It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a total lack of acknowledgement of any thought other than that which the angry mob insists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It drives people away, and you wonder why an election brought a president you, and no one else saw coming. the level of condescension on these boards and elsewhere is why you lose and continue to lose. If this is simple public discourse can you imagine what these people would do if given total control? I'm thinking North Korea style re-education camps for one, we've already reached North Korea level propaganda, doesn't seem far off.

+4 more 
posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: User1138

Which angry mob are you referring to, the winners or the losers?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Damn good question.

+2 more 
posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I'd tend to agree that critical thought is on the decline on ATS and people just parrot news opinions instead, but I'm not sure who you are calling out for this problem.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
youtu.be...

North Korea is a bit of a stretch don't you think.
I know you have troubles in the US, but come on, your comments belittle the severe oppression and hardship average NK citizens face.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm referring to the pinko's thought it was obvious from the north korea examples. I suppose when some people that think crazy sh!t like this:

as having anything to do with the current political climate, there is no reasoning to be had. Normally you'd just move on, but these wounds have been festering for decades and could translate to a bloody civil war at this point.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
youtu.be...

North Korea is a bit of a stretch don't you think.
I know you have troubles in the US, but come on, your comments belittle the severe oppression and hardship average NK citizens face.

LOL how? we have a media putting out north korea level propaganda, A vestigial deepstate pulling no stops just short of active violence. If these people had their way we'd be goddamn sweden right now at the very least. Because it would take a few decades to get there from where we are now makes it no less real.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I'd be expecting mass rioting before thoughts of civil war.
You are not experiencing mass rioting, just a lot of whining and bitching on social media.
Sorry but I think you're being overly dramatic.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I'm still not 100% on this, but I think the OP is a Trump supporter and this is another "blindly attack liberals" thread.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

To be more specific I think it those who refuse to acknowledge certain points of view and instead parrot talking points fed to them by the media, etc. I mean you basically said it already.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I'm feeling that vibe as well.
Civil war, comparisons with North Korea, LMAO!
A few memes on t'interwebs and the sky is falling.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm still not 100% on this, but I think the OP is a Trump supporter and this is another "blindly attack liberals" thread.

And here we go, lol liberals at this point to be completely honest go through this thought process as far as I can tell: figure out the correct course of action... Then promote the opposite bucause it opresses 5 dudes somewhere. lol I know i'm oversimplifying it but that is what they teach in college marxism 101 isn't it?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: User1138

To be more specific I think it those who refuse to acknowledge certain points of view and instead parrot talking points fed to them by the media, etc. I mean you basically said it already.

So this is where I point out that your comparisons to NK level propaganda reporting by the media is a blind parrot of talking point fed to you by the media.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

So are you saying liberals are going to riot and start the civil war or Trump supporters?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

And here we go, lol liberals at this point to be completely honest go through this thought process as far as I can tell: figure out the correct course of action... Then promote the opposite bucause it opresses 5 dudes somewhere. lol I know i'm oversimplifying it but that is what they teach in college marxism 101 isn't it?

So you are really killing any good points you made in your OP with this ridiculous strawman, AND you are painting yourself as exactly the type of person you are calling out in the OP. Generally when people write threads like this, they try to at least PRETEND to be non-partisan in their analysis so they don't look like huge hypocrites.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I'm talking the current political climate not the random fb post i mentioned. If you have absolutely nothing in common with those attempting to gain control over your country, poking the proverbial bear as it were, something is gonna give.

the people can not be all, & always, well informed. the part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. if they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. we have had 13. states independent 11. years. there has been one rebellion. that comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. what country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

So you are really killing any good points you made in your OP with this ridiculous strawman, AND you are painting yourself as exactly the type of person you are calling out in the OP. Generally when people write threads like this, they try to at least PRETEND to be non-partisan in their analysis so they don't look like huge hypocrites.

The big difference is that the left is a collective hive mind death cult, marching together toward the oblivion of western civilization, while the rest of us struggle to gain power because of in-fighing due to our inherent individualism. You can argue about shades of grey, in the mean time the west is crumbling... it has been for centuries, it is a byproduct of it's freedoms. I'm really trying my best here to extend olive branches but the left strategy is to knock me out with it a week later and burn my house down. Not saying the right doesn't do this but we are in an ideological war. One few want to even acknowledge.
edit on 19-5-2017 by User1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Better described as ::

expose the Left Wing MSM agenda

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

All I'm seeing is you just confirming your blind partisanship and lack of critical thinking that you were calling out in the OP. Just the same anti-liberal talking points I'd hear from any conservative or conservative media source.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

All I'm seeing is you just confirming your blind partisanship and lack of critical thinking that you were calling out in the OP. Just the same anti-liberal talking points I'd hear from any conservative or conservative media source.

Says the man likely to end up in handcuffs at my feet when judgement day comes, LOL.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join