It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flynn Refuses To Honor Senate Subpoena

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Looks like it's confirmed that Michael Flynn will NOT be complying with a U.S. Senate subpoena !!

His lawyer(s) said "Nyet".

He must be waiting for that Special Counsil to "ask" nicely.

Mike Flynn Refuses To Honor Senate Subpoena

Title in Russian: Флинн отказывается честь Сената выдала

Just a few short days after receiving a subpoena from the Senate Intelligence Committee, requesting documents relevant to the Committee's investigation into Russian interference with the 2016 election, AP reports that Senator Burr, the top Republican on the committee, says that Michael Flynn's lawyers say he will not honor subpoena.

Last week, in a joint statement from Commttee chair Richard Burr (R-N.C.) and ranking member Mark Warner (D-Va.) the committee disclosed that it had first requested the documents in an April 28 letter to Flynn, but he "declined" to cooperate with the request.

The Senate Select Committee on Intelligence today issued a subpoena for former National Security Advisor Lieutenant General Michael Flynn. The subpoena requests documents relevant to the Committee's investigation into Russian interference with the 2016 election. The Committee first requested these documents in an April 28, 2017 letter to Lieutenant General Flynn, but he declined, through counsel, to cooperate with the Committee's request.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Are we sure this time?

I saw that earlier and then saw that it had been walked back because there were a few days left and Burr wasn't sure.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Yes, one of the big concern about the investigations is how much protection people will be able to get that will not be used against them later on.

That is one of the things I was wondering about.

I am sure that Flynn will be subpoena but he will go for what is best for his situation, that is why he have lawyers.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If the word "subpoena" is being properly used here, there will be a penalty attached to failing to comply.
So the chances of such a penalty being invoked?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The subpoena is for his records, I believe he has not been subpoena to testify yet.

I think the justice department with Mueller are working on some protection on those that are willing to talk.

+1 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hillary's people refused subpoenas, with no apparent consequences.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

If it's Congressional, they'll do what they did with Eric Holder, and they can vote him in contempt of Congress.

It could be that Flynn doesn't want to put himself in the same position that Scooter Libby was in where he gets railroaded over a small difference in testimony that the Special Counsel calls perjury because you know the Special Counsel will call him in to testify.

And what regrettably happens with Special Counsels is that they sometimes feel like they have to take a scalp in order to justify their appointment. There is no telling if Mueller will be this way, but the last one, Fitzgerald, was, and that's what happened to Libby.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I wonder how many will take the 5th, this became the norm under the Obama administration if we all remember.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
If the word "subpoena" is being properly used here, there will be a penalty attached to failing to comply.

Generally, when a congressional subpoena is ignored the matter moves to the courts.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Have a look here:

Understanding
Your Rights
in Response to a
Congressional
Subpoena

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The Dems shot themselves in the foot, now no witnesses will go before the House or Senate committees because their lawyers will exercise their rights of jeopardy. They got their special council now they don't have to make any statements because of the special council investigation other than to the special council.

This also frees up Congress from wasting time and taxpayer money so they can focus on passing the Trump agenda items.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Hillary's I.T. people did. One was subpoenaed, and declined, because the people in some technical discussion forum wouldn't help him remove "headers" from Clinton's e-mail. This was last Summer.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like it's confirmed that Michael Flynn will NOT be complying with a U.S. Senate subpoena !!

His lawyer(s) said "Nyet".

He must be waiting for that Special Counsil to "ask" nicely.

Mike Flynn Refuses To Honor Senate Subpoena

Title in Russian: Флинн отказывается честь Сената выдала

Just a few short days after receiving a subpoena from the Senate Intelligence Committee, requesting documents relevant to the Committee's investigation into Russian interference with the 2016 election, AP reports that Senator Burr, the top Republican on the committee, says that Michael Flynn's lawyers say he will not honor subpoena.

Last week, in a joint statement from Commttee chair Richard Burr (R-N.C.) and ranking member Mark Warner (D-Va.) the committee disclosed that it had first requested the documents in an April 28 letter to Flynn, but he "declined" to cooperate with the request.

The Senate Select Committee on Intelligence today issued a subpoena for former National Security Advisor Lieutenant General Michael Flynn. The subpoena requests documents relevant to the Committee's investigation into Russian interference with the 2016 election. The Committee first requested these documents in an April 28, 2017 letter to Lieutenant General Flynn, but he declined, through counsel, to cooperate with the Committee's request.

As one of my youngest kid's favorite shows says....."Its all part of the plan".

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

That was my take when the senators came out of the briefing on the firing on Comey talking about having too many investigations going at the same time.

Now that is going to be some protections for those that will be willing to talk the WP and the NYT will go crazy as they have made their living in lately on sensationalism.

I wonder what they will do next.

I wonder if the leaks will keep filling their head lines or the Justice department and Mueller do something about that.

edit on 18-5-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Hillary's I.T. people did. One was subpoenaed, and declined, because the people in some technical discussion forum wouldn't help him remove "headers" from Clinton's e-mail. This was last Summer.

That was funny...especially when they found his online forum posts asking how to delete emails and change headers.....but yeah...nothing shady about that right?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That would have been Paul 'stonetear' Combetta.

I also remember Bryan Pagliano not showing up when subpoenaed.

I wonder if a hue and cry will be sent up because of this action or if it will be crickets like when Hillary's people didn't show?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

You know, I actually forgot about that till you mentioned it. Boy, out of sight out of mind.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

A lot of things for the past administration has been out of sight, out of mind.

It just goes to show how powerful the concerted efforts of the press can be, both to silence and to amplify things.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
The Dems shot themselves in the foot, now no witnesses will go before the House or Senate committees because their lawyers will exercise their rights of jeopardy. They got their special council now they don't have to make any statements because of the special council investigation other than to the special council.

This also frees up Congress from wasting time and taxpayer money so they can focus on passing the Trump agenda items.

What I can't understand is how come the Dems have so much power when they are in the minority. Maybe the Dems are smarter than you are giving them credit for.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The Dems are servants to TPTB, and they serve their masters well, as does the Lamestream media.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join