It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab states offer Israel improved ties in exchange for peace concessions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Several Gulf Arab countries are seriously talking about normalizing ties with Israel by essentially opening their markets to their businesses and even allowing access to their airspace. Sounds like a very positive step towards mutual interests. All Israel needs to do is commit to settlement freezes and give the Gaza Strip a break from the brutal trade and border restrictions they have been imposed for so many years. The Palestinian authority for its part has signaled Abbas is ready to sign a peace deal without any pre-conditions. President Trump leaves today for his first trip abroad visiting Israel, Saudi Arabia and the Vatican.

Jpost
Various Arab Gulf nations are reportedly prepared to improve ties with Israel if Jerusalem takes what they deem as significant efforts to relaunch the stagnant peace process with the Palestinians, The Wall Street Journal on Monday cited sources close to the matter as saying.

As part of the normalization process, the Gulf states would reportedly be willing to set up telecommunication lines between the countries, allow for Israeli businesses to trade with their Arab counterparts and allow for Israeli planes to fly over their airspace. In return, Israel would have to freeze settlement construction and relax trade restrictions with the Gaza Strip.

The report emerged a week before US President Donald Trump is due to make his first visit to the region. Trump's first foreign trip as president will include stops in Saudi Arabia, Israel and the Vatican.

Trump was due to convene Arab world leaders from across the region alongside Saudi royal family members in Riyadh. In Jerusalem, the president was expected to offer details for the first time on his vision for a comprehensive Israeli-Palestinian peace. He will then go on to meet Pope Francis at the Vatican.

I firmly believe that our President is going to make magic happen while he is on this trip.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Might be his 1 and only trip as president with the way things are going..

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Are we talking about Qatar, Bahrain and United Arab Emirates?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Tragic world we live in when concessions are offered to stop a terror state breaking international law.

What a joke.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone wants to claim the Zionists aren't in bed with the Wahhabis now?

Is one of the stipulations Israel has to end it's occupation of the West Bank and the Golan Heights? No? Thought not.

They merely have to "freeze" their genocidal program against the Palestinians, well aint that nice. Worked so well last time...
edit on -050012pm5kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon
Two minutes hate is not the topic here.
How do you feel about this proposed normalization of ties between the Arab world and Israel? Do you feel the concessions are reasonable, do you believe Abbas is being sincere with his commitment to a peace deal without conditions?

What do you believe could be the outcome of Trump visiting the three major power representatives of the Abrahamic faiths, Israel, Saudi Arabia, the Vatican = Judaism, Islam, and Christianity??

Non-partisan opinion on the matter are very welcome, whether in support, against or neutral.

To be frank, I find it quite close to biblical prophecies that our President is visiting the three power structures of Abraham's descendants and their religions. A willingness to signal peace as well?? This couple with the threat of moving the embassy to Jerusalem.

I believe if some kind of deal is reached, that it would signal the start of the Great Tribulation, as the peace with Israel would be the covenant that has precisely 3 and a half years or so (next election) to go bad in time for Satan to declare his throne over the world (metaphor, symbolic moving embassy to Jerusalem) .

Any thoughts on these theories???

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hahahaha, what a joke ! Arab states want one thing only, Death to Israel ! Death, death, death...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Is one of the stipulations Israel has to end it's occupation of the West Bank and the Golan Heights? No? Thought not.

Funny you mentioned this. According to another article on the Jpost, these territories were not designated to Israel in a recent map from the White House

White House map of Israel nixes post-67 lines
The White House on Friday published a map of Israel at the pre-1967 lines...

The 54 second video called “Photos Abroad” promotes Trump’s five stop trip in eight day. A red line set to upbeat music shows how Trump will travel from Washington to Saudi Arabia and on to Israel.
But the white map, set against a blue background excludes east Jerusalem and the Golan Heights, which are part of sovereign Israel. It also does not include the West Bank, including Area C, where all the Israeli settlements are.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Wow, this sounds promising. I hope it works out between these countries. The people of Israel are not bad people, their leaders are a little war mongering though, they have no trust of any of the Muslim countries. And of course, I wouldn't just trust Israel if I were Musslims either, that tension in that part of the world goes mack a long way.

Even if the governments do decide to cooperate and increase relations, there are radical groups out there that will not follow suit. It is hard, I question whether it will ever work out correctly.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Well now we know why Trump changed his position on Syria, even though his supposed "comrade" claims to have irrefutable proof that Assad wasn't responsible for either chemical attack.

Magic... lol. Is that what we're calling it now?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Tragic world we live in when concessions are offered to stop a terror state breaking international law.

What a joke.

I agree, well said.

What I fear is if something were to happen from now until then. Whenever positive steps are taken in that region, rockets mysteriously start flying into Israel...what would the Gazans have to gain from that? Makes me wonder who is really launching those rockets.

I am confident that Israel doesn't want the peace process to work.

Hopefully I am wrong.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75
Well hey man, if he can get Israel and the Arabs to play nicer, I think most people here would call that magic lol. Seriously though, it may just be me, but both sides seem to show a willingness and sincerity in mutual cooperation since Trump got elected. And since I believe bible prophecy is literally unfolding before my eyes, I have a strong feeling this peace initiative may actually manifest, albeit for a short period of time.

It could happen man.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

What does the book of revelation have to say about it?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

The house of Saud was created by a Jewish man.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

What does the book of revelation have to say about it?

Does it matter?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Unfortunately any talk of compromise is likely to meet an obstacle in Netanyahu.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

The Gulf Nations are America's bitches...
And America is Israel's bitch...

This is all planned long ahead of time.

Abbas is a puppet.

None of this will help Palestinians. At all.

And sorry to piss on your parade, but Israel don't give two sh*ts about The Bible.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
About once a decade, the Arab states have a case of righteous wrath that boils over into bloodshed, where they decide to kick out the Jews. It isn't "merely the state of Israel" being wiped out. It is non-muslims being removed from the middle east. If a democratic state replaced Israel, and Jews had voting rights, the Arab community would need to overthrow that successor state just as much as they are driven to kill the current one and murder its inhabitants.

This happened most tellingly in 1967, when each of Israel's neighbors invaded at once, to "drive the Jewish dogs into the sea". Israel captured part of Egypt (the Gaza strip), Part of Lebanon, Part of Syria (the Golan Heights), and Jordan (the West Bank).

Then after the intifida ("awakening" or "dog shaking off fleas"), the anti-Israeli zealots get slaughtered, and there is an armistice period, in which they import more bombs and recruit a new generation of martyrs.

Basically, Abbas & Co. are saying "give us a decade to re-arm--we're out of rockets!"

The Israelis will probably take them up on it. The government doesn't want any more new settlements south of Jerusalem; that's just prodding the hornets' nest. And ten years of trade would definitely transform the Israeli economy & give them a chance to modernize their IDF. There was going to be peace anyway, for the same reason there has been for the past 18 months---Abbas is out of rockets!

Egypt gets to police the Gaza, a major source of guns, drugs and zealotry coming into the rest of Egypt.

Jordan doesn't have to host a bunch of militias aiming at Israel.

Syria gets to relax, and focus on killing shias and their sunni mercenaries.

The only big risk is for Abbas---the risk that their young men will like being entrepreneurs more than they savor being martyrs. In a decade, there may be more appetite for making trade deals than Shuhada videos.
edit on 19/5/2017 by redempsh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

It could happen man.

Oh and I think it will, we're just gonna have to take out Assad. Expect another war if this deal goes through.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xavi1000
Hahahaha, what a joke ! Arab states want one thing only, Death to Israel ! Death, death, death...

Sometimes I think it's the other way around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join