It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube you cheating bastard

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Exactly. That combined with the subscription changes so you have to go through all of them and highlight the bell. It's all designed to slow people down in the search for information.

It's subtle but it works.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I watch documentaries an awful lot. Many of them are about science, physics more particularly, since it interests me greatly to know more about the function and workings of the universe around me. However, it is also among my habits to watch historical documentaries, many of which contain footage of events which are being examined by the documentary concerned, where that footage is available.

Some of those documentaries feature harrowing images and film, shot at times of utter desperation for those depicted in them. Documentaries dealing with more recent historical events, feature more and more moving pictures from the scene of the events discussed. Whether we are discussing the famines, quakes, hurricanes or tornadoes which are the fist of nature striking out against the species, or the aftermath of war, there is a documentary out there somewhere, looking into the matter.

I have seen videos of war, famine, natural disaster as it happened, footage from the front lines and footage detailing the aftermath of all manner of events, including autopsies.

I do not watch those things because I have a perversion toward the macabre. I consumed that information for many reasons, including that one can learn an awful lot about matters by doing so, but also because it does those who have suffered or died in harrowing circumstances, no honour what so ever to forget them, or to avoid learning the lessons which might prevent more people suffering the way they did, dying for the same reasons they did. I do not watch war documentaries because I adore conflict. I do not watch autopsies because I am aroused by the dissection of the human anatomy. I watch these things and more, because I can learn something worth learning from them, and am not of the weak sort who cannot see something discomforting without vomiting. Avoiding the truth because ones stomach is weak, does no honour to those who have fallen, teaches one nothing, absolutely nothing about that which has been before.

In order to know a past folly well enough to avoid repeating it, one must NOT permit ones weakness to interfere with ones awareness, ones detailed awareness of what has previously occurred. We have a responsibility in this age of information, to our ancestors before us and to those who will come after, to make better choices, different choices, than those who have come before us, to make different mistakes, not the same ones that have already been made to the detriment of all the peoples of the world. We have this responsibility whether we accept the fact or ignore it. I simply choose to embrace my responsibilities to both future and past. This is not a moral failure, but a virtue.
edit on 18-5-2017 by TrueBrit because: grammatical edit.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

they have developed their own remote controlled weapons...

What does it matter to you? Are you in a position to do anything about it? Does it make any direct difference to your life? Is your livelihood affected?

No, it's just your entertainment. No different from Ancient Romans watching gladiators carve each other up, or lions eating Christians.

At least have the courage to admit it.

If this knowledge became more public, perhaps we could work on counter measures...

I'm sure the people whose job it is to devise such measures are fully informed. You'll need a better excuse than that.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Control of information, no matter the subject, is a ways and means of control in and of itself.

By making information harder to find, it remains unknown to people. That is why the media only shows certain things, and not others.

Knowledge is power, and the more one knows, the more one cannot be fooled.

Most people become uncomfortable at the sight of blood, conflict, etc. But ignoring it does not make it go away, and ignoring it also shows apathy.

It is healthy to be curious, despite what we are taught these days.

Too many people wear rose-colored glasses and refuse to even acknowledge any other reality besides the one they have made for them self. That is not a healthy practice and leads to ostrich disease (head in the sand).

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'm afraid I didn't make it to the end of your post, but you appear to be talking about stuff you can't help seeing in the process of watching something else. The OP admits to actually seeking it out.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

You are better informed today than ordinary citizens in any previous generation. The problem you're griping about doesn't exist. It is a paranoid invention.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

I think you might need to read the rest of my post.

I honestly do not know why I bother sometimes.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

You are better informed today than ordinary citizens in any previous generation. The problem you're griping about doesn't exist. It is a paranoid invention.

If such is the case, why do you come here? All the answers are available already, what's the point of a conspiracy, if everything from who murdered JFK, to the existence of God, or Aliens is already known? Why are you here, just go browse the web and all is known.

A paranoid invention, is it? Seems you've got your head stuck in the DSM a little too much.

There is all sorts of information that is hidden, tucked away and not brought out to the light of day. The MSM certainly doesn't cover 2/3 of the stuff that goes on in the world, and what they do cover has a biased slant, and is far from the truth.

Certainly, if knowledge was power, the election would have gone differently, wouldn't it? So many claim it so.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Sometimes I wonder the same thing. Why do you? You could say what you have to say better and more effectively if your posts were, on average, a quarter their present length.

edit on 18/5/17 by Astyanax because: of all that verbiage.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

If such is the case, why do you come here?

It's my entertainment. Visiting the asylum to laugh at the loonies.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Absolute nonsense.

Do not excuse your laziness, by complaining about my successful attention to diligence, detail and quality of delivery. Read the post, interact with the content thereof and respond to it, or simply do not respond to it. You have your choices right there. But do not expect me to drop my standards for communication, simply because you refuse to spend the time necessary to conduct a proper assessment of my input.

The bloody cheek of it!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

LOL a better excuse, to you?? As if I needed one? Get bent. I am free to do as I please, if it disturbs you, all the better. Politely go forth and make love with thyself, you snooty bastard. In the meantime, I shall continue to seek out and document reality. Run along now little girl, and play with your muppets on sesame street.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

I'm afraid I didn't make it to the end of your post, but you appear to be talking about stuff you can't help seeing in the process of watching something else. The OP admits to actually seeking it out.

Stop talking.
Shut up.
You dont matter.
I didn't even read what you said.

SJW ALERT.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I thought this thread was going to be about vids being taken down because of copyright claims. Used to be a hell of a lot of things I could watch that I can't now, or else I've got to pay for.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

For what it's worth, you really shouldn't have to justify yourself. Why you're searching this stuff is irrelevant.

I watch some heavy videos now and then. Not for educational value. Just to satisfy my own morbid curiosity. I don't think this is something to be ashamed of, nor apologised for.

I think we all get this from time to time and I suggest anyone who denies having that curiosity is a liar and a hypocrite.

It certainly doesn't give someone the right to look down their nose at you for being human.

Just signalling their own fake sense of self-righteousness.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail
Agreed. I was just explaining an alternative method to find videos in foreign languages related to my threads. Honestly anybody who is looking to get a fix of gory content is looking in the wrong place on youtube anyways. Hence why I ignored the poster for so long with his pretentious accusations. Thats typically what I do. But then he attacked other posters, especially that cool dude TrueBrit, and I did not care for that at all.

In any case, we shall see what youtube does next to try and censor international happenings behind the MSM filter.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

HA! I found this video before Al Masdar news did! It is in fact their most recent propaganda video from their fights in Mosul with extensive use of suicide bombers. It also confirms my suspicions that the reason coalition airstrikes are having such high civilian casualties is very likely due to the remote guns they are using. Definitely going to be using this search method extensively now.
40-min propaganda video depicts battle of Mosul shown from ISIS’ perspective

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join