It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus did not come for you but for his Jewish brothers and sisters.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I think it is time to do a summary of Jesus Christ:

Throughout the OT it was prophesized that a messiah would come for the Jewish people. NOT for any other nation or people. (Not yet) Only a messiah for the Jews....this is a part of their beliefs, including animal sacrifice for sins.

First lets discuss this animal sacrifice. Animal sacrifices were designed to forgive sins. BUT as these animal sacrifices continued .... so did the sinning until "The Creator" here known as God, no longer accepted animal sacrifice....something else had to take its place for sin ... something that could be paid in full....a one time payment ... a sacrifice that is possible to save the Jewish nation....a sacrifice that anyone could accept as their "personal" sacrifice to God..... a sacrifice that God accepts as a one time payment....HIS (begotten) son... the lamb of God, Son of Man, (oh BTW also the one who created us.....) came to earth, started his new covenant with 12 disciples which grew to untold numbers while he walked this planet.....then 70 disciples left behind their belongings, including their coat and was told to spread the Gospel and when returned was told they lacked nothing.

Then prior to Jesus ascension what did he tell his disciples? When spreading the Gospel do not forget to take food, water. a coat, AND a SWORD. Looks like they will need protection....going out unto the world...

AND HERE IS WHERE THE STORY STARTS: Notice that the Jews lived in two seperate parts, one was the land of Judah and the other was called Israel, the land of Gaillee which was seperated with Samaria. Remember the story of Jesus and the Samaritan? Jesus himself told the Samaritan woman at the well he was not there for her. One example of many where clearly Jesus was there ONLY for God's chosen people.....God's children. So when he speaks of God's children....he is speaking to the Jewish nation and to NO OTHER....This was not yet available to Gentiles......ONLY for the Jews....

Even records show how Jews traveled through Samaria in caravans as a way of protection. Caught off guard in Samaria or without protection and you die. When Joseph and Mary were traveling back home to Nazareth, they traveled by caravan (with many others, family members, neighbors and friends) again the reason why Joseph and Mary did not realize Jesus was not with them but back in Jerusalem teaching.....a 12 year old teaching....

By the time Jesus ascended to heaven there were numerous Jews who had accepted Jesus as their "Christ" and are considered to be the first "Christians" also known as Christian Jews or Jewish Christians and it was 40 days later when the Holy Spirit came upon the apostles and other worshipers who understood the Gospel was to be shared to the entire earth and to let ANYONE who accepts Jesus as their Messiah, personal Lord and savior, Son of God, who died on the cross and was raised from the dead three days later and walks with him (in spirit) will not see death.

Since Jesus stated he did not come here to change a single Jewish law (thing) then I recommend studying the The Tanakh, a good translated Hebrew to English OT bible (JPS Hebrew Bible) will help you better understand who and what the Jewish people were at certain times in history, their decisions they made, and showing the need for the messiah.

So this Gentile is following that Jewish God and his begotten son.

Search and you shall find....it's one of those "free will" things....

BTW what exactly did Peter tell the congregation after consulting with God concerning the gentile?

edit on 19-5-2017 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer
"I have other sheep who are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will heed my voice". John ch10 v16

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
"I have other sheep who are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will heed my voice". John ch10 v16

But of course.....he could see it.....actually he already knew....didn't he?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I can only hope that your use of the term "Jews" for the whole of God's people was out of ignorance. Of course, the Jews were only one tribe of the nation of Israel, made of of twelve tribes in all. The Jews we see in the NT were only a fraction of the whole tribe, most of whom remained behind when permission came from the Persians to rebuild Jerusalem and the Temple. Thus, a fraction of a fraction of Israel. As for the people of Galilee, they were of the tribe of Benjamin, not Jews, which is clear if you read the Bible.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Yes, God never intended to confine himself to the Old Testament nation alone. That was just the starting-point. He was training them up to teach the rest of the world.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Isaiah 1, 11
Hosea 6, 6

For I desire mercy not sacrifice, God didn't want sacrifice

For God so loved the world he sent His son so that ALL
John 3.16

And Finaly, the Jews were chosen? Chosen for what, to be a light to all nations
Isaiah 49.6
Yes The Jews were chosen, they failed in the purpose they were chosen for

Jesus came to Israel because they were a basket case, the Jews killed Jesus, not because they were the ones who were chosen above anyone else.

What do you think Israel were chosen for exactly?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
dispensationalist crap

Jesus came for everyone only his earthly ministry was focused on Israel.

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. John 10:16

Also calling oneself a gentile after believing on Christ makes no sense

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. Galatians 3:28-29

edit on 5/19/2017 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

You might just want to google the names of the 12 tribes of Israel
Jews are Hebrews or loosely Israelies
Judaism is the religion, Jews are the practitioners, not a tribe
All 12 tribes make up the Jewish people

Samaritans from Samaria were not Jews, they were Samaritans.
They didn't go to the temple in Jerusalem, hence Israel and Judah and the big split

So many people are so confused around here

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Yes, God never intended to confine himself to the Old Testament nation alone. That was just the starting-point. He was training them up to teach the rest of the world.

Correct.

