It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaffetz to resign, raising doubts about Trump probe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: scraedtosleep

bleh. The two party system is an abomination. I feel like the Democrats have as much power as ever thanks to the media.

Both parties suck...no good reason to look to one of them to remedy anything.

I said dem or an independent. Personally I would rather an independent get the set, because your right.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
Somehow, someway, somebody got to this kid and ran him out town on a rail.
Nobody and I mean nobody gives up that kinda power inside the beltway voluntarily.

Buck

I agree with that 100%. Chaffetz has been very high profile...and now all of a sudden, he quits? Lindsay Graham said today that the House/Senate investigative committees are angry and insulted that a Special Council was put in place to do their job. But to quit Congress all-together? It just might be due to a legitimate personal reason.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Do some digging on him being challenged on the cover up of the deaths of Seal Team 6 under Obama! Yea, he is jumping ship because he isn't as admirable as the television and his rhetoric portrays him!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Watch for an EO in the next week requiring every sitting senator and congressman, every white house staff member and all appointees, to go through an ethics (financial and otherwise) review or examination. All the rats might start jumping ship lol

Cheers - Dave

That is a damn good way to get the GOP running in terror. Look at all the crap uncovered about the Trump nominees missing/lying/forgeting information and not completing ethics checks.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Didn't he announce this weeks ago?

He said he was resigning siting family issues as the reason. Just before he got his foot operated on.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: flatbush71
Somehow, someway, somebody got to this kid and ran him out town on a rail.
Nobody and I mean nobody gives up that kinda power inside the beltway voluntarily.

Buck

I agree with that 100%. Chaffetz has been very high profile...and now all of a sudden, he quits? Lindsay Graham said today that the House/Senate investigative committees are angry and insulted that a Special Council was put in place to do their job. But to quit Congress all-together? It just might be due to a legitimate personal reason.

If you watched Chaffetz being interviewed yesterday, it was clear he was totally pissed at the appointment of the Special Counsel and also the lack of power his Committee had to hold people to account. Still, I think it's a problem when Congressmen and Senators spend so much time on their investigations. They should devote a lot more time to getting things done on policy. I always sense these committee's they seem to constantly run, investigating everything and anything, is done purely to feed their need for power and influence. They seem to get off on it.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Shame, I like that guy.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I don't buy it. Something's coming-and fast. Hard to tell from where or what - plus this year has been messy but also has opened the eyes of the American people-although we will never know the truth-we just know now more than ever about the deceit put upon us by power hungry Congress, etc.

Take cover-more filth coming our way-and yes, many more rats jumping ship-from both parties.

This may be the best thing Trump does in his presidency-exposing the really bad rats-cause they are all vermin.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Why does every event have to be the end of the world?

What I just went through felt like the end of my world.

This man stepping down is what you all want all of Legislature to do; but yet, it's the end of the world when one person does it.

Please. Don't be like that.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Political circus aside, I would probably resign also if my same healthcare and paycheck kept coming as before.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
if my memory is correct, one of those house investigation meetings that was televised outlined how the russians had hacked more than just the hillary's campaign, and some have come foreward to say that they were also compromised...
ya know, judges, congress members, ect...
it's quite possible that chaffetz has been compromised and russia has something that they are trying to hold over him and removing himself from the washington scene is either preparation for russia dropping the bomb or him cutting the puppet strings.

if it's him just hoping that it would cut the strings then I have to say he is showing more integrity that most of the gang in washington is showing.

by the way, I really don't like him, so after saying all that is am quite happy to say goodbye to the guy!!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
He announced over a month ago he wouldnt seek reelection
www.wsj.com...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Two things come to mind... rats and sinking ships.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Aunty Maxine knows why he's leaving, it's Chaffetz connections to the Kremlin

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Sounds like part of the coup attempt against Trump. Maybe "they" got something on him and need him out of the way!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well said.
a reply to: Idreamofme

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Watch for an EO in the next week requiring every sitting senator and congressman, every white house staff member and all appointees, to go through an ethics (financial and otherwise) review or examination. All the rats might start jumping ship lol

Cheers - Dave

That is a damn good way to get the GOP running in terror. Look at all the crap uncovered about the Trump nominees missing/lying/forgeting information and not completing ethics checks.

I just figure it is a fair and unbiased manner in which to weed out the criminals on both sides.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes, apparently he did announce he would not seek reelection and would be focusing on a run for the governorship of his state.

I took a hiatus from ATS for a while and missed much that had been reported other than the highest profile stories and so missed Chaffetz initial announcement.

I think perhaps I will look into the topic seeker suggests and see what there might be to find.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Are you saying that Chaffetz was chafing? Sorry ... couldn't help it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join