It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONFIRMED - President Trump DID NOT ask FBI Director Comey To Drop Any Investigations.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Is this OP a joke?

When Bill Clinton was asked point bland.. "did you have an affair with Monica?"
He said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

When Richard Nixon was asked about watergate he said..
"I am not a crook"

When George Bush was asked why we went to Iraq.. it was for..
"Weapons of Mass Destruction"

So please.. tell me..

How am I supposed to believe Trump, when faced with allegations of a potential crime when he says essentially.. "Im innocent!"

The dude is going down

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

Because the "ones at the top" know they have enough Morans (sic)TM. willing to vote against their own self interest & elect a scumbag like trump.

Both Hillary and Trump are against our own self-interests. Don't forget that more useful idiots came out and voted for her. One of the 48 laws of power is to control the options and give us the illusion of a choice.

And I really hope you don't think Bernie would've been any different.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Try again, I been a voter since 1978 I have plenty of politics and fair share of presidents, I know what is going on in our nation.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

The dude is going down

You're just a glutton for disappointment aren't ya? Keep dreaming.

The best thing liberals can do right now is sit down, STFU, and give Trump all the rope he needs to hang himself.

Foaming at the mouth like a pack of rabid dogs is why ya'll lost in the first place.

edit on 18-5-2017 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Oh boy, you think god has anything to do with Trump..or Trump has anything to do with god?
You are a smart poster but you ruin it with that crap.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Oh boy, you think god has anything to do with Trump..or Trump has anything to do with god?
You are a smart poster but you ruin it with that crap.

I'm an agnostic and that didn't bother me at all. There are good people of sincere faith out there. I have no problem with that. i actually gave "Care..." an "Amen!" myself

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Lol, I dunno..I find it irritating but it's all good

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Thursday, May2.)

"On May 3rd, FBI Director Comey was asked (under oath) if anyone in authority had requested that he close an investigation, for political purposes."

No. Not 'anyone in authority', she asked SPECIFICALLY if AG or any senior official at the DOJ opposes an investigation could they stop it?

Trump's name was NOT included in that question. He does NOT work for the DOJ.

Comey told the truth based on her question. This doesn't clear Trump of what a respected 26 year veteran of the FBI wrote about Trump in his memos.

edit on 5 18 2017 by Kevinquisitor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
"CONFIRMED - President Trump DID NOT ask FBI Director Comey To Drop Any Investigations."

That's nice.
Did you expect Trump to say yes he did?

" I think even the most mentally challenged Trump-haters can comprehend that response."
That's childish and not necessary.
Really insults and name calling?

"MAY GOD CONTINUE TO PROTECT and ASSIST PRESIDENT TRUMP IN MAKING AMERICA EVEN GREATER! "
God has nothing to do with any of this.
I'd think he would be more focused on Africa or something.

And Trump making America great again?
You do realize it begins with you, not Trumps tweets.

Umm... Africans are probably hoping that God spends more time correcting us so that we can be good friends.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
For once I agree with you.

originally posted by: Black_Fox
"CONFIRMED - President Trump DID NOT ask FBI Director Comey To Drop Any Investigations."

That's nice.
Did you expect Trump to say yes he did?

" I think even the most mentally challenged Trump-haters can comprehend that response."
That's childish and not necessary.
Really insults and name calling?

"MAY GOD CONTINUE TO PROTECT and ASSIST PRESIDENT TRUMP IN MAKING AMERICA EVEN GREATER! "
God has nothing to do with any of this.
I'd think he would be more focused on Africa or something.

And Trump making America great again?
You do realize it begins with you, not Trumps tweets.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That's fine. Now we have agreement from Comey AND Trump. CASE CLOSED. More egg-on-face for liberal media and liberals in general.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Straight-Arrow James Comey said that he would report to his superiors (the DOJ) if any high-ranking official asked him to drop an investigation for political reasons. Donald Trump is a "high ranking" official.

If President Trump asked James Comey to drop an investigation...ANY investigation, and he did NOT report that to his bosses at the DOJ, then Comey's credibility slips from 0 to -1.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Kali74

1) It didn't happen because he denied it?

2) Comey wasn't asked about whether he was asked to drop any investigation, he was asked if he has been asked to drop the Russia collusion investigation. Comey's memo stated that Trump said he hoped Comey would drop the Flynn investigation.

