It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of young women going 'au naturel' as nearly a quarter now don't shave their underarms

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: HeliocentricFantasy

And yet, you saw fit to post some. Most perplexing.

Have you considered therapy of some kind?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
If a woman just doesn't feel like shaving for awhile, fine. I get like that in the winter sometimes when I'm always wearing long sleeves. But I can tell you that this past year or two females have gotten more desperate for attention and confrontation. If a girl is walking around in a tank top and keeps having some reason to put an arm up and show the hair under there, she probably wants someone to say something so she can give a lecture and claim she was "shamed".

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Have you considered a haircut?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

No, but my hair is in damned fine condition, and causes me no trouble. Furthermore, it costs an awful lot less to grow it, than I would wish to spend on the frankly inexcusable habit of preening. I am a man, not a peacock. I do not require a sharp hair cut and a manicure, because men have no need of such things. There is beer to drink, there is food to eat, and real, hard work to be done. One does not require to spend ones time in a barbers chair to make use of these resources.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

No, but my hair is in damned fine condition,

Off course, you use conditioner.......because you are worth it!

Furthermore, it costs an awful lot less to grow it, than I would wish to spend on the frankly inexcusable habit of preening. I am a man, not a peacock. I do not require a sharp hair cut and a manicure, because men have no need of such things. There is beer to drink, there is food to eat, and real, hard work to be done. One does not require to spend ones time in a barbers chair to make use of these resources.

What about having sex with women? Oh wait. NM.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Seems we have been so far removed from nature that the natural repulses some.

I don't want to shave every where all the time and I don't expect my woman to either.

edit on 19-5-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

No, I do not use conditioner. My hair does not require it. Shampoo suffices.

As to the ladies, I have had plenty of women tell me that my hair is an attractive quality. I also used to have a fair bit of intercourse, back in the day. There are many factors which have led to the dry spell I am in, none of them having to do with grooming.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

O plueeze groom your selves, and wash ur ass, ya nastaay mfkers, some folks take this natural thing way over the top, yes it does have it' s place, but there are reasons why our ancestors shaved with rocks ferfksakes, .freaking Monkees groom themselves and each other.
May the funk be not with you.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

How do you really feel?

As always nice post.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Ok, well in that case.....the world needs more people like you.....I mean, its existence depends on it......don't ever change Truebrit! Don't you ever change!

Here is a pic of random food item!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

the Flintstones was a cartoon you know, not a documentary, heh

jokes

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Yes-no is is just a personal preference; like opinions and a-holes, everybody has one.

BUT, let some Nordic female climb out of a spaceship with hairy boobs and a ponytail under each arm and half this forum would want her. She would be a pinup sensation in a week.

Trends are just life's way of finding expression.

VF

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: VenatiusFortunatus
Yes-no is is just a personal preference; like opinions and a-holes, everybody has one.

BUT, let some Nordic female climb out of a spaceship with hairy boobs and a ponytail under each arm and half this forum would want her. She would be a pinup sensation in a week.

Trends are just life's way of finding expression.

VF

Yes, and each generation seems to need a new way of expressing themselves. No harm done.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: teapot

originally posted by: LABTECH767

...it is worth noting that shaving has now been linked to skin cancer in woman probably down to whatever they put on after they have shaved the region.

I believe a correlation has been established between use of chemical preparations including deodorant and talcum powder and increased risk of breast cancer.

But of course, the media 'debate' about this focuses on male opinion rather than women's health. I have encouraged my daughters to take a more self-valuing view on this, use more natural products, go au natural. Be part of the 25% (and growing?) of women that put breast health ahead of pleasing their partners.

Well put, my earlier comment's were both wrong and tongue in cheek so not intended as too serious.

Now the way I really do see it is that - it is a current cultural and fashion trend and most trend's do come and go but this one is a little harder to get rid of.

Now more seriously if our body's have hair some place then it is for a reason so shaving it is actually not necessarily a good idea after all.

