It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

* SEVERE WEATHER ALERT * - Tornado Outbreak Likely in Southern & Central Plains [PDS]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
radar.weather.gov...

Very strong storm west of Witchita Falls, TX _ viewed from Dyess Air Force Base radar station

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Base Reflectivity with 10min Lightening Strike Overlay
Zoomable version of above image

^Very potent to say the least.
edit on 18-5-2017 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: iunlimited491

Not a good day to go driving through western Oklahoma.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Unless you're a storm chaser

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Thank you. I don't watch TV or listen to the radio so this is my first notice of this weather. I know that some people get peeved when the weather is half a world away from where they live, but in my case, thanks, I'll batten down the hatches!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Absolutely!
You're more than welcome...
It's the least I can do...
keep us posted and stay safe!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Some big ones blowing up out around Great Bend, KS, and west right now.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
NWS Norman, OK Twitter has tweeted the following...

IMPORTANT!!! Technical discussion of increasing tornado potential in and around the OKC metro area
twitter.com...
_____

MANY tornadoes are being reported as we speak; some significant... this is going to be an interesting evening into tonight.
edit on 18-5-2017 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

A lot of folks in OKC don't have the greatest tornado plans either. The ground out there isn't quite right for basements so there are a lot of folks who wait to hear which way it's coming from and drive away. Others will ride it out in a central tiny room or bathtub. With some of the meaner storms, neither plan is a great one.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I don't know, but I think I'd keep my eye on that line out between Great Bend and Ness City.

*EDIT*

I was right. They just warned that spot I was looking at.
edit on 18-5-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: iunlimited491
Posting a couple live storm chasing links...
LIVE Storm Chasing Link: SevereStudios
LIVE Storm Chasing Link: StormViewLive

TVN was shutdown at the end of 2015, however, these other sites consist of the same chasers and some new ones...
they also provide good content and interactive chat...

There are other live chase sites available as well if you wish to follow along.

Yes TVN is what I meant. I heard Brett Adair was working on a new site- but I couldn't find it. Thanks for the links!

-Alee

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It looks like there are two areas on that line that are rotating, but only one is warned right now.

*EDIT*

They have that second area warned now two.

If you are in the Great Bend area, you should be in your basement.
edit on 18-5-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
radar.weather.gov...

^SRV is showing so many areas of circulation and tornado warnings that it's becoming harder to keep track...

Also a friendly reminder to those new to Velocity radar imagery_ is to switch radars occasionally... as cells approach closer to a radar station - rotation becomes harder to detect, so bouncing around to different stations within an area allows for you to get a better read on any particular cell...
_____

Thanks everyone for contributing so far.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Some big ones out west of Topeka, but they don't look as excited about rotating right now.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Oh my ... I'm looking at Wichita's regional radar ... and there's just so much rotation around.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This is so scary! I have never in my life seen a tornado and never want to! I hope everyone remains safe!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Luckily so far today, most of this has been in sparsely populated areas. I know that the few times I've clicked past Weather Channel, they've only mentioned having seen tornados, not necessarily anything about damage.

Tornados can spin through pastures and field pretty much all they want as far as I'm concerned.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

It's the season!! Thunderstorms in our area, but no warnings yet for tornadoes. Still, a hail report from a nearby town is enough to bring the car into the garage, and move the flowerpots to under cover! Weird, though....stormy, but very still.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
That one out west of Topeka looks like it might be trying to rotate a bit. Maybe keep an eye on it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join