It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USA was born in violence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
If somebody didn't get pissed off enough to bust a cap in a redcoats backside there would be no USA. I hazard to think that if the Internet and air conditioning had existed back there would be no USA now. Instead you had people living hard lives that where much less inclined to live in the status quo for self preservation. If you burdened them unnecessarily a fight was going to be on.

Instead we are much softer now with an ease in life that our founding fathers could not have imagined. Prone to idealism that has no basis in fact. Which makes people far easier to control. Far easier to divide. If only the British had had air conditioning and the Internet. Nobody would have left their homes to whoop some ass.

The USA was born in violence. We shook off their leash around our necks and made a life of our choosing. We were united enough and strong enough to take what we wanted from the British, our masters, our rulers, who never imagined we'd put up a fight. Much less win.
edit on 18-5-2017 by Apollumi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I don't think the Brits were surprised that much considerring the critical involvement of the French, who used the Americans as their agitators in an extenstion of the wars in Europe.

Just think if the Americans had not gone down this road. Slavery would have been abolished many years beforehand and the race divisiveness would not exist in the US today. You would not have a president with more powers than a monarch and have a more effective system of governemnt. The Native Americans many even have survived.

America would have become independent peacefully, just like the rest of the Empire and the Americans would be playing rugby and cricket. Americans with an Aussie attitude - that would be amazing!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Apollumi

It amazes me to think that people back then had no toilet paper.

No wonder they were so willing to pick up there muskets and fight!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Apollumi
If somebody didn't get pissed off enough to bust a cap in a redcoats backside there would be no USA. I hazard to think that if the Internet and air conditioning had existed back there would be no USA now. Instead you had people living hard lives that where much less inclined to live in the status quo for self preservation. If you burdened them unnecessarily a fight was going to be on.

Instead we are much softer now with an ease in life that our founding fathers could not have imagined. Prone to idealism that has no basis in fact. Which makes people far easier to control. Far easier to divide. If only the British had had air conditioning and the Internet. Nobody would have left their homes to whoop some ass.

The USA was born in violence. We shook off their leash around our necks and made a life of our choosing. We were united enough and strong enough to take what we wanted from the British, our masters, our rulers, who never imagined we'd put up a fight. Much less win.

Yeah, except the violence started from the other side...

It's not violent to defend yourself.

Just ask John Adams who represented red coats during the trial in Boston.

Got to hand it to a man that is unbiased almost to a fault.

John "IDGAF" Adams is the reason this country survived longer than it takes for John Hancock to become famous; not because the colonists shot a bunch of men who were dumb enough to stand in formation while they were being shot down by rednecks.

Although, that did help.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Yes, the country was born of a defensive, protective mindset with a whole lot of grit and determination.

Much of that has been lost, and now we have people who seem to think that violence is a sub-human trait.

We have even more who seem to think that we should love others, even tho they want to kill us be it in a home invasion, or foreigners who do not share our values.

Violence begets itself, but when someone knocks you down, it is in your own best interest to get back up and knock him out for a day, or a week. Speak softly, but carry a big stick.

Sometimes, a violent response is necessary, but not to words. Violence should never be the answer to mere words, but to another's intent and actions. Violence to words is sub-human; A violent/defensive response to another's initiation of violence is required, for your life may depend on it.

American's have been made to be too pacifistic, we forget that just because we're civilized, everyone else is also civilized. It is simply not the case. Violence is still very much of the world, and most likely will be for a very long time to come.

So speak softly, and carry a big stick. (Or whatever implement you wish to carry)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Swapped one leash for another and sat back eating fried chicken, well done you

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Idealism is just bad. It's the fuel of a liberal mind. If only I imagine it it will be. Weeee.....

So, how many nations around the world have evolved as you imagine it?

originally posted by: paraphi
I don't think the Brits were surprised that much considerring the critical involvement of the French, who used the Americans as their agitators in an extenstion of the wars in Europe.

Just think if the Americans had not gone down this road. Slavery would have been abolished many years beforehand and the race divisiveness would not exist in the US today. You would not have a president with more powers than a monarch and have a more effective system of governemnt. The Native Americans many even have survived.

America would have become independent peacefully, just like the rest of the Empire and the Americans would be playing rugby and cricket. Americans with an Aussie attitude - that would be amazing!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Library of Congress

www.loc.gov...

"Paris Nov. 13. 1787.

persevering lying. the British ministry have so long hired their gazetteers to repeat and model into every form lies about our being in anarchy, that the world has at length believed them, the English nation has believed them, the ministers themselves have come to believe them, & what is more wonderful, we have believed them ourselves. yet where does this anarchy exist? where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusets? and can history produce an instance of a rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. they were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. god forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion. the people cannot be all, & always, well informed. the past which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive; if they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. we have had 13. states independant 11. years. there has been one rebellion. that comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. what country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure. our Convention has been too much impressed by. . ."

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Swapped one leash for another and sat back eating fried chicken, well done you

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

It's no secret. The entire World was born into Violence.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
We were very poor when I was a kid. Most people had plumbing but we had a rickety out house with a piece of unattached tin for a door. When the wind blew strong enough, down came the door. The neighbors up the hill got to watch you wipe.

One of my fond memories (kidding) was the JCPenny catalog I found. If you wadded the pages up and straightened them out enough times it was kinda like toilet paper. Also wiped with a wad of fall leaves many times.

I'm getting to my point.

