It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONFIRMED - President Trump DID NOT ask FBI Director Comey To Drop Any Investigations.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well what I'm getting at, is why would Comey (assuming this conversation actually took place and having possession of his memo) publically taunt Trump like that?

We know what Trump wanted (the case against Flynn dropped), but what did Comey want?

I mean obviously he thought he had some leverage on Trump at the time, and he wasn't spilling the beans.

So what did he want?

edit on 19-5-2017 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Chavettz is the chair of the House Oversight Committee, think he wants to be in charge of taking down his own team?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

This is your idea of a joke, right?

When you believe anything Trump answered as "truthfully"....then I think we've lost you.....What has "blown up..." as you say...has blown up in HIS face...and continues minute by minute.

Best we can hope for is America slams the door on him while he's out of the country....

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
No one tells the FBI what to do, that would be a big deal. Im just gonna leave this here:

The bureau made “multiple requests at different levels,” according to Comey, but ultimately struck an agreement with the DNC that a “highly respected private company” would get access and share what it found with investigators.

“We’d always prefer to have access hands-on ourselves if that’s possible,” Comey said, noting that he didn’t know why the DNC rebuffed the FBI’s request.

thehill.com...

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So he lied under oath?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Hold your horses there, wait until after memorial day when Comey testifies. Then you can call this a libtard witch hunt or what have you, except...RUSSIA did interfere in AMERICAN ELECTIONS so says 17 intelligence agencies who started this sh*t before the election. Seeing as James Comey is a former republican and the average person in law enforcement is conservative. Are you calling all these conservatives liars, because they're the same people that pressured Comey into talking openly about Hillary Clinton's email investigation.

I will not argue with you that the left media is pushing this Trump-Russian collusion angle on people and I don't believe Trump personally colluded with any Russian entity to alter the election. HOWEVER, Trump's dumb a*s refuses to believe the Russians did anything. And there where in lies his problem: he should continue denying any collusion with Russia but to deny or ignore a foreign adversary meddling in your elections is where he just keeps digging the hole deeper and deeper. And it looks suspicious as HELL. Republicans used to always bash Obama for not being tough on Russia, he created sanctions and kicked Russian diplomats and spies out. Trump invites Russian spies into the oval office and ignores anything that has to do with Russians meddling in the American election. Is it weird that John Kerry has more of a backbone than Rex Tillerson? Because he also never said sh*t about it.

AGAIN I don't believe that Trump colluded with Russia. But the optics are terrible! Trump is going to shoot himself in the foot trying to stamp down all these stories. My guess is the next step is to smear Comey or turn on a dime and be a d*ck to Russia, those are his only outs I see lol.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

What Russia did has no bearing on what Trump did.

Now as to your assertion, a witness coming forward with proof of an accused person's guilt is 'interfering' in the trial, but if the interference is merely bringing truth to light I don't think any of us are against that.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

You really need to ease up on the god crap.

How self absorbed and delusional does one have to be to think that a god would intervene in politics.

Just as bad as the Muslims you no doubt fear...

You actually think you have a right to tell people what they should believe in?

How self absorbed is it for some people to think that there is no being greater than themselves. That they are the top of the chain and there is nothing else than their own grandiose self.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Even if the question was about the attorney general and the DOJ, Comey had a chance to say that the person with the highest office in the administration did tell him to stop the investigation... But Comey said that had never happened in his experience, and it would have been a big deal.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Blah blah blah.

Still butthurt over the whooping in your cannibalism thread huh?

Brainwashed god botherer.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Even if the question was about the attorney general and the DOJ, Comey had a chance to say that the person with the highest office in the administration did tell him to stop the investigation... But Comey said that had never happened in his experience, and it would have been a big deal.

Comey knows what he's doing. He remembers his testimony. The question was specific to the DOJ and he had no reason to volunteer anything after that. Comey knows the courtroom and there is no way he would contradict himself like people are suggesting.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Derailing another thread huh?... Anyways, my statement still stands, if the OP believes in God and wants to make a blessing, he/she has a right to it. More so with all the BS that the DNC and their fans are doing and trying to pass as truth. But I know that the high horse mentality people like you have makes you blind to the rights of others.
edit on 21-5-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Comey knows what he's doing. He remembers his testimony. The question was specific to the DOJ and he had no reason to volunteer anything after that. Comey knows the courtroom and there is no way he would contradict himself like people are suggesting.

That makes no sense. If it is true that President Trump told him to stop the investigation Comey has an obligation to make it known, more so during a hearing that is about whether senior government officials have told him to stop an investigation.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

We don't know what Trump allegedly said to Comey.

We do know what the testimony Comey gave, and it was about the DOJ, not POTUS.

HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?
COMEY: In theory yes.
HIRONO: Has it happened?
COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that — without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don’t see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I’m talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It’s not happened in my experience.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

So you think that if in an investigation a witness is asked whether anyone from one department within the government asked the FBI to stop an investigation, that person is not going to mention that someone else from another government office, the highest member in office in the executive branch did indeed ask the FBI to stop the investigation if it had happened?

Not to mention, has Comey come forward to claim the memo is real?

But Im talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. Its not happened in my experience.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

So you think that if in an investigation a witness is asked whether anyone from one department within the government asked the FBI to stop an investigation, that person is not going to mention that someone else from another government office, the highest member in office in the executive branch did indeed ask the FBI to stop the investigation if it had happened?

Yes that is correct, the question was directly relating to the DOJ. He was under no obligation to volunteer any further details about anyone else. This whole memo thing will be resolved soon hopefully. Maybe there are tapes of what went on that day.

As far as you taking that one part of the exchange during the testimony, there is a rule called Completeness of Evidence. You can't just take part of the exchange and use it to further your agenda, doesn't work like that. If you don't provide the complete quote, it don't mean much of anything, and I think we all know that.

edit on 21-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Asking Comey to terminate an investigation for political purposes is only "a big deal" or "troubling", only if the request comes from someone in the entity that the question pertains to? Nah..

Comey would have some serious explaining to do if he says that Trump asked him to stop the Flynn/Russian investigation 2 months ago, but.

1. Trump's request wasn't "a big deal"

or

2. Trump's request was troubling and a big deal, but he didn't report it to his DOJ superiors.

Comey has pretty much painted himself into a corner, UNLESS he says that President Trump did NOT ask him to terminate any Russia-related investigation.

But no matter what Comey's answer is to that question, one side will believe him, and the other side will not. Not after so many flip-flops, ambiguities, and mis-speaks from James Comey these past 10 months.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

But no matter what Comey's answer is to that question, one side will believe him, and the other side will not. Not after so many flip-flops, ambiguities, and mis-speaks from James Comey these past 10 months.

New rule, surgically implanted body cams for anyone elected to office.

Like really, if Comey has a memo, so what? He could have written down anything he wanted at any time.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Hey, OP, are you kidding us? Because the accused says he didn't commit the crime, we should determine that the accused is innocent? Is that the logic of the 'poorly educated' ?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
At this point can't we all agree that its overwhelming likely Comey faked his 'firing' to make Trump look bad?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join