It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tablets and computer viruses.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hello.

My sister recently purchased an Amazon Fire tablet for my nephew as a birthday gift. She asked me if it would be as vulnerable to computer viruses as a regular PC.

I have never really used a tablet so I couldn't give her a good answer, I told her to "Google it".

Then I thought if anyone would know the people on ATS would have an answer. Does anyone have knowledge they would like to share?

Thanks.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jafo1973
She asked me if it would be as vulnerable to computer viruses as a regular PC.

No.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Not viruses made for computers. Though, they certainly can pick up viruses formatted differently for the tablets, same as with smart phone viruses.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
That is an easy one to answer, but not to a simple solution, as every electronic device seems to have problems.

But here goes: Listing of Security Problems with Amazon Fire OS (updated most frequently)
edit on 18 5 2017 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Tablets have their specially designed viruses and bugs. Since you bought a new one it not been exposed too easily unless you have been to malicious sites.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Definitely there, and growing for the cellphone market, but still well below what you would see for a Microsoft based computer.

For the Amazon Fire tablets, there is an encryption option to help protect your data. Could be out of date info, but I think it's still correct: go to settings > security and privacy > encryption > encrypt tablet.

Will take a while, will slow down tablet slightly, but if there is important or sensitive info on the tablet, probably worth it!

top topics

join