It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek Horisons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Ok so perhaps you have heard of the new Star Trek series..

Any thoughts?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Always been a star trek fan. I have high hopes for this new series. Can't be any worse than enterprise was right.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I watched the Discovery trailer. The Klingons looks really dumb. Forget Discovery and bring back Deep Space Nine! Then again, they can't even afford Worf.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Finally a show on CBS worth watching. But I am cautious of the politics seething under the surface at the major networks. I wish this was an HBO or Netflix offering to get us back to just good old Sci Fi Star Trek.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Is it still a stream-only subscription from the CBS website? If so I will just go back to watching my DS9 dvds

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
That first video is fan created. The main guy irks me, but otherwise really well done. Perhaps it's time to actually grow things like that instead of relying on profit based corporations who will cancel something, or change it to suit monetary gain..

Someone even made a full movie out of Star Trek game's cut scene movie parts. lol.. was painful to watch in what, 640x480, but he did it really well..

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo
I watched the Discovery trailer. The Klingons looks really dumb. Forget Discovery and bring back Deep Space Nine! Then again, they can't even afford Worf.

I loved deep space nine but voyager will always be my favorite.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Finally a show on CBS worth watching. But I am cautious of the politics seething under the surface at the major networks. I wish this was an HBO or Netflix offering to get us back to just good old Sci Fi Star Trek.

Dude a netflix or HBO star trek series would be to awesome to ever exist.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

You had better accept the following entirely, if you want to enjoy ANY Star Trek content.

It will be political, it will be utopian, and will not celebrate capitalism.

Ideal!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I thought it was just okay. The script or the acting were a little hard to take at times.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Ten minutes didn't entice me. It's too different and frankly dirty grubby, below the RR tracks side of town.... There's no likable main character. Look, I don't want to do mental gymnastics just to enjoy an episode. This is Not IT.....

Trekie's should make up their own mind, but I can tell you this is not one to be top of the collection.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Star Trek Discovery is technically a Netflix show. It will be on CBS All Access in the US and Canada. It will be on Netflix for the rest of the world.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

cool movie
edit on 30-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

top topics

join