It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the people who worship Jesus behave nothing like his teachings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

I posted part of this is another thread but it seems you need to read it here as well

In 1 Corinthians 2 and 2Tim 2 :15 are the only places we are taught how to study the word of God. During Jesus earthly Ministry he never gave any real details he spoke in a lot of parables, many of which he explained to the 12 but over all most of his teachings were very vague and without details. He never once taught anyone how to study God's word. It would be ok not to if Israel was to enter into the promised kingdom upon his resurrection but it never happened, and even after that the 11 plus the other Jewish followers were expecting him to return to set up the promised kingdom.

So upon the revelation he was not going to return he eventually called a Jew, named Saul and instructed him to go to the Gentiles. Because the twelve never went much further than Antioch Caesarea and Samaria. Paul taught in Antioch Caesarea for many years it was there where he called the followers Christians.

It was after his calling that Jesus revealed to him details about many of his teachings of his that he had given during the time before he was crucified and even some after his resurrection before he ascended.

The Gospel no longer required Baptism, Repentance and keeping the Law of Moses as it had been up until Paul's Calling. While it remained part of the gospel of the Kingdom for the circumcised none of that was put on he Gentiles who came to faith on Jesus Christ under the gospel of the Grace of God to which Paul was ordained by the Holy Ghost and those disciples in Antioch Caesarea.

The ransom for many found mentioned in the the Gospel writings of Matthew 20:28, Mark 10:45 and in 1 Timothy was expounded on and revealed that it was Jesus death on the cross that paid the cost of our sin, he went to hell in our place and rose from the dead to give us new life. That life was imputed to us along with his righteousness, his faith, his love, he made us justified before God and through him we have the Holy Ghost in us as a seal until the day we are redeemed, whether we be dead or alive when that day comes.

So you must compare Jesus teachings and with Paul's and you will see that all Paul did was expand on that which Jesus had taught. Over that last year I have marked in the margins and bottoms spaces in my AV Bible the cross references from Christ's Teachings to the expounded teachings he gave by inspiration to Paul. There are many and the one above is one of them but it can only be spiritually discerned or you wont get it or see it.

I would challenge you and everyone of you stop looking at others youtubes junk, website heresys and start reading the AV Bible from cover to cover and compare Jesus Teachings to that of Paul, you will find Paul expands on the Jesus's Earthly teachings.
edit on 21-5-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

I posted part of this is another thread but it seems you need to read it here as well

In 1 Corinthians 2 and 2Tim 2 :15 are the only places we are taught how to study the word of God. During Jesus earthly Ministry he never gave any real details he spoke in a lot of parables, many of which he explained to the 12 but over all most of his teachings were very vague and without details. He never once taught anyone how to study God's word. It would be ok not to if Israel was to enter into the promised kingdom upon his resurrection but it never happened, and even after that the 11 plus the other Jewish followers were expecting him to return to set up the promised kingdom.

So upon the revelation he was not going to return he eventually called a Jew, named Saul and instructed him to go to the Gentiles. Because the twelve never went much further than Antioch Caesarea and Samaria. Paul taught in Antioch Caesarea for many years it was there where he called the followers Christians.

It was after his calling that Jesus revealed to him details about many of his teachings of his that he had given during the time before he was crucified and even some after his resurrection before he ascended.

The Gospel no longer required Baptism, Repentance and keeping the Law of Moses as it had been up until Paul's Calling. While it remained part of the gospel of the Kingdom for the circumcised none of that was put on he Gentiles who came to faith on Jesus Christ under the gospel of the Grace of God to which Paul was ordained by the Holy Ghost and those disciples in Antioch Caesarea.

The ransom for many found mentioned in the the Gospel writings of Matthew 20:28, Mark 10:45 and in 1 Timothy was expounded on and revealed that it was Jesus death on the cross that paid the cost of our sin, he went to hell in our place and rose from the dead to give us new life. That life was imputed to us along with his righteousness, his faith, his love, he made us justified before God and through him we have the Holy Ghost in us as a seal until the day we are redeemed, whether we be dead or alive when that day comes.

So you must compare Jesus teachings and with Paul's and you will see that all Paul did was expand on that which Jesus had taught. Over that last year I have marked in the margins and bottoms spaces in my AV Bible the cross references from Christ's Teachings to the expounded teachings he gave by inspiration to Paul. There are many and the one above is one of them but it can only be spiritually discerned or you wont get it or see it.

I would challenge you and everyone of you stop looking at others youtubes junk, website heresys and start reading the AV Bible from cover to cover and compare Jesus Teachings to that of Paul, you will find Paul expands on the Jesus's Earthly teachings.

You must have me mixed up with someone else…I don’t watch junk youtube videos…The only videos I watch, are ones where the material presented has been thoroughly researched and actually checks out with real history.

Anyway, I think most of your arguments regarding Paul were refuted in this thread.

- JC

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

some start all over as soon as they walk out of church

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: galien8

originally posted by: dfnj2015

People who idolize and worship Jesus seem to be the opposite of what Jesus taught.

If they comply with the 10 Commandments its OK

I think that is the whole point of the thread. Most people tout the 10 Commandments but not the Beatitudes. To me this is like saying morality is important for other people, while for me, not so much.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I don't claim to be the greatest Christian on Earth. But I really do appreciate the sincerity of your post. Very nicely done.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

thoroughly researched by men can also still result in error. The Bible teaches itself and you need to thoroughly research it for yourself and not rely on others. You the preserved word of God (the AV) and the Holy Ghost is all you need to know truth thoroughly.
edit on 22-5-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join