It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Study Reveals HUGE Extent of Anti-Trump Media Bias

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

HAHA!

How quickly the sheeple forget!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

There's apparently also a problem where news networks can't find anyone to defend his idiocy:
TV networks can’t find any Republicans willing to defend Trump

On Tuesday night, Fox News’ Bret Baier shared that the network couldn’t find a single Republican member of Congress willing to come on the air. “We have tried tonight to get Republicans to come out and talk to us,” he told his panel, “and there are not Republicans willing to go on camera tonight as of yet and we will see if that changes.”

Panelist A.B. Stoddard of RealClearPolitics chimed in, saying that she normally has no problem finding lawmakers who will talk to her, but now, “crickets.” She suggested the recent controversy is “just too much to take at this point” and Trump’s allies are “alarmed and overwhelmed.”

Fox News was not alone. CBS This Morning — fairly neutral territory politically — asked 20 different Republican lawmakers to appear on the show Wednesday morning and couldn’t find a single taker. Likewise, no one from the White House was willing to appear on air either.

link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Oh i didn't see this coming. Right wing hacks approving a study done by the "liberal brainwash institution" called university ?!
Thanks for the laugh Chris. You are a gift that keeps giving

Oh, no, when it suits their agenda, any source is acceptable.

Lol predictable, hypocritical right wing. They're so cute.

link   

These numbers mirror darkly the statistics of Mao, Stalin, Pot, Castro, Chavez or any of the great despots.... Meaning 93% positive coverage for the aforementioned dictators is every bit as disconcerting as 93% negative.

Should we read anything into your failure to mention Hitler? (that's a joke)

What this study seems to ignore is that coverage of different leaders shouldn't be identical as the leaders themselves are not. Ironically, you almost get there in your own statement.

Would you be crying foul if Hitler or Stalin were whining that their media coverage wasn't positive? Of course not. And no, I'm not saying Trump is anything on the order of a Hitler or Stalin (though I get the feeling from some of his supporters that they're down for that level of authoritarian rule) but he's also prone to lying, a lot, as in constantly. He also brags about himself and even accomplishments that have nothing to do with him and again, it's incessant. Then there's the fact that he has been using the media as a prop since the first day of his campaign, after that clown newspaper cover. (NY Daily News was it?)

Then there's the fact that he started out his presidency under a cloud because of the Russian interference in our election that he publically welcomed. He's surrounded himself with unusually Kremlin-connected folks like Manafort, Page and Flynn. Speaking of which, his National Security Advisor lied about his communications with Kislyak. He failed to register as a foreign agent. He lied about receiving payment from the Kremlin to speak at the RT gala where he was seated with Putin.

And let's be honest here, Trump has constantly made things worse. Nunes, firing Comey, saying he was thinking about the Russian investigation when he fired Comey, contuing to back Flynn. Hell, he even let Flynn, who lied about his communication with Kislyak in the midst of an investigation in possible collusion, resign. Yet he canned Comey summarily with a contrived letter delivered by his former head of security.

Then his spokespeople lied about the reason.

I haven't even got started on his controversial agenda, his hamfisted diplomacy or his ridiculous obsession with talking about the election at inapproproate times.

In other words, some people deserve negative press. Trump checks just about every box.

link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Here's a novel thought:

If Trump stopped doing stupid, dangerous and objectionable things then perhaps the media wouldn't need to report it?

All I'm seeing is Trump supporters constantly crying that Trump isn't getting away with doing whatever he pleases.

All we see are leftists making up lies and pushing it as fact over MSM channels to dumb down their supporters. Not our fault you pushed a vile corrupt candidate that lost to Donald Trump out of all people. Plus I don't see it as whining at all. I see it as we all just want some real news for a change. Its just to bad the leftists won't accept that they lost and they can try again in 4 years. Instead its lets bring this whole country down so we can stop Trump from pushing conservative policy and taking away from the nanny state.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: underwerks

Except this isn't a conspiracy and is real wether you want to believe in it or not.

