It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advisers urge Trump to hire an outside lawyer - Really?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is getting surreal. The man hasn't even been in office 4 months and he already needs to hire outside lawyers?

You can't make this sh#t up...

From the NY Times:

WASHINGTON — Several White House advisers and personal associates of President Trump have urged him to hire an experienced outside lawyer to help him deal with issues arising from a surging controversy over whether his campaign had ties to Russia, according to several people briefed on the conversations.

Article link here:

Advisers Urge Trump to Hire an Outside Lawyer - NY Times

Regardless of which side of the political aisle you're on everyone has to realize we have a large-scale mess going on in the White House.

Thoughts?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

There are valid reasons for doing this. White House counsel does not enjoy attorney-client privilege. An outside lawyer does have A-C privilege.

When you have the bulk of the media outlets and all democrats coming for you why shouldn't he retain counsel?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

It makes no sense, Trump is a business man he does have a good group of lawyers already, So the NYT is just bringing another sensationalized story to see if it sticks.

And BTW all presidents have lawyers.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

When you have the bulk of the media outlets and all democrats coming for you

And the DoJ, and members of his own party, and the Intelligence Community, and 57% of all Americans....

Let's not leave out some of the more important elements.

+2 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

A fake story concocted by Democrats and pushed by their media allies. The rest is based off the first.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
But but the media, but Hillary, but Obama... But... But...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Exactly...as litigious as as he is supposed to be, not too mention the level of business he operated at...Im pretty darn sure he has his own battalion of lawyers working around the clock.

NYT and WAPO are just shoveling as much dung as possible...pretty sure ol Obama living next door to Bezos is helping to boot.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I tell you I think the steam generated by the NYT and the WP is starting lose its heat, only those that are addicted to their unnamed sources and tabloid type of news will still believe what they say.

The rest are starting to wait and see what sticks and what doesn't.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Oh Jesus. The Times with its famous anonymous sources again

As others have said, I'd be stunned if Trump doesn't already have a team of lawyers on retainer. The guy's a billionaire real-estate mogul, not some schmuck who works the fry station at McDonalds.
edit on 18-5-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

This is just a rescrambled news publishing by the controllers of 'News' to make it seems that trump was advised to do something he already did.

Trump hires law firm to answer Graham's questions about possible Russian business ties
edit on 18-5-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

AGAIN !!

according to several people briefed on the conversations

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Shouldn't be a problem since Trump already has a team of lawyers on speed dial.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

According to an anonymous unnamed source that has 3rd hand knowledge of a situation similar.😂
edit on 18-5-2017 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Trump should be suing all the media outlets for zero proof slander articles with no evidence whatsoever.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
double clicked
edit on 18-5-2017 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I totally agree.

Just today, I was reading an article on the Comey letter from an MSN article and reading the comments section, it was pretty evident that a lot more people are being a bit more critical and looking past the slander.

A lot people read the articles and just leave. Finishing off at the comments section really brings to perspective on differing views on different platforms, especially in regards to where people stand on the issue. Lately, a lot of questioning and cautious approach.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Exactly...as litigious as as he is supposed to be, not too mention the level of business he operated at...Im pretty darn sure he has his own battalion of lawyers working around the clock.

I'm sure he does too, but I'll bet most if not all, are civil attorneys. From the way it sounded in the article they want him to hire outside criminal attorneys. So, not even 4 months into office, the leader of the free-world needs a criminal attorney? Just think about that for a minute..

BTW - I'm not a Trump basher or hater. I was very glad when he beat Hillary in the election. But if you take a breath and think of all of the crap, nonsense, and juvenile behaviour he has exhibited in his very short tenure it is *astonishing*.

He's not Trump the reality TV star or Trump the real estate mogul anymore.

He's the goddamn *President of the United States of America*. When is he going to act like it, and understand the gravitas of his office?

It's gotten to the point where his supporters and detractors alike have all become like the frog put in a pot of water that is slowly being brought to a boil. By the time many figure out that this is absolutely going to end in a train wreck, it's too late. Mixing metaphors aside, the frog boils to death in the pot and the american people are going to be the casualties in this trainwreck.

This craziness has to stop. And it has to stop now. I hope Trump finally gets it and begins to understand and therefore stop all the bullsh#t, but if he is incapable of doing that, it is *everyone's* duty as patriotic americans to put a stop to it before the damage to our country becomes permanent.

I mean, you can't make this sh#t up...

edit on 5/18/2017 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It makes sense to me, I definitely think he should hire a lawyer. He can afford one.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

The rest are starting to wait and see what sticks and what doesn't.

I agree with this as well, a lot of stuff out there is speculation. What sticks is important.
edit on 18pmThu, 18 May 2017 15:52:14 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I visit the NYT and WP when news are posted here with their links, but I have never scrolled down to the comment area.

Maybe I will pay more attention to that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join