It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Director James Comey Testified Under Oath That Trump Didn't Obstruct Investigations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

So this will boil down to the meaning of "is" basically.

UKTruth called it.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Well that and he was fired by the President who later went on live television and told the nation that he fired him over the Russia investigation. I mean that should really be all the evidence we need.

+5 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well that and he was fired by the President who later went on live television and told the nation that he fired him over the Russia investigation. I mean that should really be all the evidence we need.

No, he didn't.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

What is mind boggling is taking this quote to mean anything other than the DOJ itself - how would Comey know the questioner intended to include the President when he nor the White House is specifically mentioned?

The President is not normally referred to as "the head of the DOJ" as the Presidency is such an extensive and overarching job - the DOJ is one small part of the entire Executive Branch.

NO court (other than the court of slanted opinion) would take Comey's answer to mean the President. Wait until he gives his public statements in the upcoming inquiry. It will become clear then.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

So now what is everyone going to scream about next?

What's the next half baked, fabricated leak that will gain traction and dominate the MSFM?

we all scream for ice cream...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

UKTruth called it.

No. It boils down to the definition of the DOJ.

If you think you have an argument here because Comey answered a question related to the DOJ not pulling an investigation for political reasons, you are wrong. You'd only have an argument if the President was specifically included in the question. He wasn't

But hey, don't listen to me. I'm sure that the Senate and/or House will call Comey out if he perjured himself.

Let's just wait and see how this unfolds in the actual legal setting of the upcoming open session hearing.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Comey said that because at that time, the President and/or the DOJ had not "instructed" the FBI to halt their investigation and therefore had not obstructed justice.

Technically speaking, I don't think that Trump saying that he hoped Comey could find it within himself to let the Flynn investigation go is the same thing as obstructing an investigation or ordering it to cease.

At that time, IMO Trump was just expressing his desire to see investigation go away and spare Michael Flynn's reputation.

When you couple those statements by Trump with his firing of Comey and then going on national TV and stating that he fired him because he felt like the Russian investigation was fake and shouldn't be happening, Now you have obstruction of justice.

When you couple that with inviting the very same Russian agent that Flynn lied about discussing sanctions with into the White House to disclose code word classified information with him, it looks even worse.

It's as if there is a definite Russian connection and Trump doesn't even care if we know.

Trump is an idiot! I'd even venture to say that he's mentally retarded and doesn't have the vaguest idea of what ethical behavior looks like. He needs to be removed from office, (by peaceful means) at the earliest possible opportunity.

+1 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

UKTruth called it.

One of the most important factors here is that the President has every right to discuss cases with the FBI and even give opinions about them. If one of his staff is under investigation, even more so... he'll be briefed on it.

So, if the words in the memo are accurate, there is nothing there of any significance.

The drama's that are being created out of the normal course of business is quite stunning.

edit on 18/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Let's just wait and see how this unfolds in the actual legal setting of the upcoming open session hearing.

That I can agree to.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

And still he has not said that the president did or did not ask/ordered/told/whatever him to stop/hinder/abort the operation.

I wonder how many people think that they can "interpret" anything into politicians words they say under oath. Those words are put together in the most careful way.

Comey is anything but an idiot or an amateur. He knew exactly what he was saying and in which context.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

UKTruth called it.

One of the most important factors here is that the President has every right to discuss cases with the FBI and even give opinions about them. If one of his staff is under investigation, even more so... he'll be briefed on it.

So, if the words in the memo are accurate, there is nothing there of any significance.

The drama's that are being created out of the normal course of business is quite stunning.

Do Presidents usually invite department heads over for an intimate, one on one* dinner to discuss business?

*Ie; with no witnesses other than possible electronic surveillance.
edit on 18-5-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

link   
But but but

Comey is really good at leaving a papertrail

But but but Comey is the new "Russians" that will take down Trump

Butt butt butt hurt left wing media and tards!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
But but but

Get used to the phrase "Former President Trump," you butt hurt phony conservatives.

+8 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: UKTruth

Trump told NBC's Lester Holt: "And in fact when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said 'you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won'."

Already covered many times. Trump was quite clearly talking about the consideration of the impact of his decision, not the reason for his decision. He had already discussed the reasons earlier.

You guys think you can lie and just keep lying and it will magically turn to truth. It won't.
Here is the full response, which is often truncated by liars.

He had made a recommendation. But regardless of recommendation, I was going to fire Comey knowing there was no good time to do it and in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself -- I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should've won.

edit on 18/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

But but but

Get used to the phrase "Former President Trump," you butt hurt phony conservatives.

There will be a long time to get used to that.. just under 4 years at least, assuming he doesn't run for a second term, which I don't think he will.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

In case you haven't noticed, Trump expresses himself with what is technically known as word salad. In order to understand what he actually means, you have to connect disjointed words into a coherent thought. Because his mind jumps around, he frequently reveals his unconscious motivations by accident. The proximity of Trump's comment about the Russia investigation to his justification for firing Comey suggests that they are definitely connected. I hope you don't believe he was fired for being mean to Hillary Clinton.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

But but but

There will be a long time to get used to that.. just under 4 years at least, assuming he doesn't run for a second term, which I don't think he will.

Well under four years.

+2 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

But but but

Baaahahahahha....

I'm already used to "not her"....and enjoying the complete and total implosion of MSM and liberal ideals.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The left will keep trying until something sticks. If not, some will probably resort to violence, which will be unfortunate. I had never liked Obama, but I never hated his supporters. It's seems different with Trump, the left hate him to the core and many hate his supporters just as much. Division make us all weak, we should realize that. This political hate will not get us anywhere as a country. Wait 4 years and try again. Heck we waited 8 years for Obama to be gone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join