It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey memo dates smell fishy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Honest post here... I'm looking into the dates, and something isn't adding up. Am I missing any facts?

1. Recordings that were illegally leaked to authorities to 'out' Flynn in late December led to an FBI investigation.

2. On January 24, the FBI 'cleared' Flynn of any wrongdoing. Some sources claim there was no formal investigation.

On the 26, Comey informed Trump that Flynn had discrepencies in his interview with the FBI

3. Flynn resigns on Feb 13th

3. The memo states that Trump asked Comey to overlook Flynn who is under investigation (?) on February 14th...

Was the FBI still investigating Flynn into February? I can't find a single report in either direction

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ExVoto

Maybe Trump was trying to give Flynn a Valentine's gift. Who knows but Flynn had resigned so maybe Trump thought that his (Flynn's) career had taken enough damage and didn't want him punished any further.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Maybe Trump was trying to give Flynn a Valentine's gift. Who knows but Flynn had resigned so maybe Trump thought that his (Flynn's) career had taken enough damage and didn't want him punished any further.

That is the general (common sense) consensus that was reached by real journalists this week.

Also, I heard that their Valentine's Day meeting was over Dinner. I don't think my wife would let me have dinner with someone else on Valentine's Day.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I agree this conclusion makes sense. I'm pretty sure he is still under investigation now.
edit on 18amThu, 18 May 2017 02:29:29 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

maybe Trump thought that his (Flynn's) career had taken enough damage and didn't want him punished any further.

Like he did with Hillary? Noticing a pattern yet?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

maybe Trump thought that his (Flynn's) career had taken enough damage and didn't want him punished any further.

Like he did with Hillary? Noticing a pattern yet?

I guess 2 times can be called a pattern. But what do you think this pattern means?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Add to that...
Comey testified begore Congress on May 3rd that he had never felt pressured by the President.

None of it adds up.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
This whole g*ddamn thing is just one giant show.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Yes.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Add to that...
Comey testified begore Congress on May 3rd that he had never felt pressured by the President.

None of it adds up.

Here is the video of Comey under oath saying he was never asked to stop the investigation.
you can skip to about 30 sec in if you are in a rush.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Given that Comey says he was never pressured by Trump:

- it didn't happen and Trump was giving advice
- it did happen and Comey never followed up with the proper channels and realizes he could be charged as well so he is denying the pressure

These are now the only 2 things that could have happened given Comey's testimony.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

FBI 'cleared' Flynn of any wrongdoing on the 24th of Jan in relation to his phone call with Russians and the hatch act?

The current investigation into Flynn is regarding payments from Turkey?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Trump didn't mention of any investigation of Flynn on February 14. He told Comey to hopefully see Flynn as a good man. Where does Trump mention any investigation? Cuz I don't see any mention. The word investigation in Trump's speech to Comey was editorialized and added as an opinion by MSM journalists. Trump himself never mentioned the word investigation in his speech to Comey.
edit on 18-5-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye
I believe what Trump is alleged to have said was, 'I hope you can see your way clear to 'let him off the hook''. Off the hook? Off the hook for what if not an investigation?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The "dates" are off because the "memo" in the context the MSM is presenting it does not even exist.

The MSM polling pr firms are busy.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
What flynn did was not something that was not actually that bad, but his lying to the VP was not appropriate. That was a sign he was not a member of the team.

The investigation into Flynn was closed for most parts, the FBI couldn't charge Flynn with anything except not reporting income from a past event, I do not know if Flynn paid taxes on that income, it seems it was just he did not file the proper paperwork. No wrongdoings as far as Russian ties were found that could have caused Flynn to be charged by the FBI were found. Maybe they did exist, I cannot say Flynn was innocent, only that it appears from evidence there was no collusion found. I see that some people keep blowing up the Flynn controversy yet to date no evidence of wrongdoing on his part linked to collusion has been found.

Like on the news today on Yahoo, there is a big headline..."Exclusive: Trump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians: sources" www.yahoo.com...

The headline looks impressive but if you read the whole article it basically says that nothing wrong has been found. So this protects the media yet for those who only read the headline and maybe one paragraph, they are led to believe something actually happened. It is all deception. None of those eighteen contacts was anything other than normal. It seems there were more contacts than usual, but then again, trumps people are businessmen, they are looking at getting things done and will try to get ahead of the ball game to set up things. You don't think a successful businessman would just go into something unprepared, they want to test the field.

Businessmen think differently than common citizens do, they are always evaluating things and make contacts in advance to show interest in working things out. Read that article, all of it, with an open mind. It says nothing. It is just a headline to increase the amount of people following the media, it is a sales scam. The MSM has gotten more and more like the national Enquirer used to be. We need better journalists and people running our media, people who look to reporting the truth, not a twisted version of the truth.
edit on 18-5-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

(post by gimcrackery removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

That is the general (common sense) consensus that was reached by real journalists this week.

Also, I heard that their Valentine's Day meeting was over Dinner. I don't think my wife would let me have dinner with someone else on Valentine's Day.

Maybe there's a real journalist in me yet!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If the FBI has the Comey memos I'm sure they have the technology to date the ink and identify the exact pen(s) used and identify the handwriting is his.

top topics

join