It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic bookshelf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hello I am looking to add a masonic section to my bookshelves (right on top of my renaissance section
and would love some recommendations. About to go on an amazon spree.

Also found a website that sells "planche" but only in french. Is there a trusted website you guys know of where I could buy some in english.

Cordially
edit on 32017Fridaypm531Fri, 19 May 2017 15:05:08 -0500America/Chicagov05 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

edit on 32017Fridaypm531Fri, 19 May 2017 15:07:27 -0500America/Chicagov07 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

Do you mean J.R. Planché the author of Beauty and the Beast?

About websites to get books, maybe Barnes and Noble, eBay, Thriftbooks, Alibris, I would have said Hastings but they just went out of business I think...

There are a lot of smaller retailers and I'd even suggest just shopping around town in person to find some random gems.

I'd expect Amazon to be one of the better outlets however with the largest selections.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The BEST place to find such books that are not of the norm to many and ones you wont find in regular bookstores is
ABE BOOKS

I LOVE this book site. Just type in what you're looking for and if you know authors that helps but you don't need to. I would love to have some of the old occult books but I don't have thousands to own them. You can find anything on there. GREAT place for the strange and unusual

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You could have a look on the ,Geek, app they have many masonic/history items.

Only a suggestion.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
Hello I am looking to add a masonic section to my bookshelves (right on top of my renaissance section
and would love some recommendations. About to go on an amazon spree.

Also found a website that sells "planche" but only in french. Is there a trusted website you guys know of where I could buy some in english.

Cordially

When I looked up Planche it translates to "board"
Is that the title? Do you have an author or anything?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

heres a list of books in pdf format, you could try searching these titles on Amazon, ebay etc

Masonic Library

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I know where you can get Mackenzie The Royal Masonic Cyclopaedia if you want but you would have to send me a private message.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Simon1967

That is an amazing link ty so much.

Thx to everyone else for the replies. Very informative.
edit on 42017Fridaypm531Fri, 19 May 2017 16:21:37 -0500America/Chicagov21 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Not sure if that word is used in english like it is in french. Ill look for it later.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Contact various lodges by e-mail and ask. This is the best way. Even some of them had on their sites e-editions for free download. Even a google search might lead you to somebody's already compiled list of masonic books. Go with something like "Masonic Library" or so, and if the site is speaking in obscure not understandable language, then you found your place.

I forgot, the books should also be obscure and rather hard to read, otherwise you're not getting the right ones...

But lets say I know one thing that will be advised to you by any living mason: www.amazon.com...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Every Masonic Library needs Albert Mackey's ENCYCLOPEDIA OF FREEMASONRY

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Sahabi,

Why is there mentions of Mackey to the third person? : "Brother Mackey could not agree to the reason assigned by Dalcho, but of the existence of..."

Under the Acacia

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Because in an academic writing, it is more proper to refer to oneself in the third-person by name, rather than by the pronouns "I" or "me".

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I would strongly suggest anything by Albert Pike, his Morals & Dogma is a masterpiece, and contains a shockingly directly mention of the unmentionable thing thing mentioned by Casanova on page 33 of Volume 2, in his memoirs.

I believe I have read M&D over a hundred times cover to cover; my copy is littered with notes, highlighting etc.

Eliphas Levi and Manly P. Hall are also very good, but are not "official" standpoints, as everyone must interpret for themselves. Albert Mackey is a very good author also, who really understood the intricacies of the craft.

Many of the older southern jurisdiction rituals, no longer in use, but being published by Kessinger, are invaluable for the tidbits and hints they give also.

But the best book is the great light of masonry: the bible.

of a reply to: Golantrevize

top topics

join