It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lindsey Graham: Trump-Russia investigation has evolved into a ‘criminal investigation’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) said after a closed-door Senate meeting on Thursday that the federal investigation into alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian operatives now appears to be a criminal investigation.

What does this even mean?

Rosenstein gave the impression that recently-appointed special counsel Robert Mueller was treating the investigation as a criminal matter, Graham explained. Graham also said Trump should honor the Justice Department’s decision to appoint a special counsel to oversee the investigation.

I hope it means that witnesses will be sworn in and subject to law instead of just being interviewed. And a broader scope of witnesses to call.

edit on 18-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

this simply means Lindsey Graham/Robert Mueller are now public enemy #1 to the trumpoholics.

i.e. "Graham is a secret liberal", " Mueller is a secret agent for the Dems" , " 'they' never liked Graham anyway" oh and 'Obama', just for good measure.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I automatically assumed the special prosecutor was designated to investigate a criminal matter - as in someone has breached the law and Constitution and done something illegal, prosecutable, punishable?

What other type of investigation would take up airwaves and internet searches 24/7 and leave certain journalists frothing and dribbling from their mouths?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Lol keep hoping. Its sad really, sHillary obviously commited criminal acts...the whole country witness to it, and you folks get all a quiver over an obvious snow job.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

With Lieberman quite possibly heading the FBI soon. Good times!!

@the OP.

Based on your quotes I was about to call BS. However:

“It was a counterintelligence investigation before now. It seems to me now to be considered a criminal investigation,” he said after a meeting with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

Not sure I trust play dough face, but if that's where the facts lead........

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I automatically assumed the special prosecutor was designated to investigate a criminal matter - as in someone has breached the law and Constitution and done something illegal, prosecutable, punishable?

What other type of investigation would take up airwaves and internet searches 24/7 and leave certain journalists frothing and dribbling from their mouths?

Logic for the win

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

You're a fortune teller now? You're talking in absolutes about what people are going to do. Are you God?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

this simply means Lindsey Graham/Robert Mueller are now public enemy #1 to the trumpoholics.

i.e. "Graham is a secret liberal", " Mueller is a secret agent for the Dems" , " 'they' never liked Graham anyway" oh and 'Obama', just for good measure.

You forgot the "But HILLARY!!" dismissal/deflection, too. See post a few above mine ^^

Edit: You all are damn quick to hit submit.
edit on 5/18/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

My bad. I misread your post.
edit on 18-5-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

"Mueller is a secret agent for the Dems"

Mueller is more than a secret agent, he was the top dog in the FBI, who helped covered up many of the 911 crimes.

Mueller is no different than "Henry Kissinger", who the Bush administration wanted to be head of the 9/11 Commission.

You see where this is going.

edit on 18-5-2017 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

link   
Can't be all that "closed door" if o'l Lindsey spillled the beans...to the propaganda minister/ministers after the fact. If you heard about it? Chances are, it is fake news or propaganda. You/we "hear" only what's "allowed". Kinda like "freedom". It's only what you're told it is..nothing more, nothing less.

link   

Facts arent deflections. Trumped up charges (see what I did there?) are...Hillary is the only other person that woulf held this position...and she was guilty before she even ran.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Facts arent deflections. Trumped up charges (see what I did there?) are...Hillary is the only other person that woulf held this position...and she was guilty before she even ran.

Investigate, determine guilt or innocence, then fry their asses or not. Standard process in the US, no bones about it. Readies TV infomercial voice
BUT WAIT!! This is 'Murica, where you can buy your way out of damn near anything if you're a connected or rich enough person with sway. Guess what those two dips#s have for their aces up sleeves?

+10 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Why does Trump get all the special attention?

Benghazi, 4 Dead Americans: No special prosecutor
IRS Targeting of Conservatives: No special prosecutor
Fast & Furious, 1 dead American: No special prosecutor
$400 Billion in Cash & Gold to Iran in the middle of the night: No special prosecutor
Trading Terrorist Generals for Bergdahl, who was determined to be a traitor and convert to Islam: No special prosecutor
Hillary Clinton and staff hiding a server in her basement then deleting emails & destroying devices after having received a subpoena for said emails & devices: No special prosecutor
Democrats just want justice???

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Wasn't the Iran one us giving them back their rightful property plus interest incurred decades after seizing it? I would call that righting a major Idiot-level wrong, not criminal.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
Why does Trump get all the special attention?

Benghazi, 4 Dead Americans: No special prosecutor
IRS Targeting of Conservatives: No special prosecutor
Fast & Furious, 1 dead American: No special prosecutor
$400 Billion in Cash & Gold to Iran in the middle of the night: No special prosecutor
Trading Terrorist Generals for Bergdahl, who was determined to be a traitor and convert to Islam: No special prosecutor
Hillary Clinton and staff hiding a server in her basement then deleting emails & destroying devices after having received a subpoena for said emails & devices: No special prosecutor
Democrats just want justice???

WOW xcan only give you one star

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Wasn't the Iran one us giving them back their rightful property plus interest incurred decades after seizing it? I would call that righting a major Idiot-level wrong, not criminal.

Well sure if you buy into the big ol pile of BULL SH*T.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Exactly

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Nyiah

Well sure if you buy into the big ol pile of BULL SH*T.

More like common sense. I don't believe we ever had the right to seize their money in the first place back then, so the interest is appropriate & fair compensation after holding it hostage for so long.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Oh like THEM HOLDING AMERICAN CITIZENS HOSTAGE?
Jeeziz
Were you alive then? They held people prisoner, one from my hometown...whats the interest on that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join