It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PSA. Creepy Website Knows A LOT About You. Delete Your Info

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
A local radio station put out that there is this website that has a lot of personal information about you and how to delete it. My wife told me about it this morning so I looked myself up. Sure enough, there is way too much information about me on there.

They had the following:

- Phone number (They even have an option to see who people have been texting)
- Email Address
- Address
- Previous address
- Previous, previous address
- Previous, previous, previous address!!
- Sisters name
- Mothers name
- Fathers name
- Stepfathers name
- Grandpatents names
- Wife's name
- Mother in laws name
- Father in laws name
- Sister in laws name
- Ex-wifes name
- Ex wifes in laws names

Keep in mind you can click on any of these peoples names to find out more about them. Luckily it is easy to remove your info. Go to the website here: truepeoplesearch.com

Search your name and enter your zip code. After you freak out a little about how much info they have look toward the bottom of the page. You will see a link that says "privacy" its kinda dim, almost hidden.

After you click that it will take you to another page where you will see the following.

Click it.

One last step. Click that you are not a robot and that you are the person requesting the removal of yourself. Then begin removal.

Hope you all find this useful.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

nothing on me

good that your warning people about it

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Considering I have one creepy stalker from my past (a student) I hate seeing sites like these around. Thanks for the good info. Most that I have seen make it really difficult to erase your private info.

Ugh. Do the designers ever stop to think about the many many reasons people wouldn't want this info so readily available?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
They don't do Canadians?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
No smurfys at all!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Dear Lord!!! That was scary! Info on every one of my family members. Even showed my ex husband of 20 years family as possible associates. Freaky freaky stuff!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The weirdest thing (for me) was the tangential people it picks up.. .along with some "associates" I've never heard of and addresses I never lived at (2 for me).

Likely identity theft I never heard about, but I'd be interested in the methodologies and sources of their info.

In a way it is good to let folks know how much info there is out there that anyone can get.

But this is the public (free) tip of the iceberg. I'd bet the "secret" info "they" have on us all would be much, much scarier.

They have total data collection for some reason and I very much doubt it is, or will always be, benevolent.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Thanks for that! I checked it out and mind blown! They had a section of people I might have associated with, and that was freaky as hell! None of them were friends of mine, a local bar whore or two and people I didn't even know!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Thank you, the site showed college roommates, all my family members. My email addresses. Even my old phone numbers.

I removed all the info.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I would highly recommend against this. Sites like the one mentioned are actually data mining sites. Most of them will have an ad that says "Go to this site and enter your name, you won't believe what you find!". Then when you go to the site and type in your name, you just gave them a buttload of more information to go with what they already had on you.

Best to just leave it alone.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
They got an outdated address for me, my immediate family, and my ex-wife. No phone or email though.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

How do you remove your info on sites like this? I am wondering how they found all my old phone numbers. Strange.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I would highly recommend against this. Sites like the one mentioned are actually data mining sites. Most of them will have an ad that says "Go to this site and enter your name, you won't believe what you find!". Then when you go to the site and type in your name, you just gave them a buttload of more information to go with what they already had on you.

Best to just leave it alone.

There is no ad. This came from a local radio station. Most of the sites like the ones you're talking about also ask for money or to make an account to see the actual info. I dont see how you are giving them your info just by entering your name. They already have your email, phone, family members etc.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
No more information than any other major search out there has.

If you ever buy property, your information is out there.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Yeah the bastards had everything on me.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

They had all my info too. After I took the steps to romove the info 10 min later it was gone!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Half the stuff they had on me was plain wrong. I guess it doesn't help that I have a ridiculously common name.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I dont see how you are giving them your info just by entering your name. They already have your email, phone, family members etc.

Read their privacy policy... then tell me where the register button is.

Also, do you see any ads on that site, or do you really think they're providing their service out of the kindness of their own hearts?

edit on 18-5-2017 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

There is NO ads on their website. Go there and check it out for your self if you don't believe me.

Also the privacy policy says they only collect data on people who register. You do not have to register to see info. Supposedly this info is only kept for a short period of time.

We will collect personal information from you if you register with us or subscribe to our Services ("Personal Information"). Any information you provide before registering with us is not associated with you individually and is not retained by us unless you register with us. When you register you are required to provide certain categories of information, such as name, e-mail address, if applicable, billing information and a password. When you are searching for people, you may enter third party personal information such as their name or phone number. We retain the results of your search requests for a period of time at our discretion but do not use that information for any other purpose and have no obligation to maintain such search results. At various other points during your visit to the Site, you may be asked to provide information about yourself. The use of other services which require the input of additional information is completely voluntary on your part. You have the choice about

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Too much traffic on the site right now, I will try later and find out what it has on me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join