It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus did not come for you but for his Jewish brothers and sisters.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: DeathSlayer

If the Jews had have been a light to the Gentiles then maybe the Gentiles would have understood what the Messiah was about
As it was, most of the Jews didn't know what the Messiah was about

If the Jews hadn't have failed so badly at their chosen purpose (being a light to the Gentiles) then Jesus could have effected the Gentiles, as it was, the Gentiles had no idea about Judaism, other that they were arrogant tosses

And now look, the christian church have become arrogant tosses as well

God is love, your teachings don't indicate that God is love

The Jews have done exactly what God wanted and yet you place blame on them. Is that the love you talk about?

What hanging Him on a cross
Making up laws

Are you a calvinist, that would make sense if you talk non sense

Crucifixtion is a Rome thing and not a Jew thing. The Romans nailed Jesus to the cross, a traditional roman torture technique they often used...Jews were into stoning and beheadings...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

This was the comment I responded to.

The Jews have done exactly what God wanted

He didn't

Ok.

but He knew Jesus would be rejected because of their expectations of The Messiah would be . God didn't make it exactly clear in the Old Testament because like Paul wrote in the New Testament " Had they of known ,they would not have crucified Him" . Paul was referring not to the humans but to the Spiritual Powers ,ie the Devil and his fallen Angels .

One vague reference after another. What does this even mean, and how does it relate to comments I responded to or the questions I asked.

It's always the same with religious folk, always pushing the same random soundbites, parroting scripture or some religious leader, "died for our sins" bla, "salvation" bla, random bible passage bla.

Never making any sense when asked for an explanation of their drivel.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

The rejection Of Christ and his crucifixtion has opened the door to the world through the Jewish people.

What door was opened, how did it do this, and what does it have to do with Jews?

And without the Jew we would have no salvation....

What is salvation and what does it have to do with the Jew?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: HeliocentricFantasy

One vague reference after another. What does this even mean, and how does it relate to comments I responded to or the questions I asked. It's always the same with religious folk, always pushing the same random soundbites, parroting scripture or some religious leader, "died for our sins" bla, "salvation" bla, random bible passage bla. Never making any sense when asked for an explanation of their drivel.
Let me ask you a question ...Have you read the whole Bible ? ...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Idaho was heaven on earth. Before the 80's when end timers, anti abortionist, and reaganomics moved in. They pray for the rapture and the global destruction to come, not me. Bon voyage.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

And yet another vague reference.

"you see, the reason you don't get my random drivel is because you didn't study the bible hard enough....."

Why are you guys unable to answer simple questions that are directly based on the stuff that you are typing?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

A problem some Christians have:

It was the Jews fault for killing Jesus yes BUT it was the religious leaders of the time NOT the entire Jewish population.

If it was not for the Jew we would not have Jesus.

The story of the Jew will remain forever.....

Thank God for the Jew and when the Jew needs to be defended, than I will stand next to him and fight for/with him and judge him not....for salvation came through the Jewish race....

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Why not answer the simple questions I asked you?

If it was not for the Jew we would not have Jesus.

How is that?

Thank God for the Jew and when the Jew needs to be defended, than I will stand next to him and fight for/with him and judge him not....for salvation came through the Jewish race....

What is salvation?

How did Jews enable our salvation?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

So you do not understand how the Jews are involved with salvation?

Jesus was a Jew, a descendant of King David, the messiah, "The Annointed one", "The Christ" that whoever believes in him (meaning what he taught) will not see death.

If you believe by living and walking that life then you will be saved from eternal death.

Not a bad bargain...

Want to join up?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

And yet another vague reference. "you see, the reason you don't get my random drivel is because you didn't study the bible hard enough....." Why are you guys unable to answer simple questions that are directly based on the stuff that you are typing?
If You want to quote me then please do . Don't put words in my mouth I did not say . If you ask a simple question like I did ...Have you read the whole Bible ...and you wont or cant answer that then we really have a problem communicating . You may think some of the terms or quotes members are vague but lets face it if we are not on the same page or maybe not even in the same book we have a problem .

