It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destiny 2 live reveal, thread updates.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
For any fans of Destiny, the reveal of Destiny 2 is taking place live right now.
I'm watching it over YouTube live, but I. Sure it will be covered by most streaming services.
Set to release September 8 this year. So far it's looking pretty promising!

Features to be in game:

neat new feature, you no longer need to go to orbit to travel to new planets. we will have direct warp.

Clan support: customizable banners and flags, reward systems for clans.

Guided games: solo an coop games for raids or nightfall strikes. Allows you to jump in with an established clan who is looking for new members. Giving players a chance to experience what that clan is like. Sort of like a recruitment plan.
This is to remedy the issue in destiny 1 where the majority of players where unable to play most end game content due to not having a complete strike team to take on the raids, the things that required a group to accomplish

Personally I welcome this tool. I only had a chance to play on a raid a few times due to not wanting to join with a group of randoms - most often squeakers. So you can search out a clan of members aged 21+, join up to be their 6th player on a run and get a feel for their play style and get to experience part of the game you paid $90 bucks for.

Audience members are about to play the first campaign of the game on PS4 Pros

Beta for everyone else to be available this summer.

Destiny 2 will be available for PC as well. As opposed to the first instalment which is not available on PC

PC players will have access to Blizzards community. Seems Bungie and Blizzard have partnered together for the PC side. I'm not to clear on the significance of this being a consol player myself.

Audience is clearing out to play the first camp of Destiny 2.

Personal Thoughts on this;
I'm looking forward to the game. I loved the first one, however as mentioned I didn't get much of a chance to play the extra content the game had to offer.
This actually killed the game for me. Who wants to get paired with a bunch of children screaming over their mic.
so this new format their introducing -Guided games, allows everyone the ability to partake in the whole game, with clans whom are most likely going to conduct themselves in a more mature mannor, to one complete the raid and two, to recruit new members.

edit on 18-5-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I was really into this game all the way up to the last download. Haven't played in so long that I have probably been kicked out of the clan tho.......

Raids are by far the best part of the game. Getting online and taking on a huge task with 6 people having to work together is great. Also, the PvP mode is really fun as well. Playing the Iron Banner with a bunch of friends in chat was some of the most fun gaming I had in a while.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I'm really happy that they are addressing the issue that a lot of people didn't get a chance to fully experience the raids.
Hopefully this new system works as advertised

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

If you still want to do the raid and do not have a group of people when it comes out, send me a message on here and I can help you out. Our clan has some real good players and we are all older, so no petty bull snip. We are all on PS4. I will most likely not be on Destiny until; 2 comes out. Until that time, it will be all dark souls all the time.

Vault of Glass is still my favorite raid of all time.....we had a group that went through it flawless.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I liked Destiny. I thought it was much improved with Taken King, but even before that, I thought it was a decent game.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I pre ordered on Xbox and can't wait to play the beta.
Anyone here on Xbox1?

Add me and we can play density together.
My gamertag is the same as my name here.
o0oTOPCATo0o

(letter o, number zero, letter o, TOPCAT, letter o, number zero, letter o)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Destiny is another game I have completely ran through. Earned e every achievement on Xbox for it.

Ran all the raids, Normal AND Hard, to include challenge modes.

I have all the new and latest content and have decided to finally close the book on the game, there isn't anything else to do.

All exotics and quest complete.

D2 looks exciting, but I'm not exactly head over heels either. A lot of community reactions were along the lines of "re-skin" and "expanded DLC".

To be fair, they had a point. But I can just as argue the fact that what they kept in place was perfect anyways and what made the game. Why change something not broken? However, I can come back and say its expected to have something new and visionary with every ascent. Sure it works and is successful, but so was my SNES and now its obsolete. This is a valid comparison considering the biggest issue is 60FPS.

Why they are locked at 30FPS is the result of their physics engine that runs at 30hz. Meh

join