Being male I only really have to shave my beard (when I can be bothered to) and leave my quite hairy chest alone but that bring's me to another observation to expand upon your point about media and image.

Today young men are shaving there chest's, having them waxed and even using chemical hair removal cream's non of which is natural or can actually be good for them.

I believe everyone has the right to express themselves the way that they want BUT within reason of course and no want's nudists walking down the high street after all to make an extreme example of freedom of expression gone a little too far.

To be totally true as well selling body image merely play's on sexual stereotype's in an age were there are far fewer moral boundary's than there once were and it can actually be bad but worst of all is peer pressure which most kid's and young people have to cope with and that is perhaps even more to blame, of course that starts in school so we can blame the failure of the education system's to properly enforce cultural moral standards and respect for others, in fact some education institutions and even individual teachers have the misguided opinion that letting kid's find there own hierarchy is a natural and therefore a good thing while they actually miss the point that they have a duty of care on behalf of those children to prevent them being put down by peer pressure and in fact modern schooling is an artificial social environment alien to the psychological development of the human race until the last few hundred years, an artificial social structure and environment which is still changing it's morphology radically at the expense of those student's it fail's.

And of course in the case of your own daughters as with any parent and I feel it too, you know that what you really want is for them to meet the person that Love's them not just there image and most of all whom they will be happiest and safest with but as you also know the real world unfortunately seldom plays fair and the majority of the male population are by there very nature real shallow hal's interested only in spreading there seed while sadly today many of the female population are not far behind on that point and in fact are mostly far more self image conscious than men as well as far more vulnerable to social peer pressure, which is not to say young guy's are not also vulnerable to it because they most certainly are.

Part of our nature as a species during this early stage in life is of course to try to attract the opposite sex and that is true of both genders but it is of course based on primal instinct and quite often at odd's with our more rational intellectual nature and in that especially in the young emotions are a wild card which are constantly in flux, hence moody teen's fighting the influence of there hormone's, true of both male's and female's.

You are correct this is a thread more about self expression and self image and how many youngsters are dying or else having there lives ruined by peer pressure as they are forced by group mentality of even simply a clique around them into chasing after the wrong thing and that being what other's want them to be rather than being true to themselves which of course would make both them more happy and indeed the world in general a better place.

But though there is a counter movement, there always is, a sub culture if you like that has been around for a long time now how do you change a cultural vein that is so entrenched in the social psyche and mass media of today and indeed has been for a great many decades.

Once again I would like to apologize to everyone for my earlier immature humor and note that hair serves a purpose, it is not dirty at all I am ashamed to have to acknowledge that I was playing on stereotype there and very stupidly and callously so.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

And how many woman quit shaving once they have snared there guy and got him into wedlock.

What century are you living in?

Personally, I hate the way society is manipulated back and forth over their hair, clothes and even what color their home needs to be each year. About time someone just stops being followers. The only reason anyone finds anything attractive or not is because they have been told to and people seem blind to this.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

O plueeze groom your selves, and wash ur ass, ya nastaay mfkers, some folks take this natural thing way over the top, yes it does have it' s place, but there are reasons why our ancestors shaved with rocks ferfksakes, .freaking Monkees groom themselves and each other.
May the funk be not with you.

Yeah and reasons why some deformed their daughters' poor feet and stuck circles of wire to stretch their poor necks and bound their poor heads to make them big. People need to just stop trends and be natural, clean is a whole separate issue!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Just a nod to the wise, look up and read the comment above your's if you had not gotten to it, note my retraction and apology as I was not taking it too seriously at first and by the way what is wrong with being born in the 20th century, are you really that young?.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I think it may be their way of connecting to Big Foot.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Rise of young women going 'au naturel' as nearly a quarter now don't shave their underarms

Disgusting and smelly. Women are getting grosser by the year.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

Disgusting and smelly. Women are getting grosser by the year.

Just women defining for themselves what gross is and what it is not.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join