Really? Got any proof? Transcripts of heads of news organizations talking conspiracy? Anything substantive outside of coincidences and biases to prove it true?
edit on 19-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: underwerks
I have to smile at everyone that keeps pushing the media is conspiring against Trump narrative.

It couldn't just be Donald Trump, being the same Donald Trump he's been up to this point. No, it takes a vast ranging media conspiracy involving thousands of people with the express purpose of making Donald Trump look bad to make him look bad.

It couldn't be his own words, lack of foresight and planning, and his changing-with-the-wind motives.

Nah, that's too complicated of a theory..

I really don't get it. It's like they are all so desperate for things to be better post-Obama, that they are now completely blind.
Kind of like what they were saying about pro-Obama folks for the last 8 years.
Interesting full circle.

It seems right wing media has manufactured an amorphous monster that includes everyone on the left, the media, and everyone else who doesn't agree with Trump or his followers, and that's who Trumpers are supposed to lump together to point their finger at.

If they point and scream and whine enough at everyone else who's fault they're told everything is, they won't ever look at the real reason for all of it, namely Trump and his own actions and statements.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't see this kind of hard ball from CNN, wapo, NYtimes, abc, MSNBC, or the likes over her many indiscretions. In fact a lot of times I saw them try to spin it down instead of playing it up. Had the same things that came to light with the DNC and her came out about trump I think we all know how that would have gone...He sure wouldn't be a sitting president now that's for sure.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: Kryties

Here's a novel thought:

If Trump stopped doing stupid, dangerous and objectionable things then perhaps the media wouldn't need to report it?

All I'm seeing is Trump supporters constantly crying that Trump isn't getting away with doing whatever he pleases.

All we see are leftists making up lies and pushing it as fact over MSM channels to dumb down their supporters. Not our fault you pushed a vile corrupt candidate that lost to Donald Trump out of all people. Plus I don't see it as whining at all. I see it as we all just want some real news for a change. Its just to bad the leftists won't accept that they lost and they can try again in 4 years. Instead its lets bring this whole country down so we can stop Trump from pushing conservative policy and taking away from the nanny state.

So, you won't be happy until the US has insanely pro-government news, like say, North Korea?
Interesting point of view.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How are you gonna sit here asking for proof when you defend every anonymously sourced story against trump? Double standard much...Or just a run of the mill hypocrite?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The media writes negative stories based on the things that Trump has said and done himself

Fixed it for you.

edit on 19/5/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

link   
when 90 percent of the stuff that comes out of your mouth is negative, you are going to be covered negatively. when even fox news can't spin his idiocracy enough to show him in a favorable light you know you have a problem.

link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I see it as we all just want some real news for a change.

Real news like what? Show us examples of what the media SHOULD be reporting on about Trump.

link   

The real conspiracy is taking place at Fox News where the now (coincidentally?) deceased ex-chief and several of the top personalities were completely in bed with Trump, a few to the point of actually being part of his campaign.

How else could you explain that much positive spin?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: underpass61
I doubt this will give any Trump critic pause to consider, more likely they will see it as validation.

Did the Obama critics ever pause to consider their actions? No?
But we should, right?
Lol at the never ending hypocrisy from the right.

If you're implying we were equally or even more critical of Obama, then these graphs should tell you something. Or not.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

How are you gonna sit here asking for proof when you defend every anonymously sourced story against trump? Double standard much...Or just a run of the mill hypocrite?

An anonymous source is more evidence than anything you've provided. Which is just a textbook snarky denial and weak rebuttal.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Meaning that there is no conspiracy on Trump. It just is what it is, which is biased all negative reporting on Trump. Why does it need to be a conspiracy?

2 scoops of ice cream....

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Meaning that there is no conspiracy on Trump. It just is what it is, which is biased all negative reporting on Trump. Why does it need to be a conspiracy?

Or there is something actually to the reporting. Ever consider that angle? Or is that not a thought you dare let cross your head?
edit on 19-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I have little doubt that a majority of news outlets have no love for Trump. But at the same time he does many controversial things and says things to ruffle feathers. So yeah, he probably does get a bunch of negative coverage.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join