It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONFIRMED - President Trump DID NOT ask FBI Director Comey To Drop Any Investigations.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

"Sketchy enough to document" does not equal obstruction of justice. If the news reporting had been more measured there would be no problem.

What does the news reporting about it have to do with the reality of what happened though? Was his statement by itself obstruction of justice? I think it's too open to interpretation as quoted but it's just one part of the over all picture and let's not pretend that words can't take on a new significance in hindsight.

Here's another scenario:

Person A is doing something that Person B doesn't like. Person B says to Person A, "If you don't stop what you're doing, you're not going to like what happens."

The statement is ambiguous enough that one could interpret it as something other than a threat.

Person A pays no heed to person B and keeps doing whatever it is that Person B doesn't appreciate. After a week of this, Person B murders Person A and says, "I didn't like what you were doing."

Instantly, all of those possible interpretations existing prior to the murder have for all intents and purposes been reduced to just one. The previously ambiguous statement is now clearly understood to have been a threat.

In the same fashion, Trump's statement could be interpreted various ways but it's clear that he's expressing to Comey that he would like for Comey to not investigate Flynn. Comey did not kill the investigation. We can all agree on that, right?

With the FBI investigation ongoing, Comey has been fired. Clearly the WH communications people knew that the optics were bad. Can we agree that a reasonable person might assume that the optics would be bad? So they came out, specifically Sarah Huckabee Sanders, and tried to pin the firing on the recommendation of Rosenstein. Perhaps more importantly, the extremely terse and transparently contrived Comey termination letter states that the termination follows President Trump accepting the recommendation from Rosenstein. It also includes the awkward bit about thanking Comey for informing Trump that he wasn't under investigation.

I know that in your heart of hearts, you realize how painfully contrived that line was.

But Trump is a loose cannon and in the Lester Holt interview, he blows up the recommendation narrative and says from his own mouth that as he was deciding to fire Comey, he was thinking about the investigation and how it was all a hoax or witchhunt or whatever (I'm sure you've read the quote). He also said twice that he was going to fire Comey regardless of the recommendation.

That wasn't too smart. And now, Rosenstein has briefed members of Congress and told that them that before the recommendation was written, he was already made aware that Comey's termination was imminent. So that means that the WH narrative the day after the termination was bull#. Right? Just as Trump told Holt, Comey was being canned regardless. What we've now learned is that the recommendation wasn't even a factor as it came after the decision to pull the trigger had been made.

So what are we left with? We know that Trump wanted Comey to drop the investigation. If the Comey memo is legit and accurate, Trump cleared out a room and made this point known in a 1-on-1 conversation. We know that Comey didn't kill the investigation. We know that Comey was fired. We know that the WH spokespeople immediately launched a false narrative about the recommendation being the cause after he was fired. We also have Trump's admission to Holt that when he made that decision, he was thinking about the FBI investigation that he wanted stopped.

Without the Comey memo, there is a prima facie case for obstruction of justice in the firing of Comey because of what Trump said to Holt. The Comey memo is just potentially strengthens it. To what degree is up for each person to decide.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: SBMcG

this is just another example of the desperate, panicked, frenzied left throwing sh_t at the wall to see what will stick.

You guys should mass brand that on your foreheads.

No need - it is already obvious enough from the daily behaviour of many on the left. If they ever learn how to take a breath and step back a bit, they'll see it for themselves (and be somewhat embarrassed).
edit on 18/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Time will tell and probably sooner rather than later.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Later. This will take at least a year.
Plenty of time now to get on with the agenda.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Say the Trump supporters as they choke on thick, black smoke.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

"Sketchy enough to document" does not equal obstruction of justice. If the news reporting had been more measured there would be no problem.

What does the news reporting about it have to do with the reality of what happened though? Was his statement by itself obstruction of justice? I think it's too open to interpretation as quoted but it's just one part of the over all picture and let's not pretend that words can't take on a new significance in hindsight.

Here's another scenario:

Person A is doing something that Person B doesn't like. Person B says to Person A, "If you don't stop what you're doing, you're not going to like what happens."

The statement is ambiguous enough that one could interpret it as something other than a threat.

Person A pays no heed to person B and keeps doing whatever it is that Person B doesn't appreciate. After a week of this, Person B murders Person A and says, "I didn't like what you were doing."

Instantly, all of those possible interpretations existing prior to the murder have for all intents and purposes been reduced to just one. The previously ambiguous statement is now clearly understood to have been a threat.

In the same fashion, Trump's statement could be interpreted various ways but it's clear that he's expressing to Comey that he would like for Comey to not investigate Flynn. Comey did not kill the investigation. We can all agree on that, right?

With the FBI investigation ongoing, Comey has been fired. Clearly the WH communications people knew that the optics were bad. Can we agree that a reasonable person might assume that the optics would be bad? So they came out, specifically Sarah Huckabee Sanders, and tried to pin the firing on the recommendation of Rosenstein. Perhaps more importantly, the extremely terse and transparently contrived Comey termination letter states that the termination follows President Trump accepting the recommendation from Rosenstein. It also includes the awkward bit about thanking Comey for informing Trump that he wasn't under investigation.

I know that in your heart of hearts, you realize how painfully contrived that line was.

