It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local state and Federal employees are not interested in the future of our country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I have been attending city council meetings, regularly communicating with city council members and I just spent over an hour at our local Chamber of Commerce looking for answers on what's happening with our community and why it is where it is.

1. Taxes go up every year.
2. City officials continue to get huge raises every year regardless of tax increases.
3. The Chamber of Commerce is not shaping a message for the future of our community.
4. City officials do not want input from the local populace.
5. Corruption and nepotism rules the roost.

It's obvious many of these "officials" want to show up to work, effectively accomplish nothing and receive fantastic benefits and pensions for the rest of their life with minimal to no effort.

I am going to continue to escalate my questions and concerns with these officials until I get answers. Right now I plan on approaching the local papars to find an investigative journalist who is interested in writing a story about the state of our local administration.

We need to hold these people accountable.

(this may belong in the political forum not sure)
edit on 18-5-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Something I discovered recently is that the Chamber of Commerce is not part of the U.S. Government (similar to the Federal Reserve - it sounds like it would be, but it is deceiving).

They are also the largest lobbying group in the US.

No, our "leaders" don't give 2 sh*ts about the future of our company. Only about themselves and awarding and receiving favors from constituents.

The forefathers would not have stood for this...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I'm taking it up with the administration at the filmed city council meetings Wednesday.

Interesting... where does the Chamber acquire it's funding?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

They are keen on hiding where they get funding from, if that tells you anything

The group has always refused to disclose its donors or even its taxable spending on political races, once even secretly buying its own newspaper in Madison County, Illinois to help spread its propaganda.

The Chamber’s board of directors is represented by industry giants such as IBM, AT&T, Massey Energy, Deloitte LLP, 3M, Caterpillar, Accenture, Pfizer Inc. and The Charles Schwab Corporation.

www.huffingtonpost.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Source

Through my job I've had to travel to various Chamber of Commerce offices in multiple towns and a handful of states. On the surface they appear to be "allies" with non-profits like the one I am employed by. But ultimately, they provide no support and are only loyal to the organizations and individuals shelling out millions of dollars as a way of requesting returned favors....

Wolf in sheep's clothing, acting as if they want to better our economy and help the workforce. They are just a puppet for nefarious political and corporate agendas.

edit on 18-5-2017 by FamCore because: added personal experiences with COC at end..

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Wow interesting.

Will have to put some research into that.

Future thread potentially.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
As a local civil servant that fights tooth and nail to make sure the world your children inherits is cleaner than the world we were given, feel free to cram your generalizations squarely where the sun doth not shine.

You're right about 90% of the time, though. jmho.

edit on 18-5-2017 by netwarrior because: accidentally a word.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior

Oh one of the city council members if very agreeable and we work together very well. He is a good guy and really does work hard.

One.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What's this?
The people making decisions are lazy, overpaid easily bought idiots?

Why, I never...

Just more swamp things. Nix the lot of them.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: netwarrior

Oh one of the city council members if very agreeable and we work together very well. He is a good guy and really does work hard.

One.

Yep. Like I said, 90%. It gets worse the higher up you go, too. It's incredibly depressing. Sometimes it gets really hard to make the distinction between incompetence and corruption. The really smart ones have learned how to disguise one as the other.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Uh, just to remind you if you had forgotten, I think it was none other than Benjamin Franklin who noted, "the reason we must have government is so that our idiot cousins can have jobs".

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I have been attending city council meetings, regularly communicating with city council members and I just spent over an hour at our local Chamber of Commerce looking for answers on what's happening with our community and why it is where it is.

1. Taxes go up every year.
2. City officials continue to get huge raises every year regardless of tax increases.
3. The Chamber of Commerce is not shaping a message for the future of our community.
4. City officials do not want input from the local populace.
5. Corruption and nepotism rules the roost.

It's obvious many of these "officials" want to show up to work, effectively accomplish nothing and receive fantastic benefits and pensions for the rest of their life with minimal to no effort.

I am going to continue to escalate my questions and concerns with these officials until I get answers. Right now I plan on approaching the local papars to find an investigative journalist who is interested in writing a story about the state of our local administration.

We need to hold these people accountable.

(this may belong in the political forum not sure)

What an absurd Op title.. I work for local government for one of the top US cities, and I care deeply about the issues, good governance, etc.

Also, generally speaking pay is low for the majority of jobs in city governments. And if you are complaining about commissioner level or let's say top politicians making six figures, then it's silly as well. If someone was in charge of 10,000 person organizations not in government, they'd be making a lot more money. You know, like how CEOs are paid?..

I will agree that there is a lot of nepotism, cronyism, and corruption. But the corruption portion is in concert with private sector entities and private citizens, who are involved in it too.
edit on 18-5-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: netwarrior
As a local civil servant that fights tooth and nail to make sure the world your children inherits is cleaner than the world we were given, feel free to cram your generalizations squarely where the sun doth not shine.

You're right about 90% of the time, though. jmho.

Yup, exactly.

new topics

top topics

join