So one day a kid at the school thought he'd ply an attempt at making me feel bad about our poverty and outhouse. With a wry grin he threw his insult. I hit him so hard his head ricocheted off the cinder block wall of the bathroom. His eyes rolled back into his head and fell on that sticky bathroom floor. No more smart ass comments.

So maybe yeah, lack of toilet paper will make you kick somebody's ass. He probably voted Hillary, another PC libtard that cares about no one but them. Another person with snide remarks and PC insults that claim they are the salt of the earth.

Don't tread on me...

originally posted by: FuggleHop

It amazes me to think that people back then had no toilet paper.

No wonder they were so willing to pick up there muskets and fight!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
It is still. Either you stand up for yourself (metaphor) or you get steamrolled.

originally posted by: RisenMessiah

It's no secret. The entire World was born into Violence.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I agree, standing up for yourself, and for what is right takes a strong individual.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

If somebody didn't get pissed off enough to bust a cap in a redcoats backside there would be no USA. I hazard to think that if the Internet and air conditioning had existed back there would be no USA now.

There is a little more to it than just "bust a cap". Many of the founding fathers were deists and did not recognize the King of England as having divine rights from God.

en.wikipedia.org...

The revolutionary war was more than just a revolt against taxaction without representation. It was a revolt against monarchy in all its forms. That's why to me it is so painful we have the Federal Reserve. The just continues monarchy as if we never even had a revolutionary war:

During the Civil War (1861-1865), President Lincoln needed money to finance the War from the North. The Bankers were going to charge him 24% to 36% interest. Lincoln was horrified and went away greatly distressed, for he was a man of principle and would not think of plunging his beloved country into a debt that the country would find impossible to pay back.

Eventually President Lincoln was advised to get Congress to pass a law authorizing the printing of full legal tender Treasury notes to pay for the War effort. Lincoln recognized the great benefits of this issue. At one point he wrote:

"(we) gave the people of this Republic the greatest blessing they have ever had – their own paper money to pay their own debts..."

The Treasury notes were printed with green ink on the back, so the people called them "Greenbacks".

Lincoln printed 400 million dollars worth of Greenbacks (the exact amount being $449,338,902), money that he delegated to be created, a debt-free and interest-free money to finance the War. It served as legal tender for all debts, public and private. He printed it, paid it to the soldiers, to the U.S. Civil Service employees, and bought supplies for war.

Shortly after that happened, The London Times printed the following: "If that mischievous financial policy, which had its origin in the North American Republic, should become indurated down to a fixture, then that Government will furnish its own money without cost. It will pay off debts and be without a debt. It will have all the money necessary to carry on its commerce. It will become prosperous beyond precedent in the history of the civilized governments of the world. The brains and the wealth of all coun­tries will go to North America. That govern­ment must be destroyed, or it will destroy every monarchy on the globe."

That mischievous policy would destroy every monarchy on the globe! I want us to return to being mischievous!

"Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws". Mater Amschel Rothschild

The Rothschilds are your aristocracy.

edit on 18-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

We were very poor when I was a kid. Most people had plumbing but we had a rickety out house with a piece of unattached tin for a door. When the wind blew strong enough, down came the door. The neighbors up the hill got to watch you wipe.

Wow, you had rickety door. I'm jealous.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

Because their hands smell like Shiite? I don't get it.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

It wasn't just war violence. There was the genocide of the native Americans from disease. And then there was the part were the country was built on the backs of slaves. Unless you embrace those two I think you are missing what makes us special.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Well, sometimes I just went in the woods. Baking in the summer heat makes an outhouse less appealing.

Never seen an outhouse without a door of some sort. So you dumped in the back yard? It takes a bold man to do that while people watch. Suburbs perhaps?

originally posted by: dfnj2015

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Well, sometimes I just went in the woods. Baking in the summer heat makes an outhouse less appealing.

Never seen an outhouse without a door of some sort. So you dumped in the back yard? It takes a bold man to do that while people watch. Suburbs perhaps?

Our outhouse had a moon shape cut into ply. I remember thinking everytime, "Who gives a crap about a moon when you're crapping while listening to dachsunds chase squirrels through dead leaves that are never raked?"

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
There are a million little things you could pick out of the sky to tear apart. I'm talking about that most basic desire of people to self determine. The desire to be free.

Do you want to go the way of the Indians? I don't. Leaders bull#ted the Indians with treaties that meant nothing always playing them for a fool. Are you a fool?

Next...

It wasn't just war violence. There was the genocide of the native Americans from disease. And then there was the part were the country was built on the backs of slaves. Unless you embrace those two I think you are missing what makes us special.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Our outhouse had a moon shape cut into ply. I remember thinking everytime, "Who gives a crap about a moon when you're crapping while listening to dachsunds chase squirrels through dead leaves that are never raked?"

Man, I always hated winter. You wake and have to go "now". Our outhouse wasn't close (for obvious reasons). So yeah, hauling ass barefoot in 8" of snow that had a crusting of ice on the top was fun. Sitting there as the wind howled outside looking down at my steaming bare feet with ankles bleeding from the ice cuts.

I have some good stories about poverty. Many. The thing about poverty is you learn about what humanity is capable of if it has the upper hand. It is ingrained in every single person. Which is sad.

This post is a perspective on that. I know people will try to fight for their dignity when it's all gone. I know they will care about truth. It's part of suffering. Would be nice if a comfortable life were not thrown away out of a desire to preserve oneself.

For that people need a leader unfortunately because people cannot self determine. Our "leaders" are probably more cabal than anything because they to have known a far too comfortable life. that want to make you think you are free while you slip increasingly towards slavery.
edit on 18-5-2017 by Apollumi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join