing that up.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

One school refuses to publish their yearbook because a kid has a comment that says "Build the Wall" but this one allows them to say "Behead Trump."

You're right that is total BS.

Did that really happen???

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Minnesota High School board of Directors and all the parents that paid school fees for 10+ years should be really proud of the legacy this class has left, a true testament to how far education has de-evolved in less than 20 years.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

You're right that is total BS.

Did that really happen???

Yep.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I would expect this from students-in 1987 the seniors at my High School almost got AC/DC have a drink on me as their class song.

Kids/young adults are stupid. The staff are supposed to be at least smarter than the students. In this case they were not.
edit on 19-5-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Funny that, and yet this gets suspension

edition.cnn.com...

Ten-year-old Nathan Entingh doesn't understand why he got suspended from school for three days. According to his father, Paul Entingh, one moment the boy was "goofing off" with his friends in fifth-grade science class, and the next the teacher was taking him out of the classroom, invoking Ohio's zero-tolerance policy. The offense? Nathan was "making his fingers look like a gun, having the thumb up and the pointed finger sticking out," said Entingh, describing the February 26 incident.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

“I would like to behead him,” one student declared. “I do not like him.

Sedition
noun
conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join