It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Director James Comey Testified Under Oath That Trump Didn't Obstruct Investigations

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Why do I need to open my eyes for?

So because Nazis support Trump, it makes everyone on this site a Nazi?

They have to support somebody don't they? And that's Trump's fault how?

So everyone who doesn't support Trump are somehow better ?

Open your brain, please.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You are so right. You can smell the "fear" coming from every lib and Clinton lover. And it stinks. The libs just love poking at Trump-he's gotta quit reacting and playing to their fear and just do his job.

If Trump can't turn off responding to their constant baiting maybe he's not the man for the job. But Pence-what an idiot-and so embarrassing-couldn't believe his debating.

And the worthless GOPS-said earlier-term limits is the only salvation there.

Yep, America is a mess right now. However, after the brutal elections, was so expected.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Where did I say everyone on this site is a Nazi? The Nazis know who they are. Why are you trying to cover up for them? [/off-topic]

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

You know I hate Nazism and this place is infested with those hateful green frogs.

Close enough. Damn this 'context' thing.

OK you didn't say all, but you might as well have.

Where are these Nazis anyway?

Are any in this thread?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Context, context, context....

GRASSLEY: Uh huh. Go on to something else. Last week, the FBI filed a declaration in court pursuant to a freedom of information act litigations. The FBI said that a grand jury issued subpoenas for Secretary Clinton's e-mails, yet you refuse to tell this committee whether the FBI sought or had been denied access to grand jury processed from the Justice Department.

[snip]

GRASSLEY: Egads (ph). Was the Clinton investigation named Operation Midyear because it needed to be finished before the Democratic National Convention. If so, why the artificial deadline? If not, why was that the name?

COMEY: Certainly not because it had to be finished by a particular date. There's an art and a science to how we come up with codenames for cases. They -- they assure me its done randomly.

Sometimes I see ones that make me smile and so I'm not sure. But I can assure you that -- that it was called Midyear Exam, was the name of the case. I can assure you the name was not selected for any nefarious purpose or because of any timing on the investigation.

[snip]

WHITEHOUSE: Thank you.

A couple of quick matters, for starters. Did you give Hillary Clinton quote, "a free pass for many bad deeds?" There was a tweet to that effect from the president.

COMEY: Oh, no, not -- that was not my intention, certainly.

WHITEHOUSE: Well, did you give her a free pass for many bad deeds, whatever your intention may have been?

COMEY: We conducted a competent, honest and independent investigation, closed it while offering transparency to the American people. I believed what I said, there was not a prosecutable case, there.

[snip]

WHITEHOUSE: OK. And with -- and just with respect to your response to Secretary -- to Senator Tillis, we can talk about it some other time. My time has expired. But lest silence be viewed as consent I have a different view of what took place. I don't doubt your honesty for a minute, but I do think that there were very significant mistakes made through this process.

COMEY: In which -- in the e-mail case?

WHITEHOUSE: Yes.

COMEY: OK. WHITEHOUSE: In the Hillary Clinton e-mail case.

COMEY: Got it.

[snip]

HIRONO: Yes. And so speaking of the independence of not just the judiciary but I'd like you to clarify the FBI's independence from the DOJ apparatus. Can the FBI conduct an investigation independent from the department of Justice. Or does the FBI have to disclose all it's investigations to the DOJ? And does it have to get the Attorney General's consent?

COMEY: Well we work with the Department of Justice, whether that's main justice or U.S. attorney's offices on all of our investigations.

And so we work with them and so in a legal sense we're not independent of the department of justice. We are spiritually, culturally pretty independent group and that's the way you would want tit. But yes, we work with the Department of Justice on all of our investigations.

HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

COMEY: In theory yes.

HIRONO: Has it happened?

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.

What question did Comey really think he was answering?

www.washingtonpost.com... l-investigation/?utm_term=.a70711488a0a
edit on 18-5-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

edit on 18-5-2017 by Gargamel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: knoxie

the republicans control everything, why hasn't an investigation into Hillary already started??????????????