A Jewish God and his son who both have a covenant with those who accept his covenant.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Josephus
dispensationalist crap

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. John 10:16

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. Galatians 3:28-29

This is one of the problems right here when dealing with the Christian belief.....

The Gospel was shed to the Jews and ONLY to the Jews during the life of Christ and to no other..... and this pisses off some Christians.... ONLY AFTER Jesus accession AND AFTER 40 days .....was this offer open to gentiles.....

Something God had set up AFTER accession and after 40 holy days....NOT BEFORE.

Though God not you knows the begining and end in all.

And now here comes responses from letters written after accession to the churches...

EDIT LATER: Jesus preached ONLY to the JEWS... He called them God's children... Why? Because HIS Father called them that.. So NO JEW .... NO JESUS.... right? His words AT THAT TIME were directed to JEWS ONLY.....THAT'S RIGHT....salvation to the Jews... some accepted and some did not... many could not understand HIS teachings for their hearts were made of stone and all remained a mystery to them. After Jesus returned to heaven and 40 days later did the apostles receive a clear message to share the Gospel to the rest of the world. The Gospel that is written in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

edit on 19-5-2017 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I would prefer to call him a God of the whole world who temporarily focussed his attention on one part of it.
The Jews never owned their God; they were merely his first point of contact.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Josephus
dispensationalist crap

It's funny isn't it, God never allowed the Jews to call Him Father, yet the Unchosen unwanted unwelcome (seemingly) get to call Him Father, become His bride

God called all humanity to Him in the Garden and Gods plan was always to restore that relationship, long before Abraham went on a journey
Gods plan to restore humanity was discussed in Genesis

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Jesus did not come for you but for his Jewish brothers and sisters.

Too bad the Jews wanted him dead then.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I would prefer to call him a God of the whole world who temporarily focussed his attention on one part of it.
The Jews never owned their God; they were merely his first point of contact.

I do not believe that. I believe Abraham caught his eye... why God even went out of his way and made a covenant with Abraham..... I bet today there are many that feel "lucky" that Jesus has already come and gone (I do) and fall under his covenant but to those millions like Job, Moses, Joshua, the prophets....all with a purpose fall under Abraham's and Moses covenants with God.

We need to not ONLY keep our eye on the Son but also upon the Father and HIS will which Jesus serves.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

If the Jews had have been a light to the Gentiles then maybe the Gentiles would have understood what the Messiah was about
As it was, most of the Jews didn't know what the Messiah was about

If the Jews hadn't have failed so badly at their chosen purpose (being a light to the Gentiles) then Jesus could have effected the Gentiles, as it was, the Gentiles had no idea about Judaism, other that they were arrogant tosses

And now look, the christian church have become arrogant tosses as well

God is love, your teachings don't indicate that God is love

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Back in Gen . God made a promise about the woman's seed . At Babel God created the Nations and then created Israel who the promised woman's seed would come through .Although God used them , like He uses us ,we also like them fail but God has a way of bringing about His plan despite us humans . But His plan was to reverse what happened in the garden and what happened at Babel . Remember that He turned His back on us and put other gods over the Nations . If you study the new Testament you see the same Nations mentioned in Gen .where God using mostly Paul to plant Gentile Churches . Also there were the 5,000 Jews from other Nations that got saved at Pentacost and went back home .

Once the disciples figured out that the Gentiles were part of the plan as well as them , the two became one in Christ . But salvation was for the Jew first .

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

If the Jews had have been a light to the Gentiles then maybe the Gentiles would have understood what the Messiah was about
As it was, most of the Jews didn't know what the Messiah was about

If the Jews hadn't have failed so badly at their chosen purpose (being a light to the Gentiles) then Jesus could have effected the Gentiles, as it was, the Gentiles had no idea about Judaism, other that they were arrogant tosses

And now look, the christian church have become arrogant tosses as well

God is love, your teachings don't indicate that God is love

The Jews have done exactly what God wanted and yet you place blame on them. Is that the love you talk about?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Raggedyman

Back in Gen . God made a promise about the woman's seed . At Babel God created the Nations and then created Israel who the promised woman's seed would come through .Although God used them , like He uses us ,we also like them fail but God has a way of bringing about His plan despite us humans . But His plan was to reverse what happened in the garden and what happened at Babel . Remember that He turned His back on us and put other gods over the Nations . If you study the new Testament you see the same Nations mentioned in Gen .where God using mostly Paul to plant Gentile Churches . Also there were the 5,000 Jews from other Nations that got saved at Pentacost and went back home .

Once the disciples figured out that the Gentiles were part of the plan as well as them , the two became one in Christ . But salvation was for the Jew first .

And without the Jew we would have no salvation....

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

The Jews have done exactly what God wanted

Does that include getting Jesus killed?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Isaiah 1, 11
Hosea 6, 6

For I desire mercy not sacrifice, God didn't want sacrifice

For God so loved the world he sent His son so that ALL
John 3.16

And Finaly, the Jews were chosen? Chosen for what, to be a light to all nations
Isaiah 49.6
Yes The Jews were chosen, they failed in the purpose they were chosen for

Jesus came to Israel because they were a basket case, the Jews killed Jesus, not because they were the ones who were chosen above anyone else.

To act as executioner of the lamb and perhaps therefore become a martyr for Christian faith in a sense.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join