It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There will be alot of jobs for new journalists when all of this is over. The media just selfdestructed right in front of the american public. Making america great again by putting useless and corrupt journalists out of business one at a time. Nice.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Spicer response.

“By grandstanding and politicizing the investigation into Russia’s actions, James Comey created unnecessary pressure on our ability to engage and negotiate with Russia,” Mr. Spicer said. “The investigation would have always continued, and obviously, the termination of Comey would not have ended it. Once again, the real story is that our national security has been undermined by the leaking of private and highly classified conversations.”

Well what's he supposed to say..."ahh gee youre right, I'm working for an idiot, nevermind" ? He doesn't have the guts.

How about you guys tell us what you wanted him to say and make it easier for the rest of us.

"You guys"?? What you guys, I'm one guy and I'm simply regurgitating the official account of what happened.....care to expound on who else you believe is here with me soothsayer?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Getting sickening and embarrassing .....

according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official

link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
There will be alot of jobs for new journalists

...and one for the grandmaster temporary employee, the President.

+3 more 
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

All of you who are absolutely sure that everything reported from a document no one sees but is simply read over the phone to the press is perfectly legit.

link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Another unsourced story,

it's the official record of the meeting.

Spicer has acknowledged it's accurate.

If you actually read the OP or first post before your allergic, programmed Trump Defense of "Fake News" you might have realized that?

Yes, I did. But apparently you didn't, because Spicer does not say the claim is accurate. They said he did, but the quotes don't back up the author.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

There is no official report.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: omniEther

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Another unsourced story,

it's the official record of the meeting.

Spicer has acknowledged it's accurate.

If you actually read the OP or first post before your allergic, programmed Trump Defense of "Fake News" you might have realized that?
And you have proof of that or did they just say that Sean Spicer did not dispute it therefore they don't have to provide a record of anything.

Yes...Now the press is making up issued statements from Sean Spicer?

How badly do you plan on abusing your reasoning centers in this defense?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

There will be alot of jobs for new journalists

...and one for the grandmaster temporary employee, the President.

It's kinda cute that people still think that but i won't crush your dreams. I'm not a monster.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

There will be alot of jobs for new journalists when all of this is over. The media just selfdestructed right in front of the american public. Making america great again by putting useless and corrupt journalists out of business one at a time. Nice.

You said a bunch of nonsense...basically....reporters=BAD

Do you have any comment on Trump's comments to the Russians?

link   
a reply to: Indigo5

The White House document that contained Mr. Trump’s comments was based on notes taken from inside the Oval Office and has been circulated as the official account of the meeting.
Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, did not dispute the account.

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark.
The convoluted spin they'll have to put on this will make you dizzy listening to their ditzy excuses.

As aggravating as this has been there are some moments of shear levity to be had.

K~

link   

a reply to: Indigo5

Flip-flopping back and forth between the "FAKE NEWS", oops not "FAKE NEWS", oooops this one is "FAKE NEWS" bulwark is not helping their cause.

Simple, pics or it didnt happen.

The only outcome for using unsubstantiated sources, is a circular argument.
Im sure another anonymous source will say, trump never said such things, then another nameless official will come out to say the former never said trump never said such things..

The only logical question to ask when these reports make the airwaves is, did trump use "air quotes" as he said what he said.
Because According to spicer and kellyann, its the deciding factor in the validity of an argument.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Spicer response.

“By grandstanding and politicizing the investigation into Russia’s actions, James Comey created unnecessary pressure on our ability to engage and negotiate with Russia,” Mr. Spicer said. “The investigation would have always continued, and obviously, the termination of Comey would not have ended it. Once again, the real story is that our national security has been undermined by the leaking of private and highly classified conversations.”

Well what's he supposed to say..."ahh gee youre right, I'm working for an idiot, nevermind" ? He doesn't have the guts.

How about you guys tell us what you wanted him to say and make it easier for the rest of us.

"You guys"?? What you guys, I'm one guy and I'm simply regurgitating the official account of what happened.....care to expound on who else you believe is here with me soothsayer?

Lol, that's what you focused on??? Anyway, what do you want him to say? What would be an acceptable response for you?

link   

Oh no an elected official telling the truth!

Liberals are getting their panties all twisted.

link   

I do.

There is no document or comment.

(post by alphabetaone removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

Oh no an elected official telling the truth!

Liberals are getting their panties all twisted.

Well first I'm not liberal, and second opinion is not tantamount to the truth.

link   

What scenario are you imagining ?

A hack journalist at the Times invented the story out of whole cloth. There is no memo, and no anonymous source reading this crap over the phone. That's the scenario I'm imagining.

Please note that, as of today, we haven't even established that the Comey memo was real. No real person with a name has stepped forward to say they've seen any such document.

link   

You said a bunch of nonsense...basically....reporters=BAD

Did you read the document? Oh wait no all we have is a phonecall again.

link   

So what? Its not a crime to end and investigation.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join