It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welsh Farmer Accidentally Creates World's Hottest Chili

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

"Creates" in the title made me think he "cooked" up a 10-alarm batch! Like, "Breaking Bad Chili" or something! lol

2.48 Million Scoville is hot! (Tabasco is a wimpy 2,000 for comparison).

Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The scientists believe that if you tried to actually eat this chili, your airways would likely close up from the burn and you’d go into anaphylactic shock and die. However, that doesn’t mean it isn’t a force for good, not evil.

This is the funniest thing I've read in ages! I love how they feel the need to defend the honor of the chili pepper that is literally hot enough to kill you

edit on 18-5-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Bring it on Taf.

It's Taff

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I grew 21 different kinds of super hots last year got a freezer full for making hot sauce, I grew 3 of the Reaper plants - I will never again lol I bit off about half a reaper OMG I had snot dripping to the ground had to lay my head against a pole and just hang on I even thought my eyes were sweating so much liquid was coming from my face- "I googled it at the time eyes don't sweat :_)"

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
SnF!

This is why I come to ATS.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I tried a reaper once... I passed out.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
We get some super hot chili plants at the local fruit and vegetable stand each year. They have a lot of flavor. I slice them open and dry them in the oven on low for a few hours then pack them in one jar and toss one in the soup when I make it. six plants yealds around sixty peppers, they are small but that is enough for the whole year. I should try grinding them up too to add onto pizza. I can't eat one whole, there isn't enough milk in the fridge to counteract the hot. Milk is high in methyl that can neutralize the nitrogen compound and relieve the burn. The reaction goes both ways, you can use methyl to counteract nicotinic acid or nicotinic acid to neutralize methyl. most meth users and pot users know about that. It can cover up the traces of methyl in the blood. THC is a methyl compound of a particular type too.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Tobacco is only 2,000!!!! I get the extra hot version for my new England clam chowder!!!Yum Yum Yum.

Soon we will see others tears on youtube, no need to waste your friend.lol

Would this make a chili batch higher than 10-alarm? or is 10 the highest on the scale?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Honor stay with you till Death!!!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

That doesn't sound pleasant. I too had tried the reaper, like half of a half of my pinky nail, and oh hot damn, i was sitting at the bar with a glass of milk looking upwards like a chicken drowning in the rain letting the milk sooth my numb mouth and a bit of the throat for 30-40min.lol

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Tabasco! Stoopid autocorrect! lol

That would give a new meaning to, "put that in your pipe and smoke it"!

Three alarm is supposedly where it originally stopped. Then it went to 5. I just doubled that number. Kind of arbitrary really. "He cooked some really, really hot chili" was what I was trying to say.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I once paid a co worker in 2007 $10 to eat a whole habanero pepper in front of me. The kid from Bronx was acting all hard and said that ten is mine. He spit it right out in about three seconds and gave up. We all laughed and had a good time. Later that shift I asked my friend anthony, who is half white and half Mexican and was given the name crackerboy by his peers in school, if he was up for the challenge. He spouted something bout Mexican pride and downed that bad boy. Chewed it twice then swallowed. His face instantly went red and sweat just summoned itself all over his head, but he was proud as hell to do it, and I paid him accordingly and gave him the props he deserved.

I would pay at least twenty to watch somebody try and eat this dragon, or hell even a reaper.

a reply to: Gargoyle91
I think the kids may have spared me some grief then, and sounds like I should be thanking them lol. I have a nice yielding thai (birds eye) pepper plant outside now. Its been doing great in a pot. I contemplate whether I should transplant into the ground. Should I put it in the ground you think, or keep it potted??
edit on 5-18-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

One night at the local watering hole, we were all bored. My buddy said tabasco is so hot that you can't do a shot of it. I said, "Sure you can!" I had the barkeep set me up, got more conditions about waiting a minute before drinking, no puking, etc, I said, "Enough!" Down the hatch she went. Waited a minute. No real sweating, no coughing, no more tears.

My buddy is still astounded that I did that! He said so last night while we were watching the hockey game.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Yea a shot of Tabasco sounds like something good to wake you u in the morning,, forget the coffee lol! I always found tabasco to just be flavorful more than spicy. But me and the wife tend to eat jalapenos as a snack or with whatever we have, so we have a higher tolerance than many. Our Birds eye thai chili peppers are rated from like 30,00 to at up to like 200,000. They are milder than habaneros but boy they got some kick. I will add a picture of the plant later.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I always grow mine in 5 to 10 gallon pots so I can control their environment - Hot days move them out of the Sun so they don't get burnt Plus water is a big deal they will not survive wet roots so good drainage is a must.
edit on 5/18/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

Seeds from this new hottest pepper probably wont be available for a few years if I remember right it takes around 8 generations of pure seeds to be called a New strain. I finally got 10 Big Black Mamma seeds a couple years ago and got 2 plants also you got to get in with the Pepper People to make sure what you are getting is true.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Call me all the names you want but one of the jobs I have to do is make hot sauce. That means tasting and tasting to get it to a nice salt and acid level. Depending on the pepper it can be tortuous. No little drops but a good teaspoon taste to get it right. Hot sauce days can be wicked. Fun, but wicked.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Just cried watching that kind of stuck between my feeling appalled at them eating those things and even feeling sorry for them as well as guilty at myself laughing at the misfortune of other's even if it be self inflicted.

For me the funniest part was when chill Klaus said they are a little bit hotter than his Scandinavian cousins (or that is what it sounded like).

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I went to a friends art show a couple of decades ago; a mutual friend that worked in the kitchen that was hosting the art show made the food and had some industrial grade essential oil that he said could only be purchased with a restauranteurs license. He said he didn't like spicy foods and well they had two large chafing dishes of a main course he said he put three drops in but lost the instructions for how many per whatever it said.

Everyone being scared of it I said sure I'll try it before the show started; well just regular old red chilli peppers used to burn me but it was tolerable. So I go to take a bite and the tip of my tongue hit it first and it was like an electrical socket not even taste my eyes and nose immediately started running and would not stop thankfully they had napkins and head down and breathing with a bit of plain yogurt helped to finally cut the heat but it was relentless for quite awhile.

I lost my taste for two weeks; (we used to play billiards together) he came in and said oh sorry again about the burned tongue as a chef I'm really ashamed... I said hey it was an experience. He said well I looked the instructions up online and it is suggested one drop per 10 gallons makes it "fire" grade as labeling with big bold print caution one can permanently lose their taste. I said well mine was gone for about two weeks but it came back.

I do have to say though, ever since then? Nothing has even burned me pepper wise. Burned out all of the circuits I suppose. But is nice having something like a peach habanero and being about to taste all the flavors other than Buuuuuuuuuuuuurrrn!! So it was a very nice outcome in my honest opinion.

Nice article thanks for sharing and I am curious if this would do anything... ghost pepper has a tad bit of heat; but only at the corners of the mouth last I tried it; other than tongue going nope nothing so paper cuts at the corners of the mouth is basically that feeling otherwise tongue is nah nothing there. Of course how that would apply with just a few units over? Likely just more paper cut feeling.

P.S. never ask me to put any hot sauce to a food because on tasting it? No idea when to stop adding as I am not a measurement sort of cook. After years of cooking it just looks right, and tastes right so eh...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Whats with the stemware? A stein or a chalice that sort of beasty brew demands... nay; honors it.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Whats with the stemware? A stein or a chalice that sort of beasty brew demands... nay; honors it.

Not my pic and I agree. I tend to use one of my beefy pint glasses. No stemware near my stout please.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join