I don't think the investigation really stopped. Should it ramp back up, you will know the answer to that question based on whom has recently departed the FBI.

It should be expanded to include the democratic party that is current breaking fund raising records over the xenophobic lies told about Russia, and Trump.

Everyone needs to take a good look at just how nonsensical American politics has gotten.

The two party system is a complete failure, and clearly isn't interested in up holding that OATH of office they've taken.

Party first.

Party ONLY.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargamel

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Gargamel

And in that entire exchange they are talking about the DOJ, not the president.

While the part you bolded might seem to apply to what everyone has heard about the Comey memo, he wasn't asked about or talking about the president when responding.

Context is everything.

The questions Comey was asked are very specific, and so are his answers.

But does Comey not use the term "Administration" in his reply. Is DJT not part of the "Administration"

The term administration is referring to the Department of Justice and the AG in particular in this instance.

Context.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Gargamel

And in that entire exchange they are talking about the DOJ, not the president.

While the part you bolded might seem to apply to what everyone has heard about the Comey memo, he wasn't asked about or talking about the president when responding.

Context is everything.

The questions Comey was asked are very specific, and so are his answers.

Regardless if he was talking about Trump in that particular exchange, it still seems to me that what Trump said would fall in that category and therefore not be seen as obstruction.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Where did I say everyone on this site is a Nazi? The Nazis know who they are. Why are you trying to cover up for them? [/off-topic]

I think everyone's a Nazi.
Except me, I'm Captain America!

Anyways, towards the OP:

I haven't really been following the Comey gibberish on TV because I don't believe anything the MSM reports or claims. So thanks for shortening the entire months long debacle into something I can absorb in less than 5 minutes. Also notice that I was right to ignore the MSM after all, yet again. Hahah.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Trump haters sure got Goebells down pat.

The most brilliant propanganda technique must confine itself to a few points, and repeat them over and over.

Trump's a Russian puppet.

Trump colluded with Russia.

blah blah blah.

The nazis are Trump critics.

As FDR once said.

“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerated the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than the democratic state itself. That in its essence is fascism: ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power.”

Trump is the state.

The LEFT is a private 'controlling power' that really don't like the outcomes in a liberal democracy.

edit on 18-5-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Trump is the state.

And that says it all.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Trump wasn't elected to be the representative of the state?

It says people don't know what a liberal democracy is.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Elected representatives still have to obey the law and Constitution.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Since when ?

They run around lying all the time with is a ethics violation that is impeachable.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe

Not all those on the left are Atifa/BLM. But Antifa/BLM sure loves to riot for the Left. Yes I get your point.

Funny how you lump those two together. Antifa is actually anarchistic, and hence the extreme right.

This is an oversimplication of the political spectrum. There's not just the left and the right. Anarchism is actually an extreme form of libertarian views, who generally don't like the government being involved in anything. That's not the right.

Edit: but let's not pretend Anti-Fa have a coherent political goal. They're basically a bunch of people with nothing better to do than throw a tantrum. Actual anarchists are much more thoughtful.
edit on 18 5 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Since when ?

Since 1788.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

You're debating someone who says Trump supporters are Nazis'.

Teaching Latin to a dog turd in your front lawn would be a more productive use of your time.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

It would appear that only some elected representatives have to obey the law and Constitution.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Arnie123

Wanna talk about smoke and mirrors..

I just read the transcript of may 3rd to see what questions preceded the quote and cannot find it there....

This is kinda "to good to be true" for trump..

The guy who says trump obstructed, said the opposite under oath 2 weeks ago?!?!

Here is the transcript:

www.google.com... sian-interference-in-2016-election/

Very long read, but a very good read. Really shows a discrepancy between the narrative being pushed in this thread and what the actual article is about.

But, if it's not from Breitbart, a YouTube video, or a Trump tweet, it's fake news and dismissed, swept under the rug, and ignored.

A long read... of the wrong damn interview.. lol.

Did you find a real copy..

Always gotta question it when it is just too perfect..

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join