It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News fires Bob Beckel over alleged 'insensitive' remark to African-American staffer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Another one bites the dust at FoxNews !

The latest casualty is the Democrat voice Bob Beckel.

He apparently made a snide racially motivated remark to another Fox employee.

The stories do not reveal the "victim".

He has done this before.

Fox News fires Bob Beckel over alleged 'insensitive' remark to African-American staffer

Fox News fired former Democratic strategist Bob Beckel Friday for allegedly making an inappropriate remark to an African-American employee, The Hill has confirmed.

"HR was informed of the incident on Tuesday evening and did a thorough investigation within 48 hours," a source familar with the matter tells The Hill. "The network came to a decision that Bob needed to be terminated early this morning."

Beckel was co-host of “The Five," a roundtable opinion program that recently moved from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. amid the scheduling shake-up following host Bill O'Reilly's firing over sexual harassment allegations.

It's not clear what the alleged remark was, but Fox said in a statement to Variety that Beckel's words were "insensitive."

another "source" ....
Twitchy

edit on May-19-2017 by xuenchen because: itchie

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Just have to get Shep Smith to yell something anti semitic on air now

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PepeTalk
Just have to get Shep Smith to yell something anti semitic on air now

Any minute now.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

another "source" ....

But he *was* fired. That is a fact. For allegedly making insensitive (racist) comments.

That is a fact, so the "source" is irrelevant, because...him being fired By Fox HR is....fact.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

It's not clear what the alleged remark was, but Fox said in a statement to Variety that Beckel's words were "insensitive."

Insensitive?

I didn't realize that being sensitive was a requirement of being a human. Hell, I am never sensitive...I just tell the damn truth and let the chips fall where they may.

edit on 2017/5/19 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

another "source" ....

But he *was* fired. That is a fact. For allegedly making insensitive (racist) comments.

That is a fact, so the "source" is irrelevant, because...him being fired By Fox HR is....fact.

Relax.

I am not disputing anything.

You are jumping the gun.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

another "source" ....

Relax.

I am not disputing anything.

You are jumping the gun.

Then why are you so concerned with the "source"?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Best news today!!

He is AWFUL!!
The other day he called the president of our country a "baffoon" on live TV. I thought the others at the table were going to fall off of their chairs.
... Actually, that might have been on Tuesday. It made me so upset I searched for a way to contact Fox News to put in my opinion that he needed to go. Maybe I was not the only one.

edit on 5/19/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

He is AWFUL!!
The other day he called the president of our country a "baffoon" on live TV

Definite cause for firing. I mean, he didn't toe the agenda, and all, so....

*eye roll*

ETA:

It made me so upset I searched for a way to contact Fox News to put in my opinion that he needed to go. Maybe I was not the only one.

Because on a station you agree with someone said something that was against the narrative and your belief, so it's a reason to complain like an intolerant snowflake so your echo chamber remains intact? LOL. I hope you're being sarcastic.

Oh boy.
edit on 19-5-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Best news today!!

He is AWFUL!!
The other day he called the president of our country a "baffoon" on live TV. I thought the others at the table were going to fall off of their chairs.
... Actually, that might have been on Tuesday. It made me so upset I searched for a way to contact Fox News to put in my opinion that he needed to go. Maybe I was not the only one.

Agreed. Good riddance to that lump of lard.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

He is AWFUL!!

*eye roll*

I am not sure an agenda to insult the President is really appropriate for a news organisation.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm not surprised Beckel ticked someone off. He is a walking advertisement for insensitive. Too bad though, he did speak his mind. Crasty ol' dude and I could respect that.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

He is AWFUL!!

*eye roll*

I am not sure an agenda to insult the President is really appropriate for a news organisation.

I'm not aware he insulted the president, unless the president is an African American (Bob was fired for a comment abt an African American, not the president). Of course, insulting a president who is not a republican is standard fare for Fox, but I suppose that is not inappropriate and therefore acceptable.

Love the double standards here.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

No, it's his history. Beckel is notoriously difficult to work with. The network cut ties with him before because he played prima donna after a back surgery.

But if you've ever listened to him, he can be short-tempered and irascible, and that's a bad combination if you have a trigger happy HR department.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Calling his actions "insensitive" is putting it mildly. An IT tech employee entered his office to address some sort of computer problem he had and Beckel stormed out complaining that the tech was Black. IMO that goes beyond being insensitive.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But if you've ever listened to him

I haven't.

he can be short-tempered and irascible,

Yeah, like some other Fox hosts, some who have done the same for a long time, and who now may or may not still work there?

Jesus...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I was trying to find a video of Beckel but this all I could find:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I liked Bob.

A fat, grumpy, opinionated old fart.

Hmmm. . . . . reminds me of someone. . . . .

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Calm down and count to 20 slowly.

You'll feel better.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Best news today!!

He is AWFUL!!

I always saw him as an oaf.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join