It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Triggered deflection frowned upon in threads?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Its annoying like when teenagers pick up the new cool word and then throw it about constantly.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The whole snowflake thing is really boring as well.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
When I first joined I was quite impressed with the debates that went on, made you think twice before you posted yourself, now its all political name calling.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Agreed, cognitive dissonance had a good run for a while as well.
All mere deflections from often reasoned arguments.
I think it is lame and facebookesque, but if ATS wishes to be just another social media site with one liners I'm happy to embrace it.
Ain't my house, that's why I'm checking house rules.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Don't threaten me with a good time!Woo,lol

&
edit on 18-5-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: use emoticons instead of text

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: introvert

Excellently put

The question is do the mods/owners see this as their future or not?

Mods are just humans with partisan proclivities too. Some of them love the "triggered" meme.

Sorry, I missed this ^^^
I'm only asking mods opinions, I'm asking ATS what their policy is because it appears to have changed.

I'm happy to embrace any change in policy if ATS ever became as Facebook.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

12000 results of "triggered" in the ATS search. Google Trends search sees it blowing up in 2016 July. Breitbart headlined it in 2016 July.

Lemmings

"Triggered" is the word equivalent of a date scratching their genitals. A warning to avoid them. Be happy ATS lets members wear their red flags with confidence.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SilverOwls

Lol I bet 'snowflake' isn't far behind.
I am happy, I'm asking a question to enable me when considering my style of debate while ensuring I follow house rules.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
On a facebook group I'm a member of in the UK, its the whole "offended" palava, if you disagree with somebody there's an avalanche of memes about how you are offended why what they've said. This triggered thing seems to be the American version of that.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Yes I've seen that as I'm also from the UK.
I shall embrace it here if it is ATS policy.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

off topic/edit
edit on 18-5-2017 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT
Nuttall, isn't he the one that lied about where he lived so he could run on the local elections, didn't he also lie about something else?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Its a very old meme at this point and just lazy really. It served its purpose in 13-15 mocking the snowflakes (another term that has run its course) when they were demanding trigger warnings on everything to bubble wrap life.

But yeah, now its just a nonsense phrase tossed around that simply means "I annoyed you with something! HA!" Dull and uninspired, but still can be pulled out on rare occasions for a laugh I suppose

Old memes never die, they just hide behind leeroy jenkins..(found in Chuck Norris's beard)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: redhorse

Lol, it does seem to be growing on ATS though and reminds me of facebook.
As I said, I'm happy to play that game if ATS wants to go down that road
I'm way more of a prick on public Facebook threads and I'm showing my real identity there.

I'm sorry to say this ATS is going down that road it is much differnt then when I was last on in 2012 it's well past its golden age. It's in its decline and there is nothing that can be done to fix it. Anything worth reading is archived in long dead threads and everything posted presently is just partisan pit fights.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

edit on 18-5-2017 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

All of the Terms and Conditions of Use everyone agrees to when joining apply. The only exception is in the Political Mud Pit Rules.

You're already aware I'm sure, but keep in mind that we are a small group of volunteers dealing with a lot of posts and no way can we read everything, nor do we try. As always we rely on other members to alert us to issues like Off Topic posts. Then be patient as we all have our personal lives to deal with and can't be on constantly.

The short answer is no, nothing has changed. If people don't alert us, don't assume we have noticed any particular post.

Question answered. Closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join