It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lieberman emerges as front-runner for FBI post

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'm curious...how do you think Trump thinks.

Ha...this is a question that I even ask myself on a nearly daily basis--he's a tough one to try and figure out.

BUT, taking into account that he's a business man, and a relatively successful one at that (even if he [well, his companies] have declared bankruptcy a time or six), and he appears to be very decisive and aggressive in how he runs his businesses. I see him similarly to Obama (hear me out) in that I think that both of them often make decisions based on narcissism, although I felt that with Obama, it was because he was always thinking about his legacy more than laser-pointed results.

With Trump, I think that his brand of narcissism is that he's always right--and when he's not factually correct, he will make the facts bend to his will rather than the other way around. If that assessment is correct (I'm no psychologist), then he would not be making decisions just to appease one side of the proverbial aisle--he makes decisions because he has made up his mind that it's the right thing to do.

Yes, he made a comment previously about thinking that firing Comey would make the Democrats happy, but I don't think that it was the reason behind the firing, but just an expected effect that didn't come to fruition.

That is how I think that Trump makes decisions--I give him credit that I believe that he certainly does (or has someone else do it and report to him) his homework before making a decision, but once his mind is made up, it's because he fully believes that he is right, and there's not much wavering in that belief because it's heavily fortified in a hard shell of narcissism.

But I absolutely do not think that the shrewd businessman (which is who Trump really is) has suddenly turned off that switch in his brain and turned on the one labeled "politician;" in fact, I don't even think that he has that switch readily available. And honestly, I don't think that's always a bad thing.
edit on 19-5-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Lieberman has always been a slippery slime-ball. How he got his name on the list is a mystery to everyone. I would have thought Trump learned his lesson to never trust a Democrat by now. (stop with the independent garbage, that's just a liberal trying to appear not a liberal)

<< 1  2   >>

join