It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia’s ‘Killer Satellites’ Re-Awaken

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

The trio of mysterious spacecraft were idle for at least a year. Now they’re zooming toward foreign satellites again—and no one really knows why.

Russia’s ‘Killer Satellites’ Re-Awaken

Well, this sounds interesting. Three, highly maneuverable Russian satellites suddenly start moving again after being idle for a spell...and no one knows what their purpose is. Could they be spy satellites? Could they be the precursor of a weaponized Russian satellite? If the US military knows their purpose...they're not talking.

Experts say the Russian satellites could be technology-demonstrators. They might also be precursors to orbital weapons.

The U.S. Air Force, which tracks all the world's satellites, issued the same boilerplate statement it released the first time the Russian satellites started moving around. "U.S. Strategic Command's ... space component tracks Kosmos-2504 and -2499 ... as well as more than 23,000 man-made, earth-orbiting objects every day,"

www.thedailybeast.com...

The article also states that they may have robotic capabilities used to "physically interact" with other spacecraft.

the Kosmos triplets could be inspection satellites capable of closely matching the orbit of another spacecraft and scanning it, or even physically interacting with it in order to repair, modify or dismantle it. The Pentagon calls these "rendezvous and proximity operations."

www.thedailybeast.com...

One has to remember though, that the USAF had a secret, experimental aircraft in space for over two years. No one knows what it did in low orbit for that amount of time. Has the militarisation of space now officially begun? What about China?

It's worth noting that one of America's own highly-maneuverable spacecraft, the X-37B robotic mini-shuttle, returned to Earth in early May 2017 after spending 718 days in low orbit -- a record for the type. The Air Force, which operates the two X-37Bs, has always insisted that the maneuverable mini-shuttles are strictly experimental -- but has otherwise declined to discuss the crafts' missions.

www.thedailybeast.com...

edit on 5/19/2017 by shawmanfromny because: spelling

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
We probably have some of those kinds of Satellite up there too. Russia is not alone. But this repositioning is something that cannot be ignored. Of course, if ours are moving, we will not be hearing about that because it is classified information only the Russians will be allowed to know. It is possible we could have moved ours before theirs, maybe the move is towards NK.

I am sure our government knows what these Satellites can do and I am sure that Russia knows what our Satellites are capable of.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If I were to hazard a guess it has something to do with the Americans numerous attacks on their Syrian allies over the past few months.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I know i'm stating the obvious here but why use the term killer-satellites if it's unclear what they are even capable of? The term implies a deadly weapon or at least something that can do damage. Is there any proof that a russian satellite did that already? The anti-russian propganda machine kicked into overdrive as it seems. Seriously are people that blind to realize they are being played? Btw whatever the russians have the americans have already the next generation of it. Solar Warden anyone? This sabre rattling that accomplishes nothing in the end hightend my suspicions that wars are just for show and behind the scenes they are thick as thieves and that goes for all the major nations. NK seems always to pop up when the "world" needs a distraction because well WW3 didn't happen after all. Kinda weird after all the war mongering that went on.
edit on 19-5-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The Russians are smart. Weren't they the first to enter space?

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
If we are just not officially hearing about the militarization/weaponization of space, then you can bet your rear they started at the very minimum a decade prior. Likely longer.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: RisenMessiah

Im sure theyd like you to believe that. However its not true. The USA was the first country to send a man in space but because it was so secretive they had to keep it totally hush hush and act like they were behind the Ussr in space travel.

But the Usa sent its first astronaut into space three years before russia did but they had to act like it didnt hapopen until the mercury missions.

Also the usa was the first to have a man walk on the moon which happened many times during the apollo missions.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

Uh.. exactly whom wants me to believe that? The United States? If so why?

Try being a little more explanatory, I thought this was common knowledge.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

It is common knowledge. But common knowledge is usually wrong. After all the commoners believe it.

As for the USA being first why is that a surprise? You seriously think russia a nation of communist peasants could send a man into space? How wouild they get the technology to do that? I'll tell you where. They stole it from the Usa. After the USA already did it.

And the usa didnt want anyone to steal it so they tried to keep it secret but unfortunately there were so many communists in are goverment at that point that avoiding espionage was imposible. Unfrotunately McArthy was right. But being LEFTies, the communists by that point had become to powerfull and were able to put an end to McArthy's cleansing of the goverment.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Forgive me but, your reasoning is baffling.

From your view, common knowledge is 'common' therefore how can anyone believe that Man actually landed on the holographic moon, or that the earth is actually 'semi round'?

I trust my instincts ok. But more than that, i question authority, yes even NASA. After all,weren't ex Nazi Scientists invited to live in America after WW2? Sure lets trust them.

The Winners have always rewritten history, that's factual.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Their cheif rocket designer Sergei Korolev was a genius and developed a very simple but efficient system to get the Russians into space.
Russia accomplished a great deal with limited resources in a short period of time history records them for the first satellite and the first man in space.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

The USA was the first country to send a man in space but because it was so secretive they had to keep it totally hush hush and act like they were behind the Ussr in space travel.

But the Usa sent its first astronaut into space three years before russia did but they had to act like it didnt hapopen until the mercury missions.

And you know this how? (I suppose a little proof would be entirely out of the question?)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I dont really see whats baffling about it. The russians were bankrupt and exhausted. America was a technological leader. Whats hard to believe?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

The proof is in the official story of the history of space travel. The more you learn about it the more you realize it doesnt make any sense that Russians would get there first.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

Russians might have geniuses in certain fields but not in space travel. Every step of the way theyve been behind the usa. How is it even entertainable as a notion that they sent mammals into space before the usa? Its not. The USA was doing it years before the Russians but it was top secret info.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

The proof is in the official story of the history of space travel. The more you learn about it the more you realize it doesnt make any sense that Russians would get there first.

Sorry, you'd have to get a little more specific to change my mind any.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

... Try again.
edit on 22-5-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Wonder if THOR ever went operational.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
You mean the Russians stole the technology from the Mayans

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Between the X-37B and these things, I'd say the inescapable conclusion is that, yes, the militarization of space has begun.

Likely both technologies are designed to disable, destroy, de-orbit, or otherwise screw with opposing nations' spy satellites.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join