It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby fed 'alternative' diet weighed less than 10lbs when he died with a totally empty stomach

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

The mother and father, who ran a natural food store in the town of Beveren in Belgium, insisted on putting their son Lucas on an alternative diet that included quinoa milk, according to local media. Doctors warn that such a diet is generally unsuitable for such young children.
They also blamed the parents for driving to a homoeopathic doctor on the other side of the country when the baby was starving instead of going to the nearest hospital.

Defending themselves, Lucas’s father, named only as Peter S, said: “We never went with Lucas to a doctor because we never noticed anything unusual.”

His mother, named only as Sandrina V, said in tears: “Sometimes he gained a little weight, sometimes he lost a little. We never wished for the death of our son.”
www.independent.co.uk...

The parents of this baby self diagnosed this baby with a gluten and lactose allergy. So a special diet is the answer.
So the geniuses felt it was a great idea to feed this poor baby an alternative diet including quinoa milk. Babies are supposed to be chubby.

The baby lost weight and gained weight said it's mother. But it died being 1/2 the weight it should have been. And the baby was dehydrated and had an empty stomach and no one thought to do any thing when the baby had trouble breathing for a few days before the easily preventable death occurred.
It is a shame that these people who run a natural food store are so uninformed and unwilling to do a simple google search.
The parents took the baby to a holistic DR. before the baby died, but the story doesn't say what if anything the Dr. did.
edit on 18-5-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Babies having problems with milk products, even their mothers milk, is not that uncommon. But they make special formulas for that, I knew a few women in the past who had babies that had problems with their breast milk and also milk derived formulas.

I wouldn't think Quinoa milk would be a good choice, quinoa has antinutrient factors to it. Gluten intolerances are also a problem, but you don't feed a little baby breads. They should have seen a real doctor, there are things that could have been done. Here we have WIC to help the parents with this kind of stuff, they actually know about this at the health department. Don't they have organizations like that over there? What is more natural than the mothers milk, why did they not do breastfeeding?

Maybe these people were eating a little too much plant defense system chemicals and it made them a little delusional.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Something does not add up. There is severe negligence if the story is accurate.

From the sound of it they ignored the fact that the baby was slowly dying.

I am also interested in what the holistic Dr did and when.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The sad part (other than the death of a child) is that the parents honestly thought they knew what they were doing.
Whats ok for an adult is not always ok for a baby. Experimenting on your kids is risky business.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I would think they had seen other babies. Mist babies are chubby-and if not usually parents are wondering why.

But some idiots think chubby or fat babies are over weight, the media has done it's job well.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
You need to add a source so we can read the full story.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Here comes the reality train...

... Our species is better off. The parents are clearly unfit for reproduction, and had that child survived it would only serve to pass on but only their genes but their teachings.

Our species is totally f'd as it is, swarming about like locusts... This particular set of genes and ideologies are one of many dead ends I expect to hear about in the coming decades.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I am a firm believer that potential parents should have to obtain a license to be parents. It might weed out some of the idiots who are a clear and present danger to children.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I would think they had seen other babies. Mist babies are chubby-and if not usually parents are wondering why.

But some idiots think chubby or fat babies are over weight, the media has done it's job well.

I know right. Chubby babies are happy babies. Just imagining a fat happy baby makes me smile. The brainwashing was deep in these parents for sure.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

... Our species is better off. The parents are clearly unfit for reproduction, and had that child survived it would only serve to pass on but only their genes but their teachings.

Our species is totally f'd as it is, swarming about like locusts... This particular set of genes and ideologies are one of many dead ends I expect to hear about in the coming decades.

You don't know that. It's just as likely that the child , had it survived, would have rebelled and not bought into this crap once it was older. There is no way to know.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
I am a firm believer that potential parents should have to obtain a license to be parents. It might weed out some of the idiots who are a clear and present danger to children.

The logic side of me agrees with this 100%. But regardless of what it might cost, I would rather live in a free society one that does not regulate when or how I pass on my genes.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Very tragic, never noticed anything wrong? No words. I'm guessing the Homeopathic Dr. that said they were doing alright with him can be held accountable too?

IMO while for holistic/alternative options some of these haven't been on the market to the mainstream long enough for appropriate study results. Not that those studies are favored by alphabet agencies as it is, leaving a lot of mistrust with consumers as well.

A Google search? That's just going to bring what you want to hear most of the time especially if your convictions are set.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

The problem is how do you go about that without crossing into eugenics? There's already shortage of babies(and pushed back to later in life where there's more pregnancy complications) being born in developed countries. Doesn't mean people will abide with such rules, making it probably even more difficult for the potentially good parents as well as the honest ones numbers may dwindle more so.
edit on 19-5-2017 by dreamingawake because: added quote

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Wow if your ideology and attitude is the prevailing future then just kill me now!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

To be fair, the story is three years old and very vague to start with. There is no mention of the OPs claim that the parents diagnosed their own baby with anything.

That's fabricated entirely by the OP, which is a habitual practice. If it isn't juicy enough, just make up lies and leave the source off the OP. There was a reason I asked for a source.😉 See how easy it was to get people hating on these parents with a few lies and misdirection? Gotta watch people like that because they like to stir # up.