There is no memo.

But there WILL BE a memo. The FBI has the best tools in the world for identifying forgeries. Most likely, these same tools can be used to create a perfect Memo. On Police television dramas, it's called "planting evidence", I believe.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Straight-Arrow James Comey said that he would report to his superiors (the DOJ) if any high-ranking official asked him to drop an investigation for political reasons. Donald Trump is a "high ranking" official.

If President Trump asked James Comey to drop an investigation...ANY investigation, and he did NOT report that to his bosses at the DOJ, then Comey's credibility slips from 0 to -1.

No, it doesn't work like that.

If the memo is a real and an accurate portrayal of Comey's February conversation with Trump — in which the president reportedly expressed to Comey that he hoped the FBI director could "let go" of the investigation into Flynn because he was a "good" person — it is but one piece of the puzzle in terms of a potential obstruction of justice charge, not the full thing.

In other words, the comment alone may or may not have been something that could be considered obstruction of justice. But coupled with Trump's reported request of Comey to take a loyalty pledge, his recent firing of Comey, and his subsequent admission that the Russia investigation was part of his rationale for firing him, all of a sudden that February comment looks much more like obstruction of justice than it would have at the time.

Link

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

MAY GOD CONTINUE TO PROTECT and ASSIST PRESIDENT TRUMP IN MAKING AMERICA EVEN GREATER!

You really need to ease up on the god crap.

How self absorbed and delusional does one have to be to think that a god would intervene in politics.

Just as bad as the Muslims you no doubt fear...

I do the "god crap" for multiple reasons, ChadWickus. Here are 4. I believe that:

1. America was founded on GODLY principles.

2. GOD enabled Americans to see how selfishly arrogant and sickly Hillary is.

3. GOD enabled the right Americans to take a chance, and vote for a non-politician who wants the best for all Americans, but has no experience in "the system".

4. Even with no political experience, GOD is enabling the President of the country founded on GODLY principles, to persevere the attacks from the Evil empire, and stay focused on fulfilling campaign promises.

The story is still in progress...but so far, so good!

edit on 5/18/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

If..IF...IFFFF there is a Comey Memo. And that Memo says, "President Trump asked me to Drop the Micheal Flynn investigation today. What an arsehole!"

WHAT THEN?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kevinquisitor

No. Not 'anyone in authority', she asked SPECIFICALLY if AG or any senior official at the DOJ opposes an investigation could they stop it?

You're absolutely correct, but I want you to take note of the fact that Comey mentioned twice in his answer that it would "be a big deal" if someone had asked him to stop an investigation for political reasons.

In hindsight, do you think that could've been a veiled threat directed at Trump or do you think that was just a coincidence?

edit on 19-5-2017 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

If..IF...IFFFF there is a Comey Memo. And that Memo says, "President Trump asked me to Drop the Micheal Flynn investigation today. What an arsehole!"

WHAT THEN?

There will be a memo, we can be certain of that.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Kevinquisitor

You're absolutely correct, but I want you to take note of the fact that Comey mentioned twice in his answer that it would be a big deal.

In hindsight, do you think that could've been a veiled threat directed at Trump or do you think that was just a coincidence?

Exactly right. Would Comey NOT see it as a "big deal" if Trump asked him to terminate his investigation into Flynn..or anything else, for political reasons? Of course not.

But then again, Comey did show compassion to Hillary, because she was mentally deficient in key areas.

So who knows.. You don't get to be the head of the FBI unless you're EXTREMELY crafty. In that regard, Comey and Trump are birds of a feather, which may be why they enjoyed having Valentines Day dinner together.
edit on 5/19/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

WHAT THEN?

There will be a memo, we can be certain of that.

""In an interview with "Good Morning America" on Thursday, Rep. Jason Chaffetz, the Republican chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, expressed skepticism about memos attributed by several news outlets to now- former FBI Director James Comey and expressed hope that Comey will give testimony in "the light of day, in a public setting."

"I think in the light of day in a public setting, he should be able to tell us about the materials, if they're there, and I question whether or not they're actually there," Chaffetz said, adding that Comey has yet to respond to a request for public testimony, which Chaffetz hopes to schedule for next week.""

I think Jason Chaffetz announced that he was taking an early retirement, within hours of appearing on Good Moaning America today. Things that make you go hmmmm...

edit on 5/19/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join