It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Plows Into Pedestrians In Times Square

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: RazorV66

It seems like if it were a planned terrorist attack, the driver would have selected a far larger vehicle and probably not ended up propped against a pole but it's a little early to rule it out. I know when I first heard it, my initial thought was terrorist attack, particularly given the location.

I thought the same as soon as I saw the alerts on my phone....terrorism.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

oh dear - thanks for the confirmation of your hypocrisy :

Yeah I saw. I don't really like posting things without doing some additional reading and taking the time to comment but sometimes that means I get beat to the "post" button.

hey - you dont " like " it - but got to be the first havnt you

why is it so dammed important to you ?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Wish we could embed tweets here. Twitter is the fastest by a mile for breaking news developments. According to CBS New York, the NYPD is saying it wasn't a terrorist attack (video embedded in tweet). Seems a little early to make that statement.

@CBSNews:

BREAKING: 1 dead, at least 20 injured after car jumps onto sidewalk in Times Square, NYPD reports cbsn.ws...[/ex]

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Either the member edited that out or your quote is fake news.
LMAO if it was edited out.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Thanks both, I'm not from the States and thought you called them DUI's and DWI was something different.

Driving Under the Influence.
Driving While Intoxicated/Impaired
Pretty much all the same...just different levels of crime I think really.
I think that most people that drink have gotten behind the wheel after a few or maybe a few too many.
Not really a good idea in either case, as it can ruin your life and the lives of others as in this case.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I'm not from the States and thought you called them DUI's and DWI was something different.

It depends on the state - different states have different names for the same type of offense.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

why is it so dammed important to you ?

The same could be asked of you.

link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Live news saying it might be a DWI incident.

At noon?

I doubt that.

link   

Because I don't like wasting my time putting together an OP only to hit the "post" button and find out that somebody who posted a one or two line OP, posted first and so my thread is closed?

But hey, feel free to write up an comprehensive OP about this breaking news story, post it and then have it immediately closed.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

CBS is reporting that it is a 26 year old with two prior DUI arrests. From the Bronx. Watching live.

1 dead and up to 20 injured
Link
edit on 18-5-2017 by EchoesInTime because: link

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Live news saying it might be a DWI incident.

At noon?

I doubt that.

Yeah well...noon would be early for you or me to get sloshed but there are some people that start drinking when they get out of bed.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Now Japanese Terrorism, Honda is a Japanese car. I wonder if it was a sticking gas peddle, some manufacturers are having problem with that. Maybe a person had their foot on both the brake and the gas, high heels will sometimes cause that to happen, I know a lot of women who take driving shoes with them when they wear high heels. Maybe a person had a medical event. Maybe someone was pissed off at something and wasn't thinking. Maybe it was a terrorist event cut short.

There could be lots of explanations for this, I hope too many people were not seriously hurt. I suppose in a short time details will come out. These kinds of accidents happen once in a while, we just hear more about them with the net. If it is terrorism, than that is really concerning. Well, it is concerning to the people who were hurt no matter whether it is terrorism or not.

Hopefully the injuries are not too bad, being crippled from something like that would suck.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Because I don't like wasting my time putting together an OP only to hit the "post" button and find out that somebody who posted a one or two line OP, posted first and so my thread is closed?

But hey, feel free to write up an comprehensive OP about this breaking news story, post it and then have it immediately closed.

Hate to hear about things like this. Peoples lives can be turned upside down in an instant.
edit on 18-5-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

link   
CNN is reporting that the driver has a history of DWI.

link   
Breaking911 Twitter is saying another car just hit another crowd on Staten Island, one dead three critical.

BREAKING IN STATEN ISLAND, NYC: 5 People just struck by vehicle; 1 DOA, 3 likely to die / very critical. Broadway & Castleton Ave.— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) May 18, 2017

edit on 18-5-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

CBS is reporting that it is a 26 year old with two prior DUI arrests. From the Bronx. Watching live. I will try to get a link.

1 dead and up to 20 injured

Oooh, that sounds pretty bad.

CX

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Bomb squad going in soon....precautionary i guess after recent events around the world of the same nature.

CX.

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Breaking911 Twitter is saying another car just hit another crowd on Staten Island, one dead three critical.

Wow, there seems to be a pandemic going on.

link   

Just saw them drag the guy into custody on the video.....no medical issue with him.
1 dead for now.

Can you describe the suspect, please?

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Are you kidding?
Maybe they better look a little closer at the first guy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join