But Trump is a loose cannon and in the Lester Holt interview, he blows up the recommendation narrative and says from his own mouth that as he was deciding to fire Comey, he was thinking about the investigation and how it was all a hoax or witchhunt or whatever (I'm sure you've read the quote). He also said twice that he was going to fire Comey regardless of the recommendation.

That wasn't too smart. And now, Rosenstein has briefed members of Congress and told that them that before the recommendation was written, he was already made aware that Comey's termination was imminent. So that means that the WH narrative the day after the termination was bull#. Right? Just as Trump told Holt, Comey was being canned regardless. What we've now learned is that the recommendation wasn't even a factor as it came after the decision to pull the trigger had been made.

So what are we left with? We know that Trump wanted Comey to drop the investigation. If the Comey memo is legit and accurate, Trump cleared out a room and made this point known in a 1-on-1 conversation. We know that Comey didn't kill the investigation. We know that Comey was fired. We know that the WH spokespeople immediately launched a false narrative about the recommendation being the cause after he was fired. We also have Trump's admission to Holt that when he made that decision, he was thinking about the FBI investigation that he wanted stopped.

Without the Comey memo, there is a prima facie case for obstruction of justice in the firing of Comey because of what Trump said to Holt. The Comey memo is just potentially strengthens it. To what degree is up for each person to decide.

We agree that Trump's comment was not smart.

For the rest, you are making my point. To play out such scenarios and come to the conclusion of different meanings, with zero context of the discussion in full, tone, body language, etc, there is simply no way it will be enough to find any guilt of obstruction of justice. You've kind of said so yourself.

Now that doesn't mean that more will not surface, but what we have right now (which, let's remember, is a unnamed source and an unseen memo) is not even close. The reaction by the media and also some lunatics in the Democrat party (and two Republicans) is a nonsense.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I can smell civil war in the making. DC considers Trump as an outsider due to lack of political background or not in the same league. And they can't accept their defeat with their outdated policies which got us to 18 trillion of debts and corruption.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Here's a tip to consider when you have two people claiming different things.

Look at their history. Does one have a history of lying? Does one have a history of being honest?

It can help to sort things out.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Here's a tip to consider when you have two people claiming different things.

Look at their history. Does one have a history of lying? Does one have a history of being honest?

It can help to sort things out.

The NYTimes is a great example !!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Proof at Last ! Proof at Last !

Sadly I don't think many here will get the reference....either too young or not educated enough.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I'll pose to you the same question I have posed twice today already. If nothing happens and Trump is your president for the next 4 years, will you leave? If something does happen and he's not, I will.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Anybody have any links that are not from NYT or WP of what was talk about on the briefing with Rosenstein today?

Or I have to wait for speculations, innuendos, leaks of unnamed sources and theantediluvian analysis for the truth.

No offense theantediluvian.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

a reply to: SBMcG

this is just another example of the desperate, panicked, frenzied left throwing sh_t at the wall to see what will stick.

You guys should mass brand that on your foreheads.

Why is that, dear?

Facts are facts. If you have facts to support your position, please, by all means, let's have them.

Because right now, there is ZERO evidence to support the leftist claim that Trump tried to obstruct justice. Yet they are still beating the dead horse like there is [SMDH]...

edit on 18-5-2017 by SBMcG because: Obama is a failed dummy.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

No and I don't want you to leave either, jerk.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Oh, my gosh ATSers lighten up, we are nothing but the small group at the bottom of the food chain, while we are fighting here each other on a will of words and with information that is not even reliable, those at the top have their rich lives and everyday comforts far and away from us.

We suffer the ones at the top thrives.

Don't let all this political crap destroy your lives.

Is not worth it.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Anybody have any links that are not from NYT or WP of what was talk about on the briefing with Rosenstein today?

Or I have to wait for speculations, innuendos, leaks of unnamed sources and theantediluvian analysis for the truth.

No offense theantediluvian.

Several sources from inside the meeting say it's a criminal investigation now !!

Connected Russia/Democrats in for a wild surprise !!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: xuenchen
Proof at Last ! Proof at Last !

Sadly I don't think many here will get the reference....either too young or not educated enough.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Pertusis I mean Pelosi, is complaining now about Mueller appointment because he is under the Trump administration.

See if you can find anything on this. My husband said is from CNBC.

Darn it didn't took long for somebody in the democratic party to start complaining.

I guess the closed doors today didn't sounded good enough to the old hag.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Apparently there are many memos because Comey saw trump for what he is.

Comey, Unsettled by Trump, Is Said to Have Wanted Him Kept at a Distance

Mr. Comey described all of his contacts with the president and the White House — including the phone call from Mr. Trump — in detailed memos he wrote at the time and gave to his aides.

Mr. Comey has spoken privately of his concerns that the contacts from Mr. Trump and his aides were inappropriate, and how he felt compelled to resist them.

www.nytimes.com... -package-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Sure he fired Comey but that doesn't eliminate the paper trail that Comey left.
Just like the paper trail that Obama & Yates left, keeping the evidence dispersed so the Trumpinistas couldn't hide the truth.

K~

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

We suffer the ones at the top thrives.

Because the "ones at the top" know they have enough Morans (sic)TM. willing to vote against their own self interest & elect a scumbag like trump.

K~

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join