" Salvation " is simple in that it takes the punishment due to the believer (which is death) and is placed on Jesus . It fulfils Gods demands of righteousness . He wont just wink at sin and must punish the sinner's sin . He does this by placing that punishment on His Son Jesus . That is a short explanation ... But you may know that if you read the Bible .that is why I asked .

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

So you do not understand how the Jews are involved with salvation?

First off, I don't know what your definition of "salvation" is.

Jesus was a Jew, a descendant of King David, the messiah, "The Annointed one", "The Christ" that whoever believes in him (meaning what he taught) will not see death.

Is the above the salvation you speak off?

Then I don't see how Jews wanting Jesus dead leads to this path.

Can you explain this?

Want to join up?

No, I don't need these anecdotes to believe in a creator and me being part of the creator.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Most of the comments within this thread have come from Christians and look how quick some get "offended"

What was it that Jesus said about "warm" believers and how he would puke them out?

Meaning? Sitting on the fence is NOT recognized as being a participant or believer and is looked upon as one who is an unbeliever.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

" Salvation " is simple in that it takes the punishment due to the believer (which is death) and is placed on Jesus . It fulfils Gods demands of righteousness . He wont just wink at sin and must punish the sinner's sin . He does this by placing that punishment on His Son Jesus . That is a short explanation ... But you may know that if you read the Bible .that is why I asked .

How does Jesus' death in specific save me? People have died and die all the time. What does it have to do with Jews?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

You say you do not want to join up....OK.....Then no reason to reply...

I don't have too.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Josephus
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. Galatians 3:28-29

This makes me think of "God Bless America and everywhere else too!" The idea of "hears according to the promise" doesn't seem right to me. I think Jesus was saying we are ALL sons and daughters of the same God. I think his message was counter to the one the Jewish tribe is the only tribe blessed by God. I think he was advocating love the Romans and Roman people in spite of them being the enemy of the Jewish state. I think Jesus was a pretty radical otherwise I just don't think they would have crucified him over minor hair splitting of Jewish religious doctrine.

edit on 19-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

link   

It doesn't matter, you weren't going to post anything non evasive anyway.

link   
I would have to agree,pretty evident that it is scripted to be in Jews favor,the 144,000 chosen people,then it says the Jews are the chosen ones,kind of puts everyone in back,the last 2 world wars mysteriously had 3 million Jews,not 1 or 2,and it's no surprise have to go with evidence that richest in word are all related ,quoting scriptures from a scripted book just helps perpetrate a story,while factual evidence that speaks to the contrary,it is called fake or destroyed and covered up by the holders of the gold,I grew up in a religious background,but I also learned truth from fiction,and the bible story's don't add up,a few things but to perpetrate a lie you must add some truth

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

I think most people don't believe the Bible is literal truth that is absolutely perfect. Many people say the Bible is divinely inspired. Plus everyone interprets works and sentences differently. I think the Bible should be read as metaphor and religious text not to be taken out of the historical context in which it was written. I think what is important is the Bible's essential message that having morality or being moral is important.

But you are right about "bible story's don't add up". For example, how can the Bible be so wrong on slavery is beyond me. The idea of owning another human being just seems so wrong to me in every possible way. But apparently not 2000 years ago in Israel.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeliocentricFantasy

It doesn't matter, you weren't going to post anything non evasive anyway.

and you are trolling......

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

How does Jesus' death in specific save me? People have died and die all the time. What does it have to do with Jews?
Death should be understood as a spiritual separation from the God of life .Physically dying is one part of the journey into eternity . Salvation through the belief in Jesus takes care of sin on the other side of this life and has some effects on the person on this side . The Jews or Hebrews or Israelite's were used to bring down to us today the Old and New testaments . They were very good at keeping records and have peculiar traditions (celebrations) that God used to convey His story of man to man .

If you want to understand salvation in a story then I suggest you check out the story of the Passover . A simple google search will get you there . There are many other "types" but the Passover is the more commonly well known that is directly linked to Jesus who is called the Lamb of God in the New Testament

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join