It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Disappears Over Bermuda Triangle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

“There’s no indication of significant adverse weather at the time,” Lt. Cmdr. Ryan Kelly, a Coast Guard spokesperson, told the Associated Press the day the family went missing.

Blumin, the CEO of Skylight event planning in Manhattan, was celebrating Mother’s Day in Puerto Rico. The plane, which Blumin herself owned, took off from Rafael Hernandez Airport in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico at 11:08 Monday. The Coast Guard said it found a field of debris about 15 miles east of Eluethra, Bahamas Wednesday but would continue its search for any survivors.

Plane Disappears Over Bermuda Triangle

still losing planes/ships in this world.
not surprising in the 'third world' / extreme weather but that close to the US, in good weather...unexpected.

I guess tragedies like this happen all the time all over, but still a bit spooky considering the location.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

uh oh, is the BT monster back? and here I thought GPS pretty much solved all those problems. I guess the triangle still has to eat sometimes.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Bermuda Triangle was a hoax put out by scam artists looking for a buck and idiots......

Once one started looking at the ORIGINAL reports on alleged mystery disappearances, the mystery vanished

Mostly result of hearsay and rumors, the authors who wrote about it often deleted or altered details giving
a different meaning to the story

once checked the original report had a completely different spin

Report said found debris on water - just another case of a plane crashing ......

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Wasn't it proven that the triangle releases massive amounts of methane at times?
A fuel-burning plane through a methane cloud probably wouldn't fare so well.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Another sad twist is there is another missing college student in Massachusetts that occurred around the same date, we had a rare Nor'easter here in Mass when the student went missing. Seems strange that they both occurred approx same dates; according to Missing 411, planes going missing in the Triangle, coincide with Missing 411 cases quite frequently.

Also strange, police will not let civilians help search, and they found the mans shoes, one dirty, one not, in two separate locations.

We are all praying for the Missing in all cases.

edit on 18-5-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This says debris field was found, so it wasn't a disappearance. This goes more along the lines of what the theory eventually suggests, that large plumes of methane gas are exploding from the depths. The plane flies through the plume and, well, ends up a debris field across the surface of the ocean.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Planes crash for number of reasons - mechanical problem, weather, pilot error, etc

Methane gas is not one of them - it has never been proven that methane gas caused a crash

Stick to reality.........

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue

Bermuda Triangle was a hoax put out by scam artists looking for a buck and idiots......

Once one started looking at the ORIGINAL reports on alleged mystery disappearances, the mystery vanished

Mostly result of hearsay and rumors, the authors who wrote about it often deleted or altered details giving

Report said found debris on water - just another case of a plane crashing ......

Something tells me that you have never been in trouble there.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Have you? Because you are insinuating it.

I was in a plane crash, but we crashed in a cornfield, nowhere near the Burmuda Triangle.

edit on 2017-05-18T21:23:46-05:002201718America/Chicago5 by c2oden because: u

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

I disagree it was not a hoax but a belief held by many that may have been wrong, in other word's you believe it or you do not.

That said there were, are and always will be unscrupulous authors out to make a quick buck as you say.

It is to my mind no more mysterious than many other parts of the world, mysterious disappearance's have happened there but they happen elsewhere as well including on land and they happen all the time.

Still while not really a mystery it is still a great talking point and also a great opportunity for sci fi story's.

Such as a plot I was thinking on about a larger earth, a more advanced civilization having hidden there presence from the universe using sophisticated gravity bending technology and literally folding away the majority of the planet as well as hiding it's mass, due to fluctuation's caused by interstellar and solar activity the field is sometime's disrupted slightly and at such time's plane's or other objects travelling in region's near to the gravity generator/folding devices can slip through the mirror into this Alice in wonderland world in which they find themselves like ant's before a now totally alien and utterly far more advanced civilization, bit like an alternative or other theory about the inner earth nonsense but just for my own abandoned sci fi story I ditched and never wrote, Originally I was going to base it in space, an entire galactic cluster hidden by being folded away from the rest ot the universe, the only point of entry a tiny vortex that was held open permanently in order to prevent the gravity folding from going critical and collapsing destroying the hidden galaxy's but why not a similar story on earth, a xenophobic ancient race who found the universe was dangerous so hid themselves away there technology making there world appear smaller, adjusting it's orbit and hiding them completely from the external universe while primitives survive abandoned in the hinterland which is the small part of the world they have not hidden.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Someone please tell me why these planes dont have dash cameras or any cameras in these planes at all? Are we really that asleep nowadays?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Never been proven isn't the same as can't. A test done on a TBM Avenger that added less than 5% methane to the air cause a significant power loss in ground tests. An aircraft flying at fairly low altitude that lost power could quickly get in trouble, especially if they weren't expecting it and over reacted.

There have been quite a few crashes over the years that never found a conclusive reason behind the crash. Not saying they were methane, and most weren't in methane areas, but pointing out that they don't always find an exact cause to every crash.
edit on 5/19/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I can remember far back into the 80's as a child I remember these mysterious disappearing planes and ships alike and yet there isn't any real research into why it hasn't been kindly funded a project to know what the heck is relly happen. I'm sure if you had live satellite access you'll exactly what's happening there. I have my own "gateway" theories, just not today.
edit on 19-5-2017 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: charlyv

Have you? Because you are insinuating it.

I was in a plane crash, but we crashed in a cornfield, nowhere near the Burmuda Triangle.

I was stationed at Jax, P3 Aircrew, and had a couple of very scary incidences flying in there.
Like nothing else in the 8 years flying radar in the Navy. I am here today because of some very good pilots.

BTW: I wrote up a few of them years back here on ATS. They are in the archives somewhere if you want to look, but I cannot seem to locate them specifically. If I find them, I will post you a link.
edit on 19-5-2017 by charlyv because: content

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

We lost two KC-135s in 1963 over the Bermuda Triangle. Two aircraft (61-0322 and 61-0319) launched out of Florida to refuel a flight of B-47s. After they finished the refueling they were flying in formation and collided.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

We lost two KC-135s in 1963 over the Bermuda Triangle. Two aircraft (61-0322 and 61-0319) launched out of Florida to refuel a flight of B-47s. After they finished the refueling they were flying in formation and collided.

God rest their souls, Zaph...

Our squadron was full of stories of turbulence where none should have been. You never know.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

sad times
edit on 19-5-2017 by ShatteredKingdom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I've heard several people say that about that area. No clue what happened with these two, but if they were in formation and hit turbulence that would have done it.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Way I have seen it described is that the KC 135 were practicing refueling maneuvers when they collided

Think the H Bomb incident between KC135 and B 52 over Spain ......

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

There are only a handful of KC-135s that were ever built that were capable of refueling in flight. They had completed refueling the B-47s, and had probably joined up flying beside each other to return to Florida where they had staged from.
edit on 5/20/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join