It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Director James Comey Testified Under Oath That Trump Didn't Obstruct Investigations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64
Stosh you just made my morning!

Strangely this will not be shown by the media and will be ignored by the democrats.

Thank you for posting this.

I'm so sick of the left/right BS. Get something done and stop playing these stupid games. If anyone gets their seats back in 2018 something is seriously wrong. Every single one of them needs to be fired and new people put there who can get things done!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Why don't you get your own facts straight? You sound like CNN

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
isn't Comey just talking about obstruction coming from the DoJ, and not the white house?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: whismermill

If Comey was obstructed by the WH he would have been fired in February not in May.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Glad I could be of service this am.

CBS (I cant bring myself to check CNN
) is still pushing the memo this morning.

I'm so sick of the left/right BS. Get something done and stop playing these stupid games. If anyone gets their seats back in 2018 something is seriously wrong. Every single one of them needs to be fired and new people put there who can get things done!

I couldn't agree more Martin.

Just give us the #ing truth cough...news...cough outlets. I am afraid that ship has sailed though.

TERM LIMITS!!!!!
edit on 5 18 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Lmfao, got to admit, I love that freshly squeezes venom. You deserve a star for that.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I guess all those liberal mind readers ran into to many tin foil hats. Shucks

+2 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Title changed to fit.
Original title:
"BREAKING: FBI Director James Comey Testified Under Oath May 3rd That The Trump Administration Doesn’t Obstruct Investigations"

Former FBI Director James Comey testified under Senate oath May 3rd that the Trump administration had not pressured his agency to halt any investigation for political purposes.d J. Trump, and exposing for what it is a new political witch hunt Wednesday by enemies within the president’s own Justice Department.

Just in case you think the above statement is fabricated, there is video proof that Comey testified under oath, May 3rd, before the Senate Judiciary Committee, that he has NOT been pressured to stop any investigations.
You know, actual proof of him saying this, under oath, unlike the half baked propaganda being spewed by MSM recently.
Here is the video, skip to about 30 sec in.

So either Comey lied under oath or this whole BS narrative being pushed is just agenda driven propaganda.

Transcript

“So if the attorney general or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?” asked Sen. Hirono of Comey during the question-and-answer period of his testimony. “In theory, yes,” replied Comey.

Hirono pressed: “Has it happened?”

Comey said, “Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that – without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don’t see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I’m talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason. That would be a very big deal. It’s not happened in my experience.”

GotNews

ETA: The conversation between Comey and Trump that the supposed memo is about took place on Feb 14th according to CNN.

The conversation on February 14 was "more Flynn focused," not about the overall Russia investigation or the other associates under scrutiny.

CNN

This is what I love about ATS!

Posters that do the digging and research expose the liars and dishonesty of MSM and politicians!

MSM, even with this blatant fact on video for all the world to see, will not air it. FOX probably would, but they are the only ones.

Reminder: nobody has come forward with The Memo yet.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Exactly!

“So if the attorney general or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?” asked Sen. Hirono of Comey during the question-and-answer period of his testimony. “In theory, yes,” replied Comey.

Hirono pressed: “Has it happened?”

Comey said, “Not in my experience.(etc.)"

Edit: this whole thread does not make any sense in view of the present items, as it does not contradict Trump vs. Comey, but DoJ vs. Comey.

edit on 18 5 2017 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

I don't want Trump impeached. We have to be served what we voted for. I hate his form of government, but he is still my president. I have prepared the best I can for a big economic loss the next four years as a senior. I just wish the lying would stop. He won, it can stop now.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

TERM LIMITS!!!!!

This is the most important statement in this thread. We MUST impose term limits. Until then we are not going to see changes. Put in term limits and watch Washington change.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

“So if the attorney general or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?”

Do you see the words "President" or "Donald J. Trump" in this question? Neither do I.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

The question relates to the DOJ, not the President.
It asks nothing about Trump or his personal behavior.

Where does anything he said in this quote by Comey (which cannot be separated from the direct question) indicate that the President didn't attempt to sway him or obstruct???

Comey only said that in his experience thus far, the DOJ has never asked him to stop an investigation for political reasons.

The President, according to Comey, asked him specifically to stop investigating Flynn. Trump is not the DOJ nor could you construe him to be the subject of your quote.

edit on 18-5-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Twist this anyway you want to fit your political paradigm.

Here is the whole quote:

I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don’t see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it.But I’m talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason. That would be a very big deal. It’s not happened in my experience.

First off, the DOJ IS part of the Trump administration, who is the ultimate head of the DOJ?

Also, if being asked to stop an investigation for political reasons is "a very big deal", why would Comey wait a month, then only 'release' a self written memo to supposed press?

If its such a big deal why was this not dealt with through proper channels in an official capacity???

The mental gymnastics required to defend this are mind boggling.

edit on 5 18 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
There is one 'out' for the propagandists(and Comey if he changes the story) with Comey's statement under oath - he was asked about the DoJ, not Trump.
That said, it would be highly unusual for him to be asked that question and not reveal the Trump conversation if he thought it was a big concern, given the DoJ reports to the President.

Have a star for noticing the fine print. Your assumption is not necessarily correct. Comey is a career civil servant who tries to avoid mixing in politics. He is also a Republican who may be inclined to give Trump the benefit of the doubt, though, clearly, his doubts grew over time.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

As soon as I saw this was from May 3rd I knew it was political spin to try to get Trump off the hook. Comey was fired on May 9th.
edit on 18-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Then you need to re-read Comey's ENTIRE statement after the question, "has it happened".

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

At the time, the Department of Justice had no head.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Context is everything.

The DOJ is a part of the Executive Branch but asking specifically about it, verses language that includes the President, is simply a lame distortion that would never hold up in an actual court.

I'm sure Comey would be happy to clarify under oath that he was not including the President or his White House advisors in his answer.

Perhaps he will very soon...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: AboveBoard

As soon as I saw this was from May 3rd I knew it was political spin to try to get Trump off the hook. Comey was fired on May 9th.

??????

The point is that he testified under oath on may 3rd, nearly 3 months AFTER the 'memo'.
What has his firing got to do with anything?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join