There are genetic and congenital metabolic disorders that cause this precise symptom set. And babies with them cannot tolerate most formula or breast milk.

We run a comprehensive blood screen at birth and two weeks after that is required by every state in this country, but it may not even be available in theirs. The mother's mention of fluctuating weight is a huge indicator that there's a disease process at work here. These babies often do not live past the first year because they waste away, and short of a peg tube, there's no way to feed them. They're sickly and dehydrated, and become anemic, which impairs their ability to breathe.

My brother was one of them. And the only treatment was steroids and a high calorie alternate food, and hope he made it past the age of five. He had allergies on top of that, and drank goat milk because it was the only thing that would stay down. He was an emaciated, sickly baby and only weighed fifteen lbs when he was two years old. But he lived, and now he's actually a great fat thing but he looked like a crane the majority of his life...if he turned sideways, he'd be invisible.

I feel for these parents. It is clear that the article was written to make them sound abusive and ignorant; it makes natural medicine sound like it's just a bunch of dumb hippies playing with things they don't understand, because it fits their narrative to ridicule these people. Can't have things that grow out of the ground outselling synthetic, overpriced chemicals...no we can't.

Anyway, it's an old story, but maybe the negative intent of lying to get people mad today at some young parents who lost their baby three years ago will do something positive and help someone who might not know about wasting diseases in infants and is being unfairly accused of starving their baby too.

I just saw you fell for it and thought I'd warn you. Things are almost never what they seem to be on the face of it. People will lie about all kinds of stupid # these days. No shame, either. Watch, you'll see what I mean. Cheers.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
It is a shame that these people who run a natural food store are so uninformed and unwilling to do a simple google search.

I think that's the problem. They probably spent their life on Google and became increasingly convinced they were doing the right thing.

This is very sad and demonstrates a tragic level of ignorance.

No doubt people will blame the social workers.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I feel bad for everyone involved in this. These parents must feel awful. But who puts a baby on a f*cking diet in the first place???

Something just doesn't seem right about this. It takes a time to dehydrate or starve. How the hell do you not attend to your baby enough to know that's happening???

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Very tragic, never noticed anything wrong? No words. I'm guessing the Homeopathic Dr. that said they were doing alright with him can be held accountable too?

If this was a fair world than yes that fake doctor would be in prison.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

To be fair, the story is three years old and very vague to start with. There is no mention of the OPs claim that the parents diagnosed their own baby with anything.

That's fabricated entirely by the OP, which is a habitual practice. If it isn't juicy enough, just make up lies and leave the source off the OP. There was a reason I asked for a source.😉 See how easy it was to get people hating on these parents with a few lies and misdirection? Gotta watch people like that because they like to stir # up.

There are genetic and congenital metabolic disorders that cause this precise symptom set. And babies with them cannot tolerate most formula or breast milk.

We run a comprehensive blood screen at birth and two weeks after that is required by every state in this country, but it may not even be available in theirs. The mother's mention of fluctuating weight is a huge indicator that there's a disease process at work here. These babies often do not live past the first year because they waste away, and short of a peg tube, there's no way to feed them. They're sickly and dehydrated, and become anemic, which impairs their ability to breathe.

My brother was one of them. And the only treatment was steroids and a high calorie alternate food, and hope he made it past the age of five. He had allergies on top of that, and drank goat milk because it was the only thing that would stay down. He was an emaciated, sickly baby and only weighed fifteen lbs when he was two years old. But he lived, and now he's actually a great fat thing but he looked like a crane the majority of his life...if he turned sideways, he'd be invisible.

I feel for these parents. It is clear that the article was written to make them sound abusive and ignorant; it makes natural medicine sound like it's just a bunch of dumb hippies playing with things they don't understand, because it fits their narrative to ridicule these people. Can't have things that grow out of the ground outselling synthetic, overpriced chemicals...no we can't.

Anyway, it's an old story, but maybe the negative intent of lying to get people mad today at some young parents who lost their baby three years ago will do something positive and help someone who might not know about wasting diseases in infants and is being unfairly accused of starving their baby too.

I just saw you fell for it and thought I'd warn you. Things are almost never what they seem to be on the face of it. People will lie about all kinds of stupid # these days. No shame, either. Watch, you'll see what I mean. Cheers.

It is vague, was also the problem I've see with it, age of it and non English-harder to find original sources. Wonder if the intent was to cut down alternative medicine? Both sides of that pro and against have followings.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Two adults have a child that neither one wants. So they starve the little thing. Then take it to a doctor that won't throw their ass in jail for neglect. If they went to the proper hospital. The parents wouldn't have left that building with their child and they knew that. That's why they take the baby across the country to a doc who I guess doesn't give a #.

Don't believe their words. They murdered their baby....that child's stomach was empty....the cries....I'd bet that child screamed to the point of breathing problems...I know the baby couldn't comprehend but I can just imagine that child is screaming for food strapped to a chair and the parents, that the baby is forced to look up to, just look at him with a smile then they go back on their phones or tv or work....evil. pure and simple.

They got what they truly wanted. May they have no children in the future. Special diet....wtf...not stupidity not at all. Pre meditated murder. No ands, ifs or buts about it.
edit on 19-5-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: darn thumbs and tiny keys

top topics

<<